- Volume 32 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Composition and Invading Problem of Interspecies Turfgrass on Golf Course
골프코스의 이종잔디 조성과 혼입 현황
- Choi, Dae-Hong (Department of Applied Biology, Gyeongsang National University) ;
- Park, Nam-Il (Korea Turfgrass Research Institute) ;
- Choi, Sung-Hwan (Agrotechnology Research Institute, Korea Crop Protection Company) ;
- Park, Kee-Woong (Department of Crop Science, Chungnam National University) ;
- Kim, Jin-Woo (Department of Applied Biology, Gyeongsang National University) ;
- Kwak, Youn-Sig (Department of Applied Biology, Gyeongsang National University) ;
- Lee, Jeung-Joo (Department of Applied Biology, Gyeongsang National University)
- 최대홍 (경상대학교 농업생명과학대학 응용생물학과) ;
- 박남일 (한국 잔디연구소) ;
- 최성환 ((주)KCP 농업기술연구소) ;
- 박기웅 (충남대학교 농업생명과학대학 식물자원학부) ;
- 김진우 (경상대학교 농업생명과학대학 응용생물학과) ;
- 곽연식 (경상대학교 농업생명과학대학 응용생물학과) ;
- 이증주 (경상대학교 농업생명과학대학 응용생물학과)
- Received : 2012.08.02
- Accepted : 2012.09.15
- Published : 2012.09.30
The majority of turfgrass composition of golf courses are zoysiagrass, and mingle with cool-season turfgrasses have been increased. As result of mingling the species, invading problem has been raised. In this study, 50 golf courses nationwide were surveyed of grass composition and invading problem with hetero-species of turfgrasses. Among the courses, 47 golf courses have invading problem with more than one species at least. The invading problem has been issued most of golf course in nationwide. Thirty-seven courses composited with zoysiagrass; at 25 courses showed creeping bentgrass invading and at 33 courses were invaded by kentucky bluegrass. Among 47 kentucky bluegrass composition courses, 43 courses had creeping bentgrass invading problem. Invading problem within the grass species (creeping bentgrass in zoysiagrass, kentucky bluegrass in zoysiagrass, creeping bentgrass in kentucky bluegrass); 14, 12, and 21 courses were detected single species, two species, and three species invading problem, respectively.
- Beam, J. B., W. L. Barker, and S. D. Askew. 2006. Selective creeping bentgrass (Arostis stolonifera) control in cool-season turfgrass. Weed Tech. 20: 340-344. https://doi.org/10.1614/WT-04-262R1.1
- Cha, Y. G., K. D. Kim, D. S. Park, and D. H. Kim. 2010. Selection of creeping bentgrass (Agrostis Palustris Huds) cultivar for fairway in golf course. Asian J. Turfgrass Sci. 25(2):147-152.
- Hong, B. S., H. S. Tae, J. C. Jeon, Y. S. Cho, and S. H. Oh. 2009. Green management of using with trinexapac-ethyl. Kor. Turfgrass Sci. 23(2):287-294.
- Jang, T. H., S. Y. Park, J. Y. Kang, and Y. S. Lee. 2010. Spring greenup on cool season turfgrass cultivars and species in spring. Kor. Turfgrass Sci. 24(1):50-55.
- Jang, T. H., and Y. S. Lee. 2010. Evaluation of occurrence of yellow patch caused by Rhizoctonia cerealis of cool season turfgrass cultivars and species. Kor. Turfgrass Sci. 24(1):24-30.
- Kim, H. S., T. S. Kim, S. K. Ham, S. W. Bang, and C. E. Lee. 2009a. The effect of compound fertilizer contained slow release nitrogen on turfgrass growth in kentucky bluegrass and on nitrogen change in root zone. Kor. Turfgrass Sci. 23(1): 101-110.
- Kim, H. S., T. S. Kim, S. K. Ham, S. W. Bang, and C. E. Lee. 2009b. The effect of compound fertilizer contained slow release nitrogen on turfgrass growth in creeping bentgrass and on change in soil nitrogen. Kor. Turfgrass Sci. 23(1):111-122.
- Lee, J. P., T. Y. Yoo, S. J. Moon, S. K. Ham, and D. H. Kim. 2008a. Effect of silicate on creeping bentgrass growth of green at the golf course during summer in Korea. Kor. Turfgrass Sci. 22(2):217-224.
- Lee, S. W., J. P. Lee, and D. H. Kim. 2007. Effect of fertilizer component on turfgrass growth and quality of golf putting greens under traffic stress. Kor. Turfgrass Sci. 21(2):137-146.
- Lee, S. W., J. P. Lee, and D.H. Kim. 2008b. The influence of traffic time and fertilizer type on the quality of golf course putting greens. Kor. Turfgrass Sci. 22(1):65-74.
- Tae, H. S. 2005. Creeping bentgrass (Agrostis palustris Huds.) control in kentucky bluegrass (Poa pratensis L.) fairways. Kor. Turfgrass Sci. 19(2):65-72.
- Tae, H. S., H. S. Lee, K. M. An, and J. B. Kim. 2006. Comparison of growth characteristics of creeping bentgrass (Agrostis palustris Huds.) cultivars in summer. Kor. Turfgrass Sci. 20(2):147-156.
- Woo, J. G., D. I. Lee, and S. H. Lee. 2007. Differences in root growth characteristics of creeping bentgrass and kentucky bluegrass sod. Kor. Turfgrass Sci. 21(1):23-38.
- 심규열, 박남일, 김태선, 이주영, 최준수. 2007. 한지형 잔디 특성화 교육. 한국골프 클럽경영협회.
- Antagonistic Mechanisms and Culture Conditions of Isolated Microbes Applied for Controlling Large Patch Disease in Zoysiagrass vol.33, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7235/hort.2015.15066
- The Occurrence of the Weeds on the Lawn and the Effective Control System vol.2, pp.2, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5660/WTS.2013.2.2.111
- Effects of Several Herbicides on Control of Creeping Bentgrass in the Kentucky Bluegrass and Its Recovery vol.2, pp.4, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5660/WTS.2013.2.4.395
- Occurrence of Weed Species on Turf Sod Production Areas in Jangsung-gun, Jeonnam Province vol.5, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5660/WTS.2016.5.4.247