- Volume 48 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Decolorization of a Dye by Immobilized Lignin Degrading Enzymes Generated from Transformants of Merulius tremellosus Fr.
아교버섯 형질전환체가 생산한 리그닌분해 고정화효소에 의한 염료 탈색
- Min, Dong-Suk (Department of Biochemistry, Kangwon National University) ;
- Ryu, Sun-Hwa (Division of Wood Chemistry and Microbiology, Korea Forest Research Institute) ;
- Kim, Myung-Kil (Division of Wood Chemistry and Microbiology, Korea Forest Research Institute) ;
- Choi, Hyoung-T. (Department of Biochemistry, Kangwon National University)
- Received : 2012.09.03
- Accepted : 2012.09.26
- Published : 2012.09.30
Lignin degrading enzymes from white rot fungi show broad substrate specificities, and therefore they can degrade variety of recalcitrant compounds. We have used three different protocols for the generation of immobilized laccase and manganese peroxidase crude enzymes from the genetically transformed strains of Merulius tremellosus Fr. These immobilized enzymes were used in the decolorization of Remazol Brilliant Blue R (RBBR), and they showed about 75% decolorization rates during the 48 h reactions. Although the decolorization efficiency decreased by 10-15% after a repeated use of the immobilized enzymes, these can be reused in various degrading reactions.
Merulius tremellosus;decolorization;immobilized enzyme;laccase;manganese peroxidase
Supported by : 국립산림과학원
- Baldrian, P. 2006. Fungal laccases-occurrence and properties. FEMS Microbiol. Rev. 30, 215-242. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1574-4976.2005.00010.x
- Cheong, S., Yeo, S., Song, H-G., and Choi, H.T. 2006. Determination of laccase gene expression during degradation of 2,4,6-trinitrotoloene and its catabolic intermediates in Trametes versicolor. Microbiol. Res. 161, 316-320. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.micres.2005.12.001
- Kim, J., Yeo, S., Kim, M.K., and Choi, H.T. 2008. Removal of estrogenic activity from endocrine-disrupting chemicals by purified laccase of Phlebia tremellosa. FEMS Microbiol. Lett. 284, 172-175. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1574-6968.2008.01189.x
- Kum, H., Lee, S., Ryu S., and Choi, H.T. 2010. Dye removal by Phlebia tremellosa and lignin degrading enzyme transformants. Kor. J. Microbiol. 46, 93-95.
- Mogharabi, M., Nassiri-Koopaei, N., Bozorgi-Koushalshahi, M., Naffisi-Varcheh, N., Bagherzadeh, G., and Faramarzi, M.A. 2012. Immobilization of laccase in alginate-gelatin mixed gel and decolorization of synthetic dyes. Bioinorg. Chem. doi:10.1155/2012/823830. https://doi.org/10.1155/2012/823830
- Songulashvili, G., Jimenez-Tobon, G.A., Jaspers, C., and Penninckx, M.J. 2012. Immobilized laccase of Cerrena unicolor for elimination of endocrine disruptor micropollutants. Fungal Biol. 116, 883-889. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.funbio.2012.05.005
- Stanescu, M.D., Fogorasi, M., Shaskolskiy, B.L., Gavrilas, S., and Lozinsky, V.I. 2010. New potential biocatalysts by laccase immobilization in PVA cryogel type carrier. Appl. Biochem. Biotechnol. 160, 1947-1954. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12010-009-8755-0
- Yeo, S., Kim. M.K., and Choi, H.T. 2008. Increased expression of laccase by the addition of phthalates in Phlebia tremellosa. FEMS Microbiol. Lett. 278, 72-77. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1574-6968.2007.00971.x