- Volume 57 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Discrimination of Korean Domestic and Foreign Soybeans using Near Infrared Reflectance Spectroscopy
근적외선분광광도계(NIRS)를 이용한 국내산 콩과 수입콩의 판별분석
- Received : 2012.07.30
- Accepted : 2012.09.06
- Published : 2012.09.30
Discrimination of geographic origin of agricultural products is a important issue in Korea because the price difference between Korean domestic and imported cereals is a key among some reasons. NIRS (Near Infrared Reflectance Spectroscopy) has been applied to classify the geographical origin of soybeans. Total 135 samples (Korean domestic 92 and foreign 43) were used to obtain calibration equation through 400~2,500 nm wavelength. The math treatment with 1st derivative and 4 nm gap and the modified partial least squares(MPLS)regression was outstanding for calibration equation. The standard error of calibration and determination coefficient in calibration set(n=115) was 6.65 and 0.98, respectively. And it showed that the extra 20 samples for validation equation were identified their authentication correctly. This study describes that the application of NIRS would be possible for discrimination of geographical origin between Korean domestic and imported soybeans.
soybean;NIRS;geographical origin;math treatment;MPLS regression
- Blanco, M. and I. Villarroya. 2002. NIR spectroscopy : a rapid -response analytical tool. Trends in analytical Chem. 21(4) : 240-250. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0165-9936(02)00404-1
- Bertan, E., M. Blanco, J. Coello, H. Iturriaga, S. Maspoch, and I. MontoliuI. 2000. Near infrared spectrometry and pattern recognition as screening methods for the authentication of virgin olive oils of very close geographical origins. J. Near infrared spectrosc. 8 : 45-52. https://doi.org/10.1255/jnirs.263
- Cha, K.W., K. R. Ze, M. O. Youn, S. J. Lee, H. C. Choi, and H. J. Kim. 2002. Determination of phenobarbital in intact phenobabital tablets using NIRS. Analytical Sci. & Technol. 15(2) : 102-107.
- Chun, J. U. and K. C. Cho. 2007. Discrimination of Korean and japanese green tea products using NIR Spectroscopy. J. Kor. Tea Soc. 13(1) : 93-104.
- Downey, G. 1996. Authentication of coffee bean variety by near infrared reflectance spectroscopy of dried extract. J. Sci. Food Agric. 71 : 41-49. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1097-0010(199605)71:1<41::AID-JSFA546>3.0.CO;2-I
- Howard, M. 1992. Qualitative discriminant analysis. In Handbook of near infrared analysis. p. 329-363. Marcel Dekker, Inc. NY.
- Kim, E. Y., J. H. Kim, N. Y. Lee, S. J. Kim, and M. R. Rhyu. 2003. Discrimination of geographical origin for astragalus root (Astragalus membranaceus) by capillary electrophoresis and near infrared spectroscopy. Korean J. Food Sci. Technol. 35(5) : 818-824
- Kim, J. S., Y. H. Cho, J. G. Gwag, K. H. Ma, Y. M. Choi, J. B. Kim, J. H. Lee, T. S. Kim, J. K. Cho, and S. Y. Lee. 2008. Quantitative analysis of amlyhoi and protein content of rice germplasm in RDA-Genenbank by near infrared reflectance spectroscopy. J. Korean. Crop. Sci. 53(2) : 217-223.
- Kim, S. S., M. R. Rhyu, J. M. Kim, and S. H. Lee. 2003. Authentication of rice using Near-Infrared Reflectance Spectroscopy. Cereal Chem. 80(3) : 346-349. https://doi.org/10.1094/CCHEM.2003.80.3.346
- Kim, Y. S., C. Scotter, M. Voyiagis, and M. Hall. 1997. Potential of NIR spectroscopy for discrimination the geographical origin of green tea from Korean and Japan. Foods and Biotechnol. 6(2) : 74-78.
- Kim, Y. H., C. S. Kang, and Y. S. Lee. 2004. Quantification of tocophenol and tocotrienol content in rice bran by near infrared reflectance spectroscopy. Korean J. Crop Sci. 49 : 21 1-215.
- Kwon, H. S., S. J. Lee, S. J. Kim, S. S. Chung, and J. H. Kim. 1999. Discrimination of geographical origin and seed content in red pepper powder by near infrared reflectance spectroscopic analysis. J. Korean Oil Chemists. Soc. 16(2) : 155-161.
- Kwon, Y. K. and R. K. Cho. 1998. Identification of geographical origin of sesame seeds by near infrared spectroscopy. Agric. Chem. Biotechnol. 41 : 240-246.
- Lee, N. Y., H. R. Bea, and B. S. Noh. 2003. Discrimination of Geographical Origin of Mushroom (Tricholoma matsutake) using near infrared spectroscopy. Korean J. Food Sci. Technol. 35(2) : 835-837.
- Li X, Y. He, and H. Fang. 2007. Nondestructive discrimination of Chineses bayberry varieties using Vis/NIR spectroscopy. J. Food Engineering. 81 : 357-363. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jfoodeng.2006.10.033
- Son, J. Y., K. J. Lee, S. W. Kang, and W. K. Choi. 2008. Quality evaluation of sugar content for grapes using NIR Spectroscopy. Food Engineering Progress. 12(4) : 263-268.
- Woo, Y. A., H. J. Kim, J. H. Cho, H. Chung. 1998. Discrimination of herbal medicines according to geographical original with near infrared reflectance spectroscopy and pattern recognition techniques. J. Pharm. Biomed. Anal. 21 : 407-413.
- Determination of Baicalin and Baicalein Contents in Scutellaria baicalensis by NIRS vol.27, pp.4, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7732/kjpr.2014.27.4.286
- Identification of the geographical origin of cheonggukjang by using fourier transform near-infrared spectroscopy and energy dispersive X-ray fluorescence spectrometry vol.48, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.9721/KJFST.2016.48.5.418
- Development of On-line Sorting System for Detection of Infected Seed Potatoes Using Visible Near-Infrared Transmittance Spectral Technique vol.35, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7779/JKSNT.2015.35.1.1
- Discrimination of Pasture Spices for Italian Ryegrass, Perennial Ryegrass and Tall Fescue Using Near Infrared Spectroscopy vol.35, pp.2, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5333/KGFS.2015.35.2.125
- Quantitative Analysis of Carbohydrate, Protein, and Oil Contents of Korean Foods Using Near-Infrared Reflectance Spectroscopy vol.43, pp.3, 2014, https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2014.43.3.425
- Determination of Fatty Acid Composition in Peanut Seed by Near Infrared Reflectance Spectroscopy vol.61, pp.1, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7740/kjcs.2016.61.1.064
- Study of Coidentity Verification of Pesticide Products and Active Ingredients through FT-NIR and FT-IR vol.22, pp.4, 2018, https://doi.org/10.7585/kjps.2018.22.4.337