- Volume 25 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Analysis of biodiesel quality based on infrared spectroscopy and multivariate statistics
적외선 분광분석과 다변량 통계에 기반한 바이오디젤 품질분석
- Kim, Hye-Sil (Department of Chemical Engineering, Pukyong National University) ;
- Cho, Hyun-Woo (Department of Industrial & Management Engineering, Daegu University) ;
- Liu, J. Jay (Department of Chemical Engineering, Pukyong National University)
- Received : 2012.02.20
- Accepted : 2012.07.09
- Published : 2012.08.25
ASTM (American Society for Testing and Materials) D6751-10 suggests analytical methods as well as specifications for biodiesel quality. However, it is expensive and time-consuming to follow the ASTM testing methods to analyze biodiesel and various impurities. This paper develops a quantitative analysis system for biodiesel and impurities based on Infrared spectroscopy and a multivariate statistical method, PLS (partial least squares). In addition, four different pre-processing techniques were compared for spectrum correction and noise reduction. Savitzky-Golay pre-processing showed the best performance.
biodiesel;multivariate calibration;infrared spectroscopy;spectrum pre-processing;Savitzky-Golay method
Supported by : 부경대학교
- ASTM Standard D6751, 'Standard Specification for Biodiesel Fuel Blend Stock (B100) for Middle Distillate Fuels', ASTM International, West Conshohocken, PA (2011).
- H. B. Sim and J. H. Lee, Mon. Chem. Eng., 3(11), 54-59 (1999).
- H. B. Sim and J. H. Lee, Mon. Chem. Eng., 3(12), 90-93 (1999).
- R. M. Silverstein, G. C. Bassler and T. C. Morrill, 'Spectrometric Identification of Organic Compounds', 4th ed., Wiley, New York (1981).
- H. C. Chung and H. J. Kim, Anal. Sci. Technol., 13(1), 138-151 (2000).
- S. Y. Kim, B. S. Lee, C. B. Chung and S. H. Choi, J. Control Autom. Sys. Eng., 11(6), 551-552 (2005).
- S. Wold, Technometrics, 20, 397-405 (1978). https://doi.org/10.1080/00401706.1978.10489693
- A. Hoskuldsson, J. Chemometr., 2, 211-228 (1988). https://doi.org/10.1002/cem.1180020306
- R. N. Feudale, N. A. Woody, H. Tan, A. J. Myles, S. D. Brown and J. Ferre, Chemo. Intell. Lab. Sys., 64, 181- 192 (2002). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0169-7439(02)00085-0
- B. M. Wise, N. B. Gallagher, R. Bro, J. M. Shaver, W. Windig and R. S. Koch, 'Chemometrics Tutorial for PLS Toolbox and Solo', Eigenvector Research Inc., (2006).
- P. Geladi, D. MacDougall and H. Martens, Appl. Spectrosc., 39, 491-500 (1985). https://doi.org/10.1366/0003702854248656
- R. J. Barnes, M. S. Dhanoa and S. J. Lister, Appl. Spectrosc., 43, 772-777 (1989). https://doi.org/10.1366/0003702894202201
- S. Wold, H. Antti, F. Lindgren and J. Ohman, Chemo. Intell. Lab. Sys., 44(1-2), 175-185 (1998). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0169-7439(98)00109-9