- Volume 32 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
'Joseong', a New Early-Heading Forage Triticale Cultivar for Paddy Field of Double Cropping
이모작 재배에 적합한 조숙성 조사료용 트리티케일 신품종 '조성'
- Han, Ouk-Kyu ;
- Park, Tae-Il ;
- Park, Hyung-Ho ;
- Song, Tae-Hwa ;
- Ju, Jung-Il ;
- Jeung, Jae-Hyun ;
- Kang, Sung-Joo ;
- Kim, Dae-Ho ;
- Choi, Hong-Jib ;
- Park, Nam-Geon ;
- Kim, Kee-Jong ;
- Hwang, Jong-Jin ;
- Baek, Seong-Beum ;
- Kwon, Young-Up
- Received : 2012.07.23
- Accepted : 2012.08.20
- Published : 2012.09.30
'Joseong', a winter forage triticale cultivar (X Triticosecale Wittmack), was developed by the breeding team at the Department of Rice and Winter Cereal Crop, NICS, RDA in 2010. The cultivar 'Joseong' was selected from the cross FAHAD_5/RHINO1R.1D 5+10 5D'5B'//FAHAD_5 by CIMMYT (Mexico) in 1992. Subsequent generations were handled in pedigree selection program at Mexico from 1993 to 1998, and a line 'CTSS92Y-A-4Y-0M-5Y-0B' was selected for earliness and good agronomic characteristics. After preliminary and advance yield test in Korea for 2 years, the line designated as a line name of 'Iksan26'. The 'Iksan26' was subsequently evaluated for earliness and forage yield in 7 different locations such as Jeju, Iksan, Cheongwon, Yesan, Naju, Daegu, and Jinju from 2008 to 2010 and finally named as 'Joseong'. The cultivar 'Joseong' has characteristics of dark green leaf, yellow culm and spike, and large grain of yellowish brown color. The heading date of cultivar 'Joseong' was April 24, which was 5 days earlier than that of check cultivar 'Shinyoung'. It showed better tolerance or resistance to lodging, wet injury, powdery mildew, and leaf rust than those of the check cultivar 'Shinyoung'. The average forage dry matter yield of cultivar 'Joseong' at milk-ripe stage was 14.5 MT
- Goering, H.K. and P.J. Van Soest. 1970. Forage fiber analysis. Agic. Handbook 379, U.S. Gov. Print. Office, Washington DC.
- Alberta Agriculture, Food and Rural Development (AAFRD). 2005. Triticale and utilization manual, Spring and winter triticale for grain, forage and value-added. Alberta, Canada. pp. 3-5.
- AOAC. 1995. Official method of analysis (15th ed.). Association & Official Analytical Chemists, Washington DC.
- Delogu, G., N. Faccini, P.P. Faccioli, F. Reggiani, M. Lendini, N. Berardo and Odoardi. 2002. Dry matter yield and quality evaluation at two phenological stage of Sardinia Italy. Field Crops Res. 74:207-215. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-4290(02)00002-3
- Heo, H.Y., H.H. Park, J.J. Hwang, H.S. Kim, O.K. Han, T.I. Park, J.H. Seo, D.W. Kim, S.Y. Kim, S.J. Kim and K.H. Park. 2009a. A new early-heading and high-yielding forage rye variety, 'Olgreen'. Kor. J. Breed. Sci. 41(4):625-629.
- Heo, H.Y., H.H. Park, J.J. Hwang, H.S. Kim, O.K. Han, T.I. Park, J.H. Seo, D.W. Kim, S.Y. Kim, S.J. Kim and K.H. Park. 2009b. A new early-heading and high forage yielding rye variety 'Egreen'. Korean J. Breed. Sci. 41(4):620-624.
- Heo, H.Y., H.H. Park, Y.U. Kwon, J.G. Kim, J.H. Nam, S.J. Kim and J.K. Lee. 2004. A new high yielding rye variety 'Gogu'. Treat. Crop Sci. 6: 59-66.
- Heo, H.Y., K.G. Park, H.H. Park, M.J. Kim, J.H. Nam, C.K. Lee, J.G. Kim and Y.U. Kwon. 2002. Cold tolerant, lodging resistant and high grain yielding new forage triticale variety 'Shinyoung'. Treat. Crop Res. 3:94-98.
- Hills, M.J., L.M. Hall, D.F. Messenger, R.J. Graf, B.L. Beres and F. Eudes. 2007. Evaluation of crossability between triticale (X Triticosecale Wittmack) and common wheat, durum wheat and rye. Environ. Biosafety Res. 6:249-257. https://doi.org/10.1051/ebr:2007046
- Holland, C., W. Kezar, W.P Kautz, E.J. Lazowski, W.C. Mahanna and R. Reinhart. 1990. Pioneer Hi-Bred International, Inc., Des moines, IA.
- Lukaszewski, A.J. and J.P. Gustafson. 1987. Cytogenetics of triticale. Plant Breed. Rev. 5:41-93.
- Mergoum, M., P.K. Singh, R.J. Pena, A.J. Lozano-del Rio, K.V. Cooper, D.F. Salmon and H. Gomez Macpherson. 2009. Triticale : A "New" crop with old challenges. Handbook of plant breeding, Cereals. M. J. Carena (ed.), Springer, ND, USA. pp. 267-269.
- Mergoum, M., W.H. Pfeiffer, R.J. Pena, K. Ammar and S. Rajaram. 2004. Triticale crop improvement: the CIMMYT programme. In: M. Mergoum and H. Gomez-Macpherson (eds.). Triticale improvement and production. FAO plant production and protection paper No. 179. Food and Agriculture Organization on United Nations, Rome. pp. 11-26.
- MFAFF. 2011. Program for the increased production of roughage. Ministry for Food, Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries, Seoul, Korea.
- Rural Development Administration (RDA). 2007. 2007/2008 year project plan for collaborative research program to develop new cultivars of winter crops. pp. 40-43
- Rural Development Administration (RDA). 2010. 2008/2009 year project report for collaborative research program to develop new cultivars of winter crops. pp. 247-259.
- Rural Development Administration (RDA). 2010. 2009/2010 year project plan for collaborative research program to develop new cultivars of winter crops. pp. 77-80.
- Rural Development Administration (RDA). 2011. 2009/2010 year project report for collaborative research program to develop new cultivars of winter crops. pp. 226-241.
- Salmon, D.F., F. Temelli and S. Spence. 2002. Chemical composition of western Canadian varieties. In: E. Arseniuk (ed.). Proc. 5th Int. Triticale Symp. June 30-July 5, 2002. Radzikow, Poland. pp. 445-450.
- Song, T.H., O.K. Han, S.K. Yun, T.I. Park, J.H. Seo, K.H. Kim and K.H. Park. 2009. Changes in quantity and quality of winter cereal crops for forage at different growing stages. J. Kor. Grassl. Forage Sci. 29(2):129-136. https://doi.org/10.5333/KGFS.2009.29.2.129
- Youn, K.B., J.J. Hwang, B.R. Sung, J.H. Lee. H.S. Hur, J.G. Kim, B.Y. Kim, W.S. Ahn, Y.S. Kim and C.H. Cho. 1986. A good quality, lodging resistant and high yielding triticale variety 'Sinkihomil' as soiling crop. Res. Rept (Crops), RDA, 28(I):143-147.