- Volume 18 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Estimation of the User's Location/Posture for Mobile Augmented Reality
모바일 증강현실 구현을 위한 사용자의 위치/자세 추정
- Received : 2012.08.27
- Accepted : 2012.09.25
- Published : 2012.11.01
Augmented Reality is being widely used not only for Smartphone users but also in industries such as maintenance, construction area. With smartphone, due to the low localization accuracy and the requirement of special infrastructure, current LBS (Localization Based Service) is limited to show P.O.I. (Point of Interest) nearby. Improvement of IMU (Inertial Measurement Unit) based deadreckoning is presented in this paper. Additional sensors such as the magnetic compass and magnetic flux sensors are used as well as the accelerometer and the gyro for getting more movement information. Based on the pedestrian movement, appropriate sensor information is selected and the complementary filter is used in order to enhance the accuracy of the localization. Additional sensors are used to measure the movements of the upper body and the head and to provide the user's line of sight.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- H. Chun, "Mobile augmented reality," Weekly Technology Review (in Korean), National IT Industry Promotion Agency, vol. 1447, pp. 25-37, 2010.
- H. Kim, et al., "Short distance localization technology review," Weekly Technology Review (in Korean), National IT Industry Promotion Agency, vol. 1322, pp. 1-13, 2007.
- J. S. Cha, et al., "Technology trend of active RFID-based realtime locating systems," Electronics and Telecommunications Trends (in Korean), ETRI, vol. 24, no. 5, pp. 87-97, Oct. 2009.
- I. Hong, "WPS: from vehicle navigation to pedestrian navigation," SW Insight (in Korean), National IT Industry Promotion Agency, pp. 36-53, Aug. 2009.
- Skyhook Wireless, http://www.skyhookwireless.com
- H. S. Ahn, et al., "Indoor localization technique for intelligent robotic space," Electronics and Telecommunications Trends (in Korean), ETRI, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 48-57, Apr. 2007.
- Y. S. Cho, et al., "Technical trend of indoor/outdoor seamless positioning," Electronics and Telecommunications Trends (in Korean), ETRI, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 20-28, Jun. 2007.
- Intelligent Service Integration Laboratory, KAIST, http://isilab.kaist.ac.kr/
- T. Lee, et al., "Localization for the elderly standard and technology trends," TTA Journal (in Korean), Telecommunications Technology Association, no. 125, pp. 80- 87, Sep./Oct. 2009.
- L. Ojeta, "Three dimensional motion and structure estimation using inertial sensors and computer vision for augmented reality," Presence, vol. 11, no. 5, pp. 474-492, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1162/105474602320935829
- E. P. Herrera, et al., "Analysis of a Kalman approach for a pedestrian positioning system in indoor environments," Euro-Par, LNCS 4641, pp. 931-940, 2007.
- W. Zijlstra, et al., "Assessment of spatio-temporal gait parameters from trunk accelerations during human walking," Gait and Posture 18, pp. 1-10, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gaitpost.2003.08.001
- S. Cho, et al., "MEMS based pedestrian navigation system," Journal of Navigation, vol. 59, pp. 135-153, 2006.
- L. Ojeda, et al., "Non-GPS navigation for security personnel and first responders," Journal of Navigation, vol. 60, no. 3, pp. 391- 407, Sep. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0373463307004286
- M. Jadalih, et al, "A new pedestrian navigation system based on low-cost IMU," International Conference on Ubiquitous Robots and Ambient Intelligence, 2007
- Ensco, Inc. http://www.geonav.ensco.com
- Y. S. Suh and S. Park, "pedestrian inertial navigation with gait phase detection assisted zero velocity updating," Proc. of the 4th International Conference on Autonomous Robots and Agents, pp. 336-341, 2009.
- L. Ojeda and J. Borenstein, "Non-GPS navigation for security personnel and first responders," Journal of Navigation, vol. 60 no. 3, pp. 391-407, Sep. 2007.
- Development of a Racing Game for Mobile Robots using Multiple Smartphones vol.19, pp.10, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2013.13.8004
- Biaxial Accelerometer-based Magnetic Compass Module Calibration and Analysis of Azimuth Computational Errors Caused by Accelerometer Errors vol.20, pp.2, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2014.13.9008