- Volume 24 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Effects of Smoking Cessation Education for Patients with Percutaneous Coronary Intervention
경피적 관상동맥 중재술을 받은 환자의 금연교육이 흡연에 미치는 효과
- Jun, Won-Hee (Department of Nursing, Andong Science College) ;
- Yun, Hyun-Suk (Catholic University Uijeongbu St. Mary Hospital)
- Received : 2011.12.01
- Accepted : 2012.06.17
- Published : 2012.06.30
Purpose: The purpose of this study was to investigate the effects of a smoking cessation education for patients with percutaneous coronary intervention. Methods: The study was a quasi-experimental study with a non-equivalent control group non-synchronized design. The Sixty subjects were assigned to either the treatment group. The treatment intervention was a onetime program during hospitalization. Data were collected during several time periods: before treatment, immediately after treatment, two weeks later, and one month after the treatment. Data were analyzed with the SPSS 14.0 program with an independent t-test,
- Bae, D. H. (2002). The effect of smoking cessation program affecting the smoking knowledge, attitude, and smoking quantity: Focusing on male students in the academic high schools. Unpublished master's thesis, Kangwon National University, Chuncheon.
- Chaung, S. K., & Kim, C. G. (2005). Effects of smoking cessation program for male university students: Perceived nicotine dependency and self-efficacy. Korean Journal of Adult Nursing, 17 (2), 219-229.
- Fiore, M. C. (2000). Treating tobacco use and dependence: An introduction to the US public health service clinical practice guideline. Respiratory Care, 45 (10), 1196-1199.
- Halon, D. A., Rennert, H. S., Flugelman, M. Y., Jaffe, R., & Lewis, B. S. (2002). Burden of late repeat hospitalization in patients undergoing angioplasty or bypass surgery. Cardiology, 98 (1), 67-74. https://doi.org/10.1159/000064681
- Jang, M. J. (2003). Analysis of stop tobacco educational effects on patients with coronary artery disease. Unpublished master's thesis, Sungkyunkwan University, Seoul.
- Jee, Y. J., Lee, H. J., & Lim, Y. J. (2011). Effects of a smoking cessation program using self-regulated learning strategy for middle school boys. Journal of Korean Academy Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing, 20 (1), 1-12. https://doi.org/10.12934/jkpmhn.2011.20.1.1
- Kim, M. H. (2011). Analysis of the factors influencing success in smoking cessation among coronary heart disease patients: A focus on the transtheoretical model. Unpublished master's thesis, Sahmyook University, Seoul.
- Kim, S. O. (2007). A study on smoking knowledge, smoking attitude, and smoking cessation intention of psychiatric patients. Journal of Korean Academy Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing, 16 (1), 51-58.
- Kim, Y. J. (2008). Knowledge, attitude, and amount of smoking for high school students' applying smoking cessation program. Unpublished master's thesis, Hanyang University, Seoul.
- Lee, J. M. (2000). The effects of a group smoking cessation program on smoking behavior for female students in high school. Unpublished master's thesis, Kyungpook National University, Daegu.
- Lee, K. J., & Lee, M. H. (2008). The effects of smoking cessation through a smoking cessation counseling program on expiratory CO concentration, BMI, blood pressure, liver function and lipid metabolism in smoking cessation successes. Journal of Korean Academy of Community Health Nursing, 19 (2), 234-246.
- Lim, E. S. (2010). Effects of '5&6 smoking cessation program' and 5-day smoking cessation program on adolescents' smoking Behavior. Korean Journal of Health Education and Promotion, 27 (2), 95-108.
- Moolchan, E. T., Ernst, M., & Henningfield, J. E. (2000). A review of tobacco smoking in adolescents: Treatment implications. Journal of American Academy Child Adolescent Psychiatry, 39, 682-683. https://doi.org/10.1097/00004583-200006000-00006
- Odell, A., Grip, L., & Hallberg, L. R. (2006). Restenosis after percutaneous coronary intervention(PCI): Experiences from the patients' perspective. European Journal of Cardiovascular Nursing, 5 (2), 150-157. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejcnurse.2005.10.004
- Paek, K. S., & Kwon, Y. S. (2010). The effects of a smoking cessations health camp among adolescent smokers. Journal of East-West Nursing Research, 16 (2), 105-112.
