- Volume 12 Issue 3
A Comparison of the Failure Mechanism for High Power Converted White LEDs(3W)
고 출력 백색 변환용 LED(3W용)의 고장메커니즘 비교
- Yun, Yang-Gi (Reliability Assessment Team, Korea Testing Certification) ;
- Jang, Jung-Sun (Department of Industrial Engineering, Graduate School of Ajou University)
- Received : 2012.07.18
- Accepted : 2012.09.15
- Published : 2012.09.25
This paper presents a comparison of the failure mechanism for high power converted white LEDs(3W) with the commercially available YAG:Ce and silicate phosphor. We carry out the normal aging life test for 10,000 hours, the high temperature aging test for 8,000 hours, the high temperature and humidity aging test for 8,000 hours and the current aging testing for 5,000 hours. The optical and electrical parameters of LEDs were monitored, such as lumen, correlated color temperature (CCT), chromaticity coordinates(x, y), thermal resistance, I -V curve and spectrum intensity. The stress induced a luminous flux decay on LED in all experiments and causes a failure. So we try to find out what's a main failure mechanism for a high power LED.
- 천성일, 윤양기, 장중순(2010), 고출력 형광체 변환 백색 LED 패키지의 가속 시험, 신뢰성응용연구, 제10권, 제2호, 137-148.
- 김창해(2008), 백색 LED용 형광 소재의 연구 개발 동향, 물리학과 첨단 기술, 22-25.
- Calleja, A.J., Tones, A., Garcia, J., Secades, M.R., Ribas, J., Martinez, J.A.(2007), "Evaluation of Power LEDs Drivers with Supercapacitors and Digital Control", 42nd IEEE Industry Applications Conference, pp.1129-1134.
- Dupuis, R. D. and Krames, M. R.(2008), "History, Development, and Applications of High Brightness Visible Light-Emitting Diodes", Journal of Lightwave Technology, Vol. 26, No. 9, 1154-1171.
- Dupuis, R. D. arid Krames, M. R.(2008), "Histoiy, Development, and Applications of High-Brightness Visible Light-Emitting Diodes", J. Lightwave Technol., 26(9), pp.1154-1171.
- Hardy, K. R., Olsson, M. S., Lakin, B. P., Steeves, K. A., Sanderson, J. R., Simmons, J. E., Weber, P.A.(2008), "Advances in High Brightness Light Emitting Diodes in Underwater Application", Oceans, pp.1-5.
- Hui, S. Y. R., Li, S. N., Tao, X. H., Chen, W., Ng, W. M.(2010), "A Novel Passive Off-line Light-Emitting Diode(LED) Driver with Life Time", 25th IEEE Applied Power Electronics Conference and Exposition (APEC), pp.594-600.
- Hsu, Y. C., Lin, Y. K, Chen, M. M., Tsai, C. C., Kuang, J. H., Husng S. S., Hu, H. L., Su, Y. I., Cheng, W. H.(2008), "Failure Mechanism Associated With Lens Shape of High Power LED Modules in Aging Test", IEEE T. Electron Dev. 55(2), pp.689-694.
- Jeong, J. S., Jung, J.K., Park, S. D.(2008), "Reliability Improvement of InGaN LED Backlight Module by Accelerated Life Test (ALT) and Screen Policy of Potential Leakage LED", Microelectronics, Vol. 48, 1216-1220.
- Luo, X., Wu, B., Liu, S.(2010), "Effects of Moist Environments on LED Module Reliability", IEEE Transaction on Device and Materials Reliability, Vol. 10, No. 2.
- Liu, Z., Liu, S., Wang, K., Luo, X.(2009), "Optical Analysis of Phosphor's Location for High-Power Light-Emitting Diodes", IEEE T. Device Mat. Re., 9(1), pp.65-73.
- Meneghini, M., Tazzoli, A., Mura, G., Meneghesso, G., Zanoni, E.(2010), "A Review on the Physical Mechanisms That Limit the Reliability of GaN-Based LEDs", IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, Vol. 57, No. 1, 108-118.
- Meneghini, M., Podda, S., Morelli, A., Pintus, R., Trevisanello, L., Meneghesso, G., Vanzi, M., Zanoni, E.(2006), High Brightness GaN LEDs Degradation during DC and Pulsed Stress, Microelectronics Reliability, Vol. 46, 1720-1724. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.microrel.2006.07.050
- Alliance for Solid-State Illumination System and Technologies of Lighting Research Center(2006), "LED Life for General Lighting", Lighting Research Center, New York.