- Volume 13 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Design and Implementation of Pedestrian Position Information System in GPS-disabled Area
GPS 수신불가 지역에서의 보행자 위치정보시스템의 설계 및 구현
- Received : 2012.06.28
- Accepted : 2012.09.06
- Published : 2012.09.30
In this paper, we propose a Pedestrian Position Information System(PPIS) using low-cost inertial sensors in GPS-disabled area. The proposed scheme estimates the attitude/heading angle and step detection of pedestrian. Additionally, the estimation error due to the inertial sensors is mitigated by using additional sensors. We implement a portable hardware module to evaluate performance of the proposed system. Through the experiments in indoor building, the estimation error of position information was measured as 2.4% approximately.
IMU;GPS;Position information;sensor fusion;Kalman filter
- S. H. Fang and T. N. Lin, "Principal Component Localization in Indoor WLAN Environments," IEEE Trans. on Mobile Computing, vol.11, no.1, pp.100-110, January, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMC.2011.30
- Y. Zhou, C. L. Law, Y. L. Guan and F. Chin, "Indoor Elliptical Localization Based on Asynchronous UWB Range Measurement," IEEE Trans. on Instrumentation and Measurement, vol.60, no.1, pp.248-257, January, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIM.2010.2049185
- J. Park and J. Lee, "A Beacon Color Code Scheduling for the Localization of Multiple Robots," IEEE Trans. on Industrial Informatics, vol.7, no.3, pp.467-475, August, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TII.2011.2158833
- C. Huang, Z. Liao and L. Zhao, "Synergism of INS and PDR in Self-Contained Pedestrian Tracking with a Miniature Sensor Module,"IEEE Sensors Journal, vol.10, no.8, pp.1349-1359, August, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/JSEN.2010.2044238
- J. Borenstein, L. Ojeda and S. Kwanmuang, "Heuristic Reduction of Gyro Drift For Personnel Tracking Systems," The Journal of Navigation, vol.62, no.1, pp.41-58, January 2009. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0373463308005043
- S. H. Shin, C. G. Park and S. Choi, "New Map-Matching Algorithm Using Virtual Track for Pedestrian Dead Reckoning," ETRI Journal, vol.32, no.6, pp.891-900, December 2010 https://doi.org/10.4218/etrij.10.0110.0037
- I. Skog, P. Handel, J. O. Nilsson and J. Rantakokko, "Zero-Velocity Detection-An Algorithm Evaluation," IEEE Trans. On Biomedical Engineering, vol.57, no.11, pp.2657-2666, November, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TBME.2010.2060723
- D. Alvarez, R. C. Gonzalez, A. Lopez and J. C. Alvarez, "Comparison of Step Length Estimators from Wearable Accelerometer Devices," Proc. of the 28th IEEE EMBS Annual International Conference, pp.5964-5967, August, 2006.
- W. Chen, "An Effective Pedestrian Dead Reckoning Algorithm Using a Unified Heading Error Model," Position Location and Navigation Symposium, pp.340-347, May, 2010.
- W. Zijlstra and A. L. Hof, "Displacement of the pelvis during human walking: experimental data and model predictions," Gait & Posture, vol. 6, no. 3, p. 249, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0966-6362(97)00021-0
- H. Weinberg, "Using the adxl202 in pedometer and personal navigation applications," Application Notes, American Devices, 2002.
- S. Cho and C. Park, "MEMS Based Pedestrian Navigation System," The Journal of Navigation, vol.59, pp.135-153, 2006.
- D. Villanueva, A. Trujillo, E. Fermon, E. Cardiel, and P. Hedz, "Method for Monitoring Acceration of the Trunk During Gait," In Proc. of the Second Joint EMBS/BMES Conf., vol.2, pp.1758-1759, Oct. 2002.
- B. Auvinet, D. Chaleil and E. Barrey, "Accelerometric gait analysis for use in hospital outpatients," Rev. Rhum. Engl. Ed. vol.66, pp.389-397, Jul. 1999.
- L. Ojeda and J. Borenstein, "Personal Dead-Reckoning System for Gps-Denied Environments,"IEEE International Workshop on Safety, Security and Rescue Robotics, pp. 1-6, Sep. 2007.
- C. D. Cliff Randell and H. L. Muller, "Personal Position Measurement Using Dead Reckoning," In Proc. of the Seventh International Symposium on Wearable Computers, pp.166-173, Oct. 2003.
- S. Beauregard and H. Haas, "Pedestrian Dead Reckoning: A Basis for Personal Positioning," In Proc. of the 3rd Workshop on Positioning, Navigation and Communication, pp.27-36, 2006.
- S. W. Lee and K. Mase, "Activity and Location Recognition Using Wearable Sensors," IEEE Pervasive Computing, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 24-32, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1109/MPRV.2002.1037719
- S. P. Tseng, W. L. Li, C. Y. Sheng, J. W. Hsu and C. S. Chen, "Motion and attitude estimation using inertial measurements with complementary filter," Proc. of 2011 8th Asian Control Conference(ASCC), May, 2011.
Supported by : 삼성탈레스