- Volume 18 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Method for Maneuver Monitoring with Vehicle Trajectory Reconstruction
차량 궤적 추정을 통한 운행 안전 모니터링 기법
- Heo, Geun Sub (Kyungpook National University) ;
- Lee, Sang Ryong (Kyungpook National University) ;
- Shin, Jin-Ho (Dong-Eui University) ;
- Lee, Choon-Young (Kyungpook National University)
- Received : 2012.08.27
- Accepted : 2012.09.25
- Published : 2012.11.01
In this paper, we proposed a method for vehicle monitoring with trajectory reconstruction. For safety, it is important to monitor the driving habit of driver. Every year, many accidents occur due to the reckless driving of the driver. Continuous monitoring of the status of commercial vehicles is needed for safety through the entire path from start point to the destination. To monitor the reckless driving, we try to monitor the trajectory of the vehicle by using vehicle's lateral acceleration data. Compared with steering angle and lateral acceleration, these resemble each other. So, we find the relationship of steering angle and acceleration, and find the global direction of vehicle. We find the position of non-GPS section with EKF (External Kalman Filter) and reconstruct the whole trajectory during vehicle driving.
Supported by : 경북대학교, 한국연구재단
- B. K. Cho and S. J. Song, "An analysis of vehicle handling characteristics with ADAMS," Transactions of the Korean Society of Automotive Engineers of Korean (in Korean), vol. 4, no. 5, pp. 109-118, 1996.
- J. H. Cho and W. S. Lee, "Development of a Safe driving management system," Transactions of the Korean Society of Automotive Engineers of Korean (in Korean), vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 71-77, 2007.
- G. S. Kim, H. S. Jung, K. B. Yun, K. H. Jeong, K. D. Kim, "Implementation of telematics system using driving pattern detection algorithm," Journal of the Institute of Electronics Engineering of Korea (in Korean), vol. 45, no. 4, pp. 191-199, 2008.
- G. S. Heo, K. M. Bae, S. R. Lee, and C. Y. Lee, "Recognition of driving patterns using accelerometers," Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems (in Korean), vol. 16, no. 6, pp. 517-523, 2010. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2010.16.6.517
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, National Survey of Speeding and Other Unsafe Driver Actions. Volume II: Driver Attitudes and Behavior, http://nhtsa. dot.gov/people/injury/risky/unsafe/att-beh/cov-toc.html,1998
- Road Traffic Authority, IAAS Traffic accident analysis system, http://taas .koroad.or.kr/service/accidentInfo/accidentMain.jsp?link=accident5_2, 2012.
- A. Hac, "Rollover stability index including effects of suspension design," Society of Automobile Engineers Technical Paper of SAE2002 World Congress Detroit, March 2002-01-0965, 2002.
- J. Gao, M. Petovello, and M. E. Cannon, "Integration of steering angle sensor with global positioning system and micro-electro-mechanical systems inertial measurement unit for vehicular positioning," Journal of Intelligent Transportation Systems, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 159-167, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1080/15472450802448138
- H. Zeng, H. Zhang, H. Wu, and Z. Yu, "Driver maneuvers reconstruction based on vehicle traveling data recorder," Applied Mechanics and Materials, vol. 130-134, pp. 295-299, 2012.
- S. H. Bae and B. K. Kim, "An efficient outdoor localization method using multi-sensor fusion for car-like robots," Journal of the Institute of Electronics Engineering of Korea (in Korean), vol. 17, no. 10, pp. 995-1005, 2011. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2011.17.10.995
- S. Y. Hwang and J. M. Lee, "Estimation of attitude and position of moving objects using multi-filtered inertial navigation system," Journal of the Institute of Electronics Engineering of Korea (in Korean), vol. 60, no. 12, pp. 2339-2345, 2011. https://doi.org/10.5370/KIEE.2011.60.12.2339
- G. S. Heo, S. H. Ryu, K. Y. Park, S. R. Lee, and C. Y. Lee, "Intergrated monitoring system of tank-lorry," Proc. of IEEE International Symposium on Industrial Electronics 2009, Seoul, Korea June, pp. 200-204, 2009.
- H. D. Moon, "IT strategy items technology/market report," Electronics and Telecommunications Research Institute (in Korean), Korea, Report, pp. 27-42, 2003.
- W. Y. Kang, E. S. Lee, G. W. Lee, J. I. Park, K. S. Choi, M. B. Heo, "A study on the performance of precise digital map for road lane recognition," Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems (in Korean), vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 47-53, 2011. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2011.17.1.47