- Volume 7 Issue 6
Power system loads have a significant impact on a system. Although it is difficult to precisely describe loads in a mathematical model, accurately modeling them is important for a system analysis. The traditional load modeling method is based on the load components of a bus. Recently, the load modeling method based on measurements from a system has been introduced and developed by researchers. The two major components of a load modeling problem are determining the mathematical model for the target system and estimating the parameters of the determined model. We use the composite load model, which has both static and dynamic load characteristics. The ZIP model and the induction motor model are used for the static and dynamic load models, respectively. In this work, we propose the measurement-based parameter estimation method for the composite load model. The test system and related measurements are obtained using transient security assessment tool(TSAT) simulation program and PSS/E. The parameter estimation is then verified using these measurements. Cases are tested and verified using the sample system and its related measurements.
Composite load model;Measurement-based parameter estimation
- Jin Ma, "Load Modeling by Finding Support Vectors of Load Data from Field Measurement," IEEE Trans. Power Systems, Vol. 21, No. 2, pp. 726-735, May. 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRS.2006.873101
- He Renmu, "Composite Load Modeling via Measurement Approach," IEEE Trans. Power Systems, Vol. 21, No. 2, pp. 663-671, 1992.
- W.-S. Kao, "Comparison of simulated power system dynamics applying various load models with actual recorded data," IEEE Trans. Power Systems, Vol. 9, No. 1, pp. 248-254, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1109/59.317604
- Ma Jin, "Measurement-based Load Modeling; Theory an Applications," Sci. China Ser E-Tech Sci., Vol. 50, No. 5, pp. 606-617, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11431-007-0069-2
- EPRI Technical Report, Measurement-based Load Modeling, Sep. 2006.
- IEEE Task Force on Load Representations in the dynamic performance, "Load representation for dynamic performance analysis," IEEE Trans. Power Systems, Vol. 8, No. 2, pp. 472-482, May, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1109/59.260837
- Valery Knyazkin, "On the Parameter Estimation and Modeling of Aggregate Power System Loads," IEEE Trans. Power Systems, Vol. 9, No. 2, pp. 1023-1031, May, 2004.
- Hsiao-Dong Chiang and Jin-Cheng Wang, "Development of a Dynamic ZIP-motor Load Model from Online Field Measurements," Electrical Power & Energy Systems, Vol. 19, No. 7, pp. 459-468, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0142-0615(97)00016-1
- Prabha Kundur, Power system stability and control: McGraw-Hill, 1994.
- Jin Ma, "Measurement-based Load Modeling using Genetic Algorithms," IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation (CEC2007), pp. 2909-2916, 2007.
- Hua Bai, "A Novel Parameter Identification Approach via Hybrid Learning for Aggregate Load Modeling," IEEE Trans. Power Systems, Vol. 24, No. 3, pp. 1145- 1154, Aug. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRS.2009.2022984
- Ian A. Hiskens, "Nonlinear Dynamic Model Evaluation from Disturbance Measurements," IEEE Trans. Power Systems, Vol. 16, No. 4, Nov. 2001.
- Byoung-Kon Choi, "Multiple Solutions and Plateau Phenomenon in Measurement-Based Load Model Development; Issues and Suggestions," IEEE Trans. Power Systems, Vol. 24, No. 2, May, 2009.
- PSS/E operation manual, Siemens PTI, 2005.
- Development of the automatic load modelling system using PQM data on industry site vol.7, pp.1, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1080/22348972.2016.1158350
- Improved Power Flow Initialization of Dynamic Studies with Non-linear Composite Load Model vol.41, pp.15, 2013, https://doi.org/10.1080/15325008.2013.830657
- Scheme to improve the load characteristics in DC distribution networks based on optimal allocation of energy storage systems vol.1, pp.1, 2009, https://doi.org/10.1049/joe.2017.0771
- Modeling of loads dependent on harmonic voltages vol.152, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.epsr.2017.07.030