- Volume 16 Issue 9
The first frame is encoded in intra mode which generates a larger number of bits. In addition, the first frame is used for the inter mode encoding of the following frames. Thus the initial QP for the first frame affects the first frame as well as the following frames. Traditionally, the initial QP is determined among four constant values only depending on the bpp. In the case of low bit rate video coding, the initial QP value is fixed to 40 regardless of the output bandwidth. Although this initialization scheme is simple, yet it is not accurate enough. An accurate initial QP prediction scheme should not only depends on bpp but also on the complexity of the video sequence and the output bandwidth. In the proposed scheme, we determine the initial QP according to the ratio of the first frame to the total bits allocated to a GOP. To estimate the QP of the allocated bits, Rate-QP model is used. It is shown by experimental results that the new algorithm can predict the optimal initial QP more accurately and generate the PSNR performance better than that of the existing JVT algorithm.
- Z. Chen and K.N. Ngan, "Recent advances in rate control for video coding," Signal Process.: Image Commun., vol 22, pp. 19-38, Jan. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.image.2006.11.002
- 윤홍준, 서영호, 최현준, 김동욱, "H.264/A VC의 고속 인트라 예측 방법," 한국해양정보통신학회논문지, vol. 10, no. 7, pp. 1172-1179, 2006년 7월.
- T. Wiegand, H. Schwarz, A. Joch, F. Kossentini, and G. J. Sullivan, "Rate-constrained coder control and comparison of video coding standards,"IEEE Trans. Circuits Syst. Video Technol., vol. 7, pp. 688-703, Jul. 2003.
- T. Wiegand, G. J. Sullivan, G. Bjontegaard, and A. Luthra, "Overview of the H.264/AVC video coding standard," IEEE Trans. Circuits Syst. Video Technol., vol. 7, no. 7, pp. 1-19, Jul. 2003.
- C. Lee, Y. Jung, S. Lee, Y. Oh, and J. Kim, "Real-Time Frame-Layer H.264 Rate Control for Scene-Transition Video at Low Bit Rate," IEEE Trans. Consumer Elect., vol. 53, no. 3, pp. 1084-1092, Aug. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCE.2007.4341589
- H. Wang and S. Kwong, "Rate-Distortion Optimization of Rate Control for H.264 With Adaptive Initial Quantization Parameter Determination," IEEE Trans. Circuits Syst. Video Technol., vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 140-144, Jan. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCSVT.2007.913757
- 박상현, "적응적 베이직 유닛 레벨 H.264 비트율 제어,"" 한국해양정보통신학회논문지, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 355-361, 2009년 2월.
- K. Lim, G. Sullivan, and T. Wiegand, "Text Description of Joint Model Reference Encoding Methods and Decoding Concealment Methods," JVT-W057, San Jose, CA, Apr. 2007.