- Volume 32 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Control of Invaded Interspecies Turfgrass on Golf Course
골프코스에서 혼입된 이종잔디의 방제
- Choi, Dae-Hong (Department of Applied Biology, Gyeongsang National University) ;
- Park, Nam-Il (Korea Turfgrass Research Institute) ;
- Choi, Sung-Hwan (Agrotechnology Research Institute, Korea Crop Protection Company) ;
- Park, Kee-Woong (Department of Crop Science, Chungnam National University) ;
- Kim, Jin-Woo (Department of Applied Biology, Gyeongsang National University) ;
- Kwak, Youn-Sig (Department of Applied Biology, Gyeongsang National University) ;
- Lee, Jeung-Joo (Department of Applied Biology, Gyeongsang National University)
- 최대홍 (경상대학교 농업생명과학대학 응용생물학과) ;
- 박남일 (한국 잔디연구소) ;
- 최성환 ((주)KCP 농업기술연구소) ;
- 박기웅 (충남대학교 농업생명과학대학 식물자원학부) ;
- 김진우 (경상대학교 농업생명과학대학 응용생물학과) ;
- 곽연식 (경상대학교 농업생명과학대학 응용생물학과) ;
- 이증주 (경상대학교 농업생명과학대학 응용생물학과)
- Received : 2012.08.02
- Accepted : 2012.09.15
- Published : 2012.09.30
In this study, we attempted to control invaded hetero-species turfgrass in golf courses with herbicides. Asulam sodium SP and trifloxysulfuron-sodium WG (to control creeping bentgrass in zoysiagrass), trifloxysulfuron-sodium WG (to control kentucky bluegrass in zoysiagrass), and mesotrione SC (to control creeping bentgrass in kentucky bluegrass) were selected as efficient herbicides. To creeping bentgrass, asulam sodium SP and trifloxysulfuron-sodium WG until 70 days after application (DAA), mesotrione SC until 230 DAA and to kentucky bluegrass trifloxysulfuron-sodium WG until 110 DAA; the applications showed 90% herbicidal effect. At 4 X recommended application dose, asulam sodium SP, trifloxysulfuronsodium WG (to zoysiagrass) and mesotrione (to kentucky bluegrass) showed insignificant harmful effect. With recommended dose, asulam sodium SP showed 80% control effect of creeping bentgrass in zoysiagrass until 40 DAA and trifloxysulfuron-sodium WG demonstrated 85% control efficiency until 30 DAA. Trifloxysulfuron-sodium WG controlled 85% of kentucky bluegrass in zoysiagrass until 40 DAA. Mesotrione SC with recommended dose showed 95% control efficiency to creeping bentgrass in kentucky bluegrass.
- Beam, J. B., W. L. Barker, and S. D. Askew. 2006. Selective creeping bentgrass (Agrostis stolonifera) control in cool-season turfgrass. Weed Tech. 20: 340-344. https://doi.org/10.1614/WT-04-262R1.1
- Choi, D. H. 2012. Invading problem and control of turfgrass interspecies on golf course. Ph. D thesis. Department of Applied Biology. Gyeongsang National University.
- Kim, Y. S., and S. J. Lee. 2000. Chemical control of bentgrass in kentucky bluegrass. Kor. Turfgrass Sci. 14(1):251-256.
- Lewis, D. F, J. S. Mcelroy, J. C. Sorochan, and G.K. Breeden. 2007. Developing best management practices for bermudagrass control in zoysiagrass fairways. USGA Turfgrass and environmental research summary p. 21.
- Park, N. I., I. Y. Lee, J. E. Park, H. J. Kim, J. C. Chun, and M. Ogasawara. 2006. Control annual bluegrass (Poa annua L.) by bispyribac-sodium. Kor. Turfgrass Sci. 20(2):157-165.
- Tae, H. S. 2005. Creeping bentgrass (Agrostis palustris Huds.) control in kentucky bluegrass (Poa pratensis L.) fairways. Kor. Turfgrass Sci. 19(2):65-72.
- 한국작물보호협회. 2009. 농약사용지침서.