- Volume 25 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Heat Radiation of LED Luminaires and the Indoor Temperature Increase
LED 등기구의 발열과 실내온도 상승에 관한 연구
- Kim, Dong-Geon (Division of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Korea Maritime University) ;
- Kil, Gyung-Suk (Division of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Korea Maritime University)
- Received : 2012.07.31
- Accepted : 2012.08.13
- Published : 2012.09.01
This paper conducted a study on how the heat radiation of light emitting diode(LED) luminaires affects the indoor temperature increase. The effect was compared with that of a 20 W compact fluorescent lamp(CFL) and a 50 W MR16 halogen lamp which are most widely used inside of cruises, a LED downlight and a 4W MR16 LED replacing each of them. We installed a luminarie inside a thermally shielded chamber, measuring the temperature changes under the same volume every 5 minutes and compared the result with theoretically calculated heat radiation. The temperature changes in the chamber was measured four times, on seven hours' period in order to keep sufficient time once the temperature reaches the thermal equilibrium state. The results showed that the temperature of the 20 W E26 CFL and the 10 W LED downlight increased by
Supported by : 정보통신산업진흥원
- DOE, Vision 2020: A Lighting Technology Roadmap, http://www.eren.doe.gov/builidngs/vision2020 (2001).
- M. H. Crawford, IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Quantum Electronics, 15, 1028 (2009). https://doi.org/10.1109/JSTQE.2009.2013476
- W. H. Chi, T. L. Chou, C. N. Han, S. Y. Yang, and K. N. Chiang, IEEE Transactions on Components and Packaging Technologies, 33, 713 (2010). https://doi.org/10.1109/TCAPT.2010.2073469
- I. T. Shin, J. K. Yang, D. J. Lee, and D. H. Park, J. KIEEME, 23, 471 (2010).
- G. S. Kil, I. K. Kim, H. E. Cho, H. S. Kwon, and H. G. Cho, J. KOSME, 35, 654 (2011).
- Y. K. Hwang, Jounal of the Electrical World Monthly, 405, 41 (2010).
- S. J. Kim, D. G. Kim, I. K. Kim, and G. S. Kil, Proc. the Kieeme Annual Summer Conf., (eds. D. H. Park) (KIEEME, Gangneung, Korea, 2012) p. 276.
- D. G. Kim, C. H. Jin, J. Y. Lee, H. E. Jo, and G. S. Kil, Proc. the Kieeme Annual Summer Conf., (eds. D. H. Park) (KIEEME, Gangneung, Korea, 2012) p. 277.
- K. H. Koo, H. K. Lee, J. W. Choi, and J. K. Lee, J. SNAK, 48, 62 (2011). https://doi.org/10.3744/SNAK.2011.48.1.62
- L. E. Sulfstede, IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, 29, 300 (1993). https://doi.org/10.1109/28.216536
- M. S. Kim, H. S. Kim, J. AIK, 13, 263 (1997).