- Volume 30 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Effects of 1-methylcyclopropene (1-MCP) on Fruit Quality and Occurrence of Physiological Disorders of Asian Pear (Pyrus pyrifolia), 'Wonhwang' and 'Whasan', during Shelf-life
동양배 '원황' 및 '화산'의 상온유통 중 품질 및 생리장해 발생에 미치는 1-methylcyclopropene (1-MCP) 처리의 영향
- Lee, Ug-Yong (Department of Horticulture, Chungnam National University) ;
- Oh, Kyoung-Young (Department of Horticulture, Chungnam National University) ;
- Moon, Seung-Joo (Daejeon Agricultural Technology Center) ;
- Hwang, Yong-Soo (Department of Horticulture, Chungnam National University) ;
- Chun, Jong-Pil (Department of Horticulture, Chungnam National University)
- 이욱용 (충남대학교 농업생명과학대학 원예학과) ;
- 오경영 (충남대학교 농업생명과학대학 원예학과) ;
- 문승주 (대전광역시 농업기술센터) ;
- 황용수 (충남대학교 농업생명과학대학 원예학과) ;
- 천종필 (충남대학교 농업생명과학대학 원예학과)
- Received : 2012.02.16
- Accepted : 2012.07.11
- Published : 2012.10.31
This study was conducted to investigate the effect of 1-methylcyclopropene (1-MCP) on fruit quality and incidence of physiological disorders for keeping freshness during marketing period in Asian pear (Pyrus pyrifolia Nakai) 'Wonhwang' and 'Whasan'. Fruits were treated with
core browning;firmness;internal browning;pithiness;respiration
Supported by : 농림수산식품부/농림수산식품기술기획평가원
- Ahn, Y.J., X.Y. Wu, W.S. Kim, Y.S. Jo, J.A. Jo, X. Li, and S.H. Lee. 2009. Effect of 1-MCP treatment on fruit freshness in Niitaka pears. Kor. J. Hort. Sci. Technol. 27(Suppl. I):117. (Abstr.)
- Behboudian, M.H. and G.S. Lawes. 1994. Fruit quality in 'Nijisseiki' Asian pear under deficit irrigation: Physical attributes, sugar and mineral content, and development of flesh spot decay. New Zealand J. Crop Hort. Sci. 22:393-400. https://doi.org/10.1080/01140671.1994.9513851
- Blankenship, S.M. and J.M. Dole. 2003. 1-Methylecyclopropene: A review. Postharvest Biol. Technol. 28:1-25. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0925-5214(02)00246-6
- Crisosto, C.H., E.J. Mitcham, and A.A. Kadar. 2012. Asian pear: Recommendations for maintaining postharvest quality. http://postharvest.ucdavis.edu/PFfruits/ AsianPear/.
- Gamrasni, D., R. Ben-Arie, and M. Goldway. 2010. 1-methylecyclopropene (1-MCP) application to Spadona pears at different stages of ripening to maximize fruit quality after storage. Postharvest Biol. Technol. 58:104-112. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.postharvbio.2010.05.007
- Guillen, F., S. Castillo, P.J. Zapata, D. Martinez-Romero, D. Valero, and M. Serrano. 2006. Efficacy of 1-MCP treatment in tomato fruit. 2. Effect of cultivar and ripening stage at harvest. Postharvest Biol. Technol. 42:235-242. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.postharvbio.2006.07.005
- Itai, A., T. Kawata, K. Tanabe, F. Tamura, M. Uchiyama, M. Tomomitsu, and N. Shiraiwa. 1999. Identification of 1-aminocyclopropane- 1-carboxylic acid synthase genes controlling the ethylene level of ripening fruit in Japanese pear (Pyrus pyrifolia Nakai). Mol. Gen. Genet. 261:42-49. https://doi.org/10.1007/s004380050939
- Jeong, S.T., J.G. Kim, S.S. Hong, H.S. Jang and Y.B. Kim. 1998. Influence of maturity and storage temperature on the respiration rate and ethylene production in 'Kosui', 'Chojuro' and 'Niitaka' pears. J. Kor. Soc. Hort. Sci. 39:446-448.
