- Volume 18 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Design of Lateral Controller for Automatic Valet Parking and Its Performance Analysis with Respect to Vehicle Types
자동 발렛 파킹을 위한 횡방향 제어기 설계 및 차종변화에 대한 제어 성능 분석
- Received : 2012.08.27
- Accepted : 2012.09.25
- Published : 2012.11.01
The unified lateral control algorithm for automatic valet parking for various types of vehicles is presented and its feasibility is shown experimentally via field tests for the given parking scenario. First, a trajectory generation algorithm for forward driving and backward multi-step parking maneuvers is developed. Then, with consideration of different types of vehicles and operating conditions, a kinematic vehicle model is used and validated using field test data. Using the nonlinear vehicle model, the lateral controller is designed based on dynamic surface control. Finally the proposed lateral control law is validated via hardware-in-the-loop simulations for different types of vehicles and experimentally using a test vehicle through field tests.
Grant : 자동발렛파킹을 위한 센서기반 공간인지 및 자동주행 기술개발
Supported by : 지식경제부
- B. Song, "Perception technology for intelligent safety vehicle," KSAE Auto Journal (in Korean), vol. 34, no. 6, pp. 35-40, 2012.
- California PATH, Intellimotion, vol. 16, no. 1, 2010.
- ITS Strategic Research Plan 2010-2014, available at http://www.its.dot.gov/research.htm.
- D. Jung, "Intelligent vehicle development and application projects in USA," KSAE Auto Journal (in Korean), vol. 31, no. 4, pp. 66-71, 2009.
- Smart Highway R&D Center, a Proposal of Smart Highway Project (in Korean), Korea Expressway Co. 2009.
- K. An, J. Choi, and D. Kwak, "Automatic valet parking system incorporating a nomadic device and parking servers," Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. on Consumer Electronics, pp. 111-112, 2011.
- C. Urmson, J. Anhalt, and D. Bagnell, "Autonomous driving in urban environments," J. of Field Robotics, vol. 25, no. 8, pp. 425-466, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1002/rob.20255
- A. Bacha, et al., "Odin: team victor tango's entry in the DARPA urban challenge," Journal of Field Robotics, vol. 25, no. 8, pp. 467-492, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1002/rob.20248
- Y. K. Lo, A. B. Rad, C. W. L. Wong, andM. L. Ho, "Automatic parallel parking," Proc. of IEEE Conference on Intelligent Transportation Systems, pp. 1190-1193, 2003.
- D. Kim and B. Song, "Lateral vehicle control for semiautonomous valet parking with consideration of actuator dynamics," International Journal of Control Science and Engineering, To be published.
- R. Rajamani, C. Zhu, and L. Alexander, "Lateral control of a backward driven front-steering vehicle," Control Engineering Practice, vol. 11, no. 5, pp. 531-540, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0967-0661(02)00143-0
- L. E. Dubins, "On curves of minimal length with a constraint on average curvature, and with prescribed initial and terminal positions and tangents," American Journal of Mathematics, vol. 79, no. 3, pp. 497-516, 1957. https://doi.org/10.2307/2372560
- J. A. Reeds and L. A. Shepp, "Optimal paths for a car that goes both forwards and backwards," Pacific Journal of Mathematics, vol. 145, no. 2, pp. 367-393, 1990. https://doi.org/10.2140/pjm.1990.145.367
- B. Muller, J. Deutcher, and S. Groddle, "Continuous curvature trajectory design and feedforward control for parking a car," IEEE Transactions on Control System Technology, vol. 15. no. 3, pp. 541-553, 2007.
- S. Fleury, P. Soueres, J.-P. Laumond, and R. Chatila, "Primitives for smoothing mobile robot trajectories," IEEE Transactions on RoboticsAnd Automation, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 441-448, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1109/70.388788
- R. Rajamani, Vehicle Dynamics and Control, Springer, 2003.
- B. Song and J. K. Hedrick, Dynamic Surface Control for Uncertain Nonlinear Systems: An LMI Approach, Springer, 2011.
- CarSim, available at http://www.carsim.com.
- Design of the Unmanned Solar Vehicle with Quick Response of Maximum Power Point Tracking vol.18, pp.4, 2013, https://doi.org/10.6113/TKPE.2013.18.4.376
- Design of Sliding Mode Controller Based on Adaptive Fault Diagnosis Observer for Nonlinear Continuous-Time Systems vol.19, pp.9, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2013.13.1888