- Volume 18 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Performance Improvement of Incomplete Fingerprint Classification using an Adaptive Core Block Based on Markov Models
마코프 모델 기반 적응적 중심블록을 이용한 불완전한 지문의 분류 성능 향상에 관한 연구
- Received : 2012.08.27
- Accepted : 2012.09.25
- Published : 2012.11.01
We propose a novel approach to classify fingerprints using the extracted adaptive core block for improving classification performance of incomplete fingerprints in this paper. We compute representative directions from fingerprint images by the block unit and learn horizontal and vertical Markov models by deciding the center position of a fingerprint image based on the expert knowledge. The center block of a test image is the block has the highest probability after comparing the Markov model with
Grant : 스마트TV 2.0 소프트웨어 플랫폼
Supported by : 한국연구재단, 한국산업기술평가관리원
- D. Maltoni, D. Maio, A. K. Jain, and S. Parbnhankar, Handbook of Fingerprint Recognition, Springer, 2003.
- V. S. Srinivasan and N. N. Murthy, "Detection of singular points in fingerprint images," Pattern Recognition, vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 139-153, Feb. 1992. https://doi.org/10.1016/0031-3203(92)90096-2
- D. Weng, Y. Yin, and D. Yang, "Singular points detection based on multi-resolution in fingerprint images," Neurocomputing, vol. 74, no. 17, pp. 3376-3388, 2012.
- W. Feng, C. Yun, W. Hao, and W. Xiu-you, "Fingerprint classification based on improved singular points detection and central symmetrical axis," Proc. AICI'09, vol. 3, pp. 508-512, Nov. 2009.
- E. R. Henry, Classification and Use of Fingerprint, Routledge, London, 1900.
- K. Karu and A. K. Jain, "Fingerprint classification," Pattern Recognition, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 389-404, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1016/0031-3203(95)00106-9
- D. Maio and D. Maltoni, "A structural approach to fingerprint classification," Proc. 13th ICPR 96, vol. 3, pp. 578, Aug. 1996.
- R. Cappeli, A. Lumini, D. Maio, and D. Maltoni, "Fingerprint classification by directional image partitioning," IEEE Trans. on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 21, no. 5, pp. 402-421, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1109/34.765653
- L. Liu, C. Huang, and D. C. Hung, "A directional approach to Fingerprint classification," International Journal of Pattern Recognition and Artificial Intelligence, vol. 22, pp. 347-365, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1142/S0218001408006211
- X. Wang, F. Wang, J. Fan, and J. Wang, "Fingerprint classification based on continuous orientation field and singular points," Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Intelligent Computing and Intelligent Systems, pp. 189-193, Nov. 2009.
- A. K. Jain, S. Prabhakar, and L. Hong, "A multichannel approach to fingerprint classification," IEEE Trans. on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 402-421, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1109/34.765653
- J. Chang and K. Fan, "A new model for fingerprint classification by ridge distribution sequences," Pattern Recognition, vol. 35, no. 6, pp. 1209-1223, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0031-3203(01)00121-2
- H.-W. Jung and J.-H Lee, "Live-scanned fingerprint classification with markov models modified by GA," International Journal of Control, Automation, and Systems, vol. 9, no. 5, pp. 933-940, Oct. 2011. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12555-011-0514-7
- A. Senior, "A hidden markov model fingerprint classifier," Proc. 31st Asilomar Conf. Signals, Systems, and Computers, pp. 306-310, 1997.
- Z. Ou, H. Guo, and H. Wei, "Fingerprint classifier using embedded hidden Markov models," Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 3338, pp. 423-438, 2005.
- H.-W. Jung and J.-H. Lee, "A directional feature extraction method of each region for the classification of fingerprint images with various shapes," Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and System (in Korean), vol. 18, no. 9, pp. 887-893, 2012. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2012.18.9.887
- R. Gonzales, R. Woods Digital Image Processing, Addison-Wesley Publishing Company, 1992.
- Kullback, Solomon, Information Theory and Statistics, 2nd ed. New York: Dover Books, 1968.
- D. Maio, D. Maltoni, R. Cappelli, J. L. Wayman, and A. K. Jain, "FVC2000: fingerprint verification competition," Biolab Internal Report, University of Bologna, Italy, September 2000. Available from http://bias.csr.unibo.it/fvc2000/
- D. Maio, D. Maltoni, R. Cappelli, J. L. Wayman, and A. K. Jain, FVC2002: Fingerprint Verification Competition. Biolab internal report, University of Bologna, Italy, April 2002. Available from http://bias.csr.unibo.it/fvc2002/