- Kader, A.A. 1989. Mode of action of oxygen and carbon dioxide on postharvest physiology of 'Bartlett' pears. Acta Hort. 258: 161-167.
- Kim, H.C., K.S. Bae, J.H. Bae, K.S. Jeon, and J.U. Hong. 2006. Effect of ethylene removal on fruit quality of oriental pear during storage. J. Bio-Environ. Control 15:61-66.
- Kim, J.B, S.J. Kang, D.S. Son, H.S. Seo, K.S. Cho, J.J. Choi, J.H. Choi, J.H. Han, S.S. Kang and I.S. Shin. 2002. Selection guide for pear cultivar. Naesaranguribae, Naju, Korea.
- Kim, J.K., K.Y. Oh, U.G. Lee, K.B. Ma, Y.S. Hwang, J.M. Choi, and J.P. Chun. 2011. Changes of the fruit quality according to temperature environment and marketing period during simulated exportation in 'Whasan' pears. J. Bio-Environ. Control 20:399-405.
- Kitamura, T., T. Iwata, T. Fukushima, Y. Furukawa, and T. Ishiguro. 1981. Studies on the maturation-physiology and storage of fruits and vegetables. II. Respiration and ethylene production in reference to species and cultivars of pear fruit. J. Japan. Soc. Hort. Sci. 49:608-616. https://doi.org/10.2503/jjshs.49.608
- Larrigaudiere, C., I. Lentheric, J. Puy, and E. Pinto. 2004. Biochemical characterisation of core browning and brown heart disorders in pear by multivariate analysis. Postharvest Biol. Technol. 31:29-39. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0925-5214(03)00132-7
- Lee, U.Y., K.Y. Oh, J.H. Choi, Y.S. Hwang, J.M. Choi, and J.P. Chun. 2011. Evaluation of fruit quality during shelf-life at high temperature environment in 'Wonhwang' and 'Whasan' pears. J. Bio-Environ. Cont. 20:233-240.
- Lim, B.S., Y.S. Hwang, J.P. Chun, and H.W. Jung. 2007. Effect of storage temperature on the core breakdown of 'Wonhwang' and 'Niitaka' pear fruits. Kor. J. Hort. Sci. Technol. 25:212-216.
- Moon, S.J., S.H. Lee, J.H. Han, Y.S. Hwang, and J.P. Chun. 2008. Effects of 1-MCP and storage condition on fruit quality of 'Whangkeumbae' pear during storage and simulated marketing. Kor. J. Hort. Sci. Technol. 26:380-386.
- Oh, K.Y., U.Y. Lee, S.J. Moon, Y.O. Kim, H.S. Yook. Y.S. Hwang, and J.P. Chun. 2010. Transportation and distribution temperatures affect fruit quality and physiological disorders in 'Wonhwang' pears. Kor. J. Hort. Sci. Technol. 28:434-441.
- Park, Y.S. 1999. Effects of storage temperatures and CA conditions on firmness, fruit composition, oxygen consumption and ethylene production of Asian pears during storage. J. Kor. Soc. Hort. Sci. 40:559-562.
- Shihomi, S., K. Chono, M. Nishikawa, M. Okabe, and R. Nakamura. 2002. Effect of 1-methylcyclopropene (1-MCP) on respiration, ethylene production and color change of pineapple fruit after harvest. Food Preserv. Sci. 28:235-241. https://doi.org/10.5891/jafps.28.235
- Tamura, F., J.P. Chun, K. Tanabe, M. Morimoto, and A. Itai. 2003. Effect of summer-pruning and gibberellin on the watercore development in Japanese pear 'Akibae' fruit. J. Japan. Soc. Hort. Sci. 72:372-377. https://doi.org/10.2503/jjshs.72.372
- Yang, Y.J. 1997.Effect of controlled atmospheres on storage life in 'Niitaka' pear fruit. J. Kor. Soc. Hort. Sci. 38:734-738.
- Yoo, W.J., D.H. Kim, D.H. Lee and J.K. Byun. 2002. Changes of respiration rate, cell wall components and their hydrolase activities during the ripening of 'Whangkeumbae' pear fruit. J. Kor. Soc. Hort. Sci. 43:43-46.