- Volume 13 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Quantitative Assessment of the Effects of MMP-2 Polymorphisms on Lung Carcinoma Risk
- Guo, Xiao-Tong (Department of Thoracic Surgery, the 2nd Affiliated Hospital of Harbin Medical University) ;
- Wang, Jun-Feng (Department of Thoracic Surgery, the 3rd Affiliated Hospital of Harbin Medical University) ;
- Zhang, Lin-You (Department of Thoracic Surgery, the 2nd Affiliated Hospital of Harbin Medical University) ;
- Xu, Guang-Quan (Department of Thoracic Surgery, the 2nd Affiliated Hospital of Harbin Medical University)
- Published : 2012.06.30
Background: Previous studies assessing associations between matrix metalloproteinase 2 (MMP-2) polymorphisms and lung cancer risk reported conflicting results. A meta-analysis was therefore performed to derive a more precise estimation. Method: Case-control studies assessing associations between MMP-2 C735T and C1306T polymorphisms and lung cancer risk were included. Pooled odds ratios (ORs) with 95% confidence intervals (CIs) were estimated. Results: 7 studies with a total of 3,189 lung cancer cases and 3,013 controls were finally included into this meta-analysis. Overall, the MMP-2 C735T polymorphism was associated with lung cancer risk under the homozygote model (CC versus TT: OR =1.44, 95% CI = 1.03-2.02,
- Aysegul B, Veysi GH, Muzaffer M, et al (2011). Is a single nucleotide polymorphism a risk factor for lung cancer in the matrix metalloproteinase-2 promoter? Mol Biol Rep, 38, 1469-74. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11033-010-0253-5
- Bauvois B (2012). New facets of matrix metalloproteinases MMP-2 and MMP-9 as cell surface transducers: outside-in signaling and relationship to tumor progression. Biochim Biophys Acta, 1825, 29-36.
- Brennan P, Hainaut P, Boffetta P (2011). Genetics of lung-cancer susceptibility. Lancet Oncol, 12, 399-408. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1470-2045(10)70126-1
- Cao XL, Xu RJ, Zheng YY, et al (2011). Expression of type IV collagen, metalloproteinase-2, metalloproteinase-9 and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 in laryngeal squamous cell carcinomas. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 12, 3245-9.
- Chetty C, Rao JS, Lakka SS (2011). Matrix metalloproteinase pharmacogenomics in non-small-cell lung carcinoma. Pharmacogenomics, 12, 535-46. https://doi.org/10.2217/pgs.10.207
- Decock J, Paridaens R, Ye S (2008). Genetic polymorphisms of matrix metalloproteinases in lung, breast and colorectal cancer. Clin Genet, 73, 197-211.
- DerSimonian R, Laird N (1986). Meta-analysis in clinical trials. Control Clin Trials, 7, 177-88. https://doi.org/10.1016/0197-2456(86)90046-2
- Egeblad M, Werb Z (2002). New functions for the matrix metalloproteinases in cancer progression. Nat Rev Cancer, 2, 161-74. https://doi.org/10.1038/nrc745
- Gonzalez-Arriaga P, Pascual T, Garcia-Alvarez A, et al (2012). Genetic polymorphisms in MMP 2, 9 and 3 genes modify lung cancer risk and survival. BMC Cancer, 12, 121. https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2407-12-121
- Hahn N, Heiden M, Seitz R, et al (2012). Inducible expression of tissue factor in small-cell lung cancer: impact on morphology and matrix metalloproteinase secretion. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol, 138, 695-703. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00432-011-1139-1
- Herbst RS, Heymach JV, Lippman SM (2008). Lung cancer. N Engl J Med, 359, 1367-80. https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMra0802714
- Higgins JP, Thompson SG, Deeks JJ, et al (2003). Measuring inconsistency in meta-analyses. BMJ, 327, 557-60. https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.327.7414.557
- Im I, Park KR, Kim SM, et al (2012). The butanol fraction of guava (Psidium cattleianum Sabine) leaf extract suppresses MMP-2 and MMP-9 expression and activity through the suppression of the ERK1/2 MAPK signaling pathway. Nutr Cancer, 64, 255-66. https://doi.org/10.1080/01635581.2012.642455
- Ioannidis JP, Patsopoulos NA, Evangelou E (2007). Uncertainty in heterogeneity estimates in meta-analyses. BMJ, 335, 914-6. https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.39343.408449.80
- Jemal A, Bray F, Center MM, et al (2011). Global cancer statistics. CA Cancer J Clin, 61, 69-90. https://doi.org/10.3322/caac.20107
- Jia S (2009) MMP-2 and TIMP-2 polymorphisms and lung cancer risk. In: 5th National Medical immune Symposium.
