- Volume 17 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Step Counts and Posture Monitoring System using Insole Type Textile Capacitive Pressure Sensor for Smart Gait Analysis
깔창 형태의 전기용량성 섬유압력센서를 이용한 보행 횟수 검출 및 자세 모니터링 시스템
- Received : 2012.07.28
- Accepted : 2012.08.14
- Published : 2012.08.31
We have developed a textile capacitive pressure sensor for smart gait analysis. The proposed system can convert sensor signal into step counts and pressure levels by different posture. To evaluate the performance of insole type textile capacitive sensor, we measured capacitance change by increment of weights from 10 kg to 100 kg with 10 kg increment using M1 class rectangular weights (four 20 kg weights and two 10 kg weights) which have
Gait;Step Count;Posture;Conductive Textile;Textile Capacitive Pressure Sensor
- Seunghwan Kim, "Recent u-Health Technology Trend and Direction", Journal of the Korean Institute of Electronics Engineers, Vol. 37, No. 6, pp.49-59, Jun. 2010.
- Georgia Tech Wearable Motherboard. www.gtwm.gatech.edu
- Kihyeon Kwon, Hyung Bong Lee, "Gate Management System by Face Recognition using Smart Phone", Journal of the Korea society of computer and information, v.16, no.11, pp.9-15, Nov. 2011. https://doi.org/10.9708/jksci.2011.16.11.009
- Young-Hwan Han, "A Study on Monitoring of Bio-Signal for u-Health System", Journal of the Korea society of computer and information, v.16, no.3, pp.10-15, Mar. 2011.
- Yun Kyung Kim, Hyung-Suk Lho, and We-Duke Cho, "Step Count Detection Algorithm and Activity Monitoring System Using a Accelerometer", The Institute of Electronics Engineers of Korea - Computer and Information, 48(2), pp.127-137, Mar. 2011.
- D. W. Kang, G. R. Tack, J. S. Choi, Y. H. Bang, M. S. Kang, "Measurement of Gait Pattern using Inertial Sensors", Proceedings of the Korean Society of Precision Engineering Conference, pp.959-960, Oct. 2010.
- Lee JA, and Lee JW, "Portable activity monitoring system for temporal parameters of gait cycles," J Med Syst. 34(5), pp959-966, Oct. 2010. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10916-009-9311-8
- JOANNE K. GRONLEY, JACQUELIN PERRY, "Gait Analysis Techniques", PHYSICAL THERAPY, Volume 64, Number 12, Dec. 1984.
- Murat Karabulut Æ Scott E. Crouter David R. Bassett Jr., "Comparison of two waist-mounted and two ankle-mounted electronic pedometers", Eur J Appl Physiol, Vol. 95, pp. 335-343, Aug. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00421-005-0018-3
- Yuriko Tsuruoka, Ryosuke Shibasaki, "Walking Analysis using an Acceleration Sensor," Proceedings of the 29th Annual International Conference of the IEEE EMBS, Cite Internationale, Lyon, France, pp. 23-26, Aug. 2007.
- Le Masurier GC, Lee SM, Tudor-Locke C., "Motion Sensor Accuracy under Controlled and Free-Living Conditions," Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise, Vol. 36(5), pp.905-910, May, 2004.
- Jeong-Do Kim, Sung-Dae Park, Jung-Hwan Lee, Jung-Ju Kim, Jin-Ho Ahn, Gi-Soo Chung, and Sang-Goog Lee, "The Health-Care Garment System using Digital Yarn and Pulse and Respiratory Senor using PVDF Film", Journal of Korean Institute of Information Technology, Vol.8(3), pp. 87-95, Mar, 2010.
- Gu-in Jung, "A New Approach for Measuring of Stride Length Using Optical Method, Master Thesis, Graduate School of Kunkuk Univ. Feb. 2010.
- Sung Ha Park, "Development of Pressure Distribution Measurement System and Application in Gait Analysis Evaluation", The Graduate School of Chungnam Univ. Ph.D. Thesis, Feb. 2004
- Kauw-A-Tjoe, R.G. and Thalen, J.P. and Marin-Perianu, M. and Havinga, P.J.M., "SensorShoe: Mobile Gait Analysis for Parkinson's Disease Patients", UbiComp 2007 Workshop Proceedings, pp. 187-191, 16, Sept. 2007.
- Kazunari Okada, Toshimasa Sekino, "Impedances measurement handbook'', Agilent Technologies, Dec. 2003.
- Robert F. Coughlin, Frederick F. Driscoll, "Operational Amplifiers and Linear Integrated Circuits," 6th Edition, Prentice Hall, 2001.
- Hyeon Cheol Kim ,Kukjin Chun, "Improvement of the Linearity of Capacitive Pressure Sensor Using a Novel Electrode Structure", Proceedings of The Institute of Electronics Engineers of KOREA,, vol.3, pp. 473-474, Jan. 1996.