- Volume 25 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Design and Fabrication of LED Navigation Lights
LED 항해등의 설계 및 제작
- Kim, Il-Kwon (Electric and Electronic Research Division, Korea Marine Equipment Research Institute) ;
- Kim, Dong-Geon (Division of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Korea Maritime University) ;
- Kil, Gyung-Suk (Division of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Korea Maritime University) ;
- Cho, Heung-Gi (Defense Agency for Technology and Quality Busan Center) ;
- Cho, Kyu-Lyong (Defense Agency for Technology and Quality Busan Center)
- 김일권 (한국조선해양기자재연구원 전기전자연구본부) ;
- 김동건 (한국해양대학교 전기전자공학부) ;
- 길경석 (한국해양대학교 전기전자공학부) ;
- 조흥기 (국방기술품질원 부산센터) ;
- 조규룡 (국방기술품질원 부산센터)
- Received : 2012.07.31
- Accepted : 2012.08.13
- Published : 2012.09.01
In this paper, we designed and fabricated LED navigation lights which can replace the existing ones immediately and overcome disadvantages due to use of conventional lamps. To decide the best arrangement and position of a LED module, optical systems of existing navigation lights were analyzed and refracted routes of rays were simulated. The electrical and optical characteristics of the fabricated LED navigation lights were measured and analyzed with a goniophotometer. To calculate ranges of visibility, the vertical and horizontal luminous intensity distributions were evaluated in accordance with the COLREGs (convention on the international regulation for preventing collisions at Sea). From the results, the proposed LED navigation lights showed suitable characteristics for marine environment with the power consumption reduced by 90% and the maximum luminous intensity increased by 20% compared to the existing navigation lights.
Supported by : 정보통신산업진흥원
- F. T. S. Yu and I. C. Khoo, Principles of Optical Engineering (John Wiley & Sons, New York, 1990)
- H. S. Cho and M. S. Manufacture and Illumination simulation of Fresnel Lenses for Marine Signal Lanterns, p. 7-14, Hannam University, Daejeon (2005).
- H. J. Pyo, M. S. Lens Design of the Marine Lantern Using Light-Emitting Diodes Array, p. 27-36, Pukyong National University, Busan (2009).
- K. H. Shin, M. S. The Design of Secondary Optics for Power LEDs SpotLight, p. 4-11, Chonnam National University, Gwangju (2005).
- X. Luo, W. Xiong, T. Cheng, and S. Liu, Electronic Components and Technology Conference, ECTC 2009. 59th, (ECTC, 2009) p. 854-859.
- J. H. Yu, W. Oepts, and H. Konijn, Semiconductor Thermal Measurement and Management Symposium Twenty-Fourth Annual IEEE, (IEEE, 2008) p. 63-67.
- Y. W. Kim, S. M. Park, M. S. Kim, J. P. Kim, J. B. Kim, S. B. Song, and Y. S. Lim, Electronic Components and Technology Conference, 59th, (ECTC, 2009) p. 1953-1960.
- S. B. Song, Ph. D. Development of LED Bulb for Down Light Considering Thermal Property and Operating Circuits, p. 30-48, Chonnam National University, Gwangju (2006).