- Ryu, S. Y., Shin, J. H., Kang, M. G., & Park, J. (2011). Factors associated with intention to quit smoking among male smokers in 13 communities in Honam region of Korea: 2010 community health survey. Korean Journal of Health Education and Promotion, 28 (2), 75-85.
- Seo, N. S., Kim, Y. H., & Kang, H. Y. (2007). The effects of a group smoking cessation program among adult smokers in a rural community. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 37 (7), 1139-1148. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2007.37.7.1139
- Seol, S. Y., Lee, S. J., Jeong, M. H., Rhee, J. A., Choi, J. S., Hwang, S. H., et al. (2011). Clinical outcomes of persistent smoking in patients with acute myocardial infarction who underwent percutaneous coronary intervention. The Korean Journal of Medicine, 80 (5), 562-570.
- Shin, S. R., & Kim, S. K. (2007). The effect of school based smoking cessation program for college students. The Korean Journal of Health Psychology, 12 (4), 869-885. https://doi.org/10.17315/kjhp.2007.12.4.012
- Sigwart, U., Stables, R. H., Booth, J., & Ebel, R. (2002). Coronary artery bypass surgery versus percutaneous coronary intervention with stent implantation in patients with multivessel coronary artery disease(the stent or surgery trial): A randomized controlled trial. The Lancet, 360 (9338), 965-970. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(02)11078-6
- Statistics Korea. (2009). 2008 report on the cause of death statistics. Retrieved September 20, 2009, from http://www. kostat.go.kr/nso_main/nsoMainAction.do?method=search& catgrp=nso2009&catid1=k090000&catid2=k09i0000&forward =search.
- Suh, K. H., & Lee, S. M. (2004). Psychological factors associated with short-term and long-term abstention following a smoking cessation program. Journal of the Korean Society of Health Education and Promotion, 21 (1), 137-151.
- Suh, K. H., Kim, K. H., & Jun, I. D. (2008). The effect of cognitive behavioral therapy and nicotine replacement therapy centered smoking intervention and abstention factors. The Korean Journal of Health Psychology, 13 (3), 705-726. https://doi.org/10.17315/kjhp.2008.13.3.009
- Sung, H. N., Cho, H. J., Kim, J. H., & Park, S. J. (2007). Effect of smoking cessation on mortality after percutaneous coronary intervention. Journal of Korean Academy Family Medicine, 9, 698-704.
- Taira, D. A., Seto, T. B., Ho, K. K., Krumholz, H. M., Cutlip, D. E., Berezin, R., et al. (2000). Impact of smoking on health- related quality of life after percutaneous coronary revascularization. Circulation, 102 (12), 1369-1374. https://doi.org/10.1161/01.CIR.102.12.1369
- Tonstad, S., & Andrew Johnston, J. (2006). Cardiovascular risks associated with smoking: A review for clinicians. European Journal of Cardiovascular Prevention and Rehabilitation, 13 (4), 507-514. https://doi.org/10.1097/01.hjr.0000214609.06738.62
- Warner, D. O. (2005). Helping surgical patients quit smoking: Why, when, and how. Anesthesia & Analgesia, 101 (2), 481-487. https://doi.org/10.1213/01.ANE.0000159152.31129.84
- The effects of a smoking cessation programme on health-promoting lifestyles and smoking cessation in smokers who had undergone percutaneous coronary intervention vol.21, pp.2, 2013, https://doi.org/10.1111/ijn.12230
- Continuous Abstinence Rates from Smoking Over 12 Months according to the Frequency of Participation in a Hospital-based Smoking Cessation Program among Patients Discharged after Acute Myocardial Infarction vol.16, pp.1, 2016, https://doi.org/10.15384/kjhp.2016.16.1.48