- Mantel N, Haenszel W (1959). Statistical aspects of the analysis of data from retrospective studies of disease. J Natl Cancer Inst, 22, 719-48.
- Nelson AR, Fingleton B, Rothenberg ML, et al (2000). Matrix metalloproteinases: biologic activity and clinical implications. J Clin Oncol, 18, 1135-49.
- Peters J, Mengersen K (2008). Selective reporting of adjusted estimates in observational epidemiology studies: reasons and implications for meta-analyses. Eval Health Prof, 31, 370-89. https://doi.org/10.1177/0163278708324438
- Price S, Greaves D, Watkins H (2001). Identification of novel, functional genetic variants in the human matrix metalloproteinase-2 gene: role of Sp1 in allele-specific transcriptional regulation. J Biol Chem, 276, 7549. https://doi.org/10.1074/jbc.M010242200
- Rollin J, Regina S, Vourc'h P, et al (2007). Influence of MMP-2 and MMP-9 promoter polymorphisms on gene expression and clinical outcome of non-small cell lung cancer. Lung Cancer, 56, 273-80. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.lungcan.2006.11.021
- Song X, Li L, Zhang L, et al (2007). Association Polymorphisms in the Matrix Metalloproteinases-2(MMP-2) Gene with Non-small Cell Lung Cancer. Sichuan Cancer Prevention Treatment, 20, 257-9.
- Wang Y, Hu C, Dong R, et al (2011). Platelet-derived growth factor-D promotes ovarian cancer invasion by regulating matrix metalloproteinases 2 and 9. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 12, 3367-70.
- Wells G, Shea B, O'connell D, et al (2000) The Newcastle-Ottawa Scale (NOS) for assessing the quality of nonrandomised studies in meta-analyses. In: Proc 3rd Symposium on Systematic Reviews, pp. 3-5, Oxford, UK,.
- Xiao H, Ding J, Gao S, et al (2011). Never smokers with lung cancer: analysis of genetic variants. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 12, 2807-9.
- Yu C, Pan K, Xing D, et al (2002). Correlation between a single nucleotide polymorphism in the matrix metalloproteinase-2 promoter and risk of lung cancer. Cancer Res, 62, 6430-3.
- Zhou Y, Yu C, Miao X, et al (2005). Functional haplotypes in the promoter of matrix metalloproteinase-2 and lung cancer susceptibility. Carcinogenesis, 26, 1117-21. https://doi.org/10.1093/carcin/bgi057
- The MMP-2 -735 C Allele is a Risk Factor for Susceptibility to Breast Cancer vol.15, pp.15, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.15.6199
- Steroidal Saponins from Paris polyphylla Suppress Adhesion, Migration and Invasion of Human Lung Cancer A549 Cells Via Down-Regulating MMP-2 and MMP-9 vol.15, pp.24, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.24.10911
- MMP2 Gene-735 C/T and MMP9 gene -1562 C/T Polymorphisms in JAK2V617F Positive Myeloproliferative Disorders vol.16, pp.2, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2015.16.2.443
- Matrix Metalloproteinase-2 -1306 C>T Gene Polymorphism is Associated with Reduced Risk of Cancer: a Meta-analysis vol.16, pp.3, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2015.16.3.889