- Volume 4 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Study on the pressure self-adaptive water-tight junction box in underwater vehicle
- Huang, Haocai (Institute of Underwater Technology and Ship Engineering, Zhejiang University) ;
- Ye, Yanying (Institute of Underwater Technology and Ship Engineering, Zhejiang University) ;
- Leng, Jianxing (Institute of Underwater Technology and Ship Engineering, Zhejiang University) ;
- Yuan, Zhuoli (Institute of Underwater Technology and Ship Engineering, Zhejiang University) ;
- Chen, Ying (Institute of Underwater Technology and Ship Engineering, Zhejiang University)
- Published : 2012.09.30
Underwater vehicles play a very important role in underwater engineering. Water-tight junction box (WJB) is one of the key components in underwater vehicle. This paper puts forward a pressure self-adaptive water-tight junction box (PSAWJB) which improves the reliability of the WJB significantly by solving the sealing and pressure problems in conventional WJB design. By redundancy design method, the pressure self-adaptive equalizer (PSAE) is designed in such a way that it consists of a piston pressure-adaptive compensator (PPAC) and a titanium film pressure-adaptive compensator (TFPAC). According to hydro-mechanical simulations, the operating volume of the PSAE is more than or equal to 11.6 % of the volume of WJB liquid system. Furthermore, the required operating volume of the PSAE also increases as the gas content of oil, hydrostatic pressure or temperature difference increases. The reliability of the PSAWJB is proved by hyperbaric chamber tests.
- Bagheri, A., Karimi, T. and Amanifard, N., 2010. Tracking performance control of a cable communicated underwater vehicle using adaptive neural network controllers. Applied Soft Computing, 10(3), pp.908-918. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.asoc.2009.10.008
- Bessa, W.M., Dutra, M.S. and Kreuzer, E., 2010. An adaptive fuzzy sliding mode controller for remotely operated underwater vehicles. Robotics and Autonomous Systems, 58(1), pp.16-26. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.robot.2009.09.001
- Cao, X.P., Zhang, C.H., Deng, B., XieQ. and Rong, Y.L., 2011. Research on pressure-compensated dynamic property of deep-sea oil reservoir systems. Ocean Technology, 30(1), pp.83-87.
- Chen, Y., Yang, C.J., Gu, L.Y. and Ye, Y., 2003. DSV-specific tool-box for the deep-sea resources exploitation. Chinese Journal of Mechanical Engineering, 39(11), pp.38-42. https://doi.org/10.3901/JME.2003.11.038
- Chyba, M., Haberkorn, T., Smith, R.N. and Choi, S.K., 2008. Design and implementation of time efficient trajectories for autonomous underwater vehicles. Ocean Engineering, 35(1), pp.63-76. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.oceaneng.2007.07.007
- Fang, M.C., Hou, C.S. and Luo, J.H., 2007. On the motions of the underwater remotely operated vehicle with the umbilical cable effect. Ocean Engineering, 34, pp.1275-1289. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.oceaneng.2006.04.014
- He, J., Meng, Q.X. and Zhao, J., 2007. The design of hydraulic pressure system for underwater interfacing manipulator. Hydraulics Pneumatics & Seals, 1, pp.22-24.
- Huang, H.C., Yang, C.J., Yang, Q.H., Zhou, L.J., Wang, H. and Niu, W.D., 2010. Study of gas-tight deep-sea water sampling system based on pressure self-adaptive equalization. Journal of Mechanical Engineering, 46(12), pp.148-154. https://doi.org/10.3901/JME.2010.12.148
- Izadparast, A.H. and Niedzwecki, J.M., 2011. Estimating the potential of ocean wave power resources. Ocean Engineering, 38(1), pp.177-185. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.oceaneng.2010.10.010
- Jiang, X.S., Feng, X.S. and Wang, D.T., 2000. Unmanned underwater vehicles. Shenyang: Liaoning Science and Technology Publishing House.
- Li, Y., Pang, Y.J., Chen, Y., Wan, L. and Zou, J., 2009. A hull-inspect ROV control system architecture. China Ocean Engineering, 23(4), pp.751-761.
- Meng, Q.X., Wang, Z., Wei, H.X. and Zhang, L.X., 2000. Development of pressure compensator for deep water hydraulic power station. Ship Engineering, 2, pp.60-61.
- Munson, B.R., Young, D.F., Theofore, H.O. and Wade, W. H., 2009. Fundamentals of fluid mechanics. 6th ed. USA: John Wiley & Sons.
- Nihous, G.C., 2007. An estimate of Atlantic Ocean thermal energy conversion (OTEC) resources. Ocean Engineering, 34 (17-18), pp.2210-2221. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.oceaneng.2007.06.004
- Wang, S.J., Yuan, P., Li, D. and Jiao, Y.H., 2011. An over view of ocean renewable energy in China. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 15(1), pp.91-111. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rser.2010.09.040
- Zhang, Y., Luo, G.Sh., Wang, F. and Gu, L.Y., 2007. Deep-sea pressure adaptive compensation technique for underwater robots. Mechanical & Electrical Engineering Magazine, 24(4), pp.10-13.