- Volume 37 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
ANALYSIS BY SYNTHESIS FOR ESTIMATION OF DOSE CALCULATION WITH gMOCREN AND GEANT4 IN MEDICAL IMAGE
- Lee, Jeong-Ok (Wonkwang Health Science University) ;
- Kang, Jeong-Ku (Jeonju Jesus Hospital) ;
- Kim, Jhin-Kee (Chonbuk National University Hospital) ;
- Kim, Bu-Gil (Chonbuk National University Hospital) ;
- Jeong, Dong-Hyeok (Dongnam Institute of Radiological & Medical Sciences)
- Received : 2012.06.01
- Accepted : 2012.08.23
- Published : 2012.09.30
The use of GEANT4 simulation toolkit has increased in the radiation medical field for the design of treatment system and the calibration or validation of treatment plans. Moreover, it is used especially on calculating dose simulation using medical data for radiation therapy. However, using internal visualization tool of GEANT4 detector constructions on expressing dose result has deficiencies because it cannot display isodose line. No one has attempted to use this code to a real patient's data. Therefore, to complement this problem, using the result of gMocren that is a three-dimensional volume-visualizing tool, we tried to display a simulated dose distribution and isodose line on medical image. In addition, we have compared cross-validation on the result of gMocren and GEANT4 simulation with commercial radiation treatment planning system. We have extracted the analyzed data of dose distribution, using real patient's medical image data with a program based on Monte Carlo simulation and visualization tool for radiation isodose mapping.
Supported by : Wonkwang Health Science University
- Kimura A, Tanaka S, Sasaki T. A visualization tool for GEANT4-based medical physics applications. Int.J.of Computer Assisted Radiology and Surgery. 2006;1:462-463.
- Kimura A, Tanaka S, Aso T, et al. DICOM Interface and Visualization Tool for GEANT4-Based Dose Calculation. IEEE Nuclear Science Symposium Conference Record. 2005;2:981-984.
- Kimura A, Aso T, Yoshida H, et al. DICOM Data Handling for GEANT4-Based Medical Physics Application. IEEE Nuclear Science Symposium Conference Record. 2004;4:2124-2127.
- Archambault L, et al. Overview of GEANT4 Applications in Medical Physics. 2003 IEEE Nucl. Sci. Sym. Conference Record. 2003;3(19-25):1743-1745.
- Agostinelli S, et al. GEANT4 Collaboration: A Simulation Toolkit. Nucl. Instrum. Meth. 2003;A506:250-303
- Laan DJ, et al. Using Cramer-Rao Theory Combined with Monte Carlo Simulations for the Optimization of Monolithic Scintillator PET Detector. IEEE Trans. Nucl. Sci. 2006;53(3):1064-1070.
- Mori K, et al. Fast volume rendering based on software optimization using multimedia instruction on PC platforms. Proc. of CARS 2002. 2002;467-472.
- Levoy M. Efficient ray tracing of volume data. ACM Trans. on Graphics. 1990;9(3):245-261. https://doi.org/10.1145/78964.78965