- Volume 22 Issue 3
Quality Characteristics of Sausage with Added Pine Needle Powder
솔잎분말을 첨가한 소시지의 품질특성
- Kwon, Soon-Yong (Dept. of Food Service Management, Kyunghee University) ;
- Shin, Myung-Eun (Dept. of Food Service Management, Kyunghee University) ;
- Lee, Kyung-Hee (Dept. of Food Service Management, Kyunghee University)
- Received : 2012.01.30
- Accepted : 2012.06.27
- Published : 2012.06.30
Quality characteristics of sausage with added pine needle powder (0%, 0.5%, 1.0%, 1.5%, 2.0%, and 2.5%) as an ingredient. The basic ingredients of sausage consisted of pork meat 60%, olive oil 20%, and ice water 20%. Sensory properties of sausage were analyzed by a sensory test, and the texture and color characteristics were measured using a texturometer and color meter, respectively. In the results of the sensory test, taste, texture, and overall preference were highest in the sample with added 1.5% pine needle powder. The sausage with added 1.5% pine needle powder was moderate in color intensity, pine needle flavor, and astringent taste. Hardness and gumminess of sausage were higher in 1.0% and 1.5% pine needle powder. However, springness and chewiness of sausage showed no significant differences. In terms of color intensity of sausage, L-value and a-value were lower and b-value was higher, depending on the pine needle powder amount. Development of off-flavor of sausage during storage was greater in 0% and 1.5% added sausages than in 2.0% sausage with increasing storage time. As a conclusion, sausages with added 1.5% and 2.0% pine needle powder were the most suitable for making functional sausage with added pine needle powder.
- 김응숙 (2003) 소비문화 이데올로기 분석. 커뮤니케이션북스, 서울. pp 64-65.
- 김준권, 홍문국 (2002) 내손으로 만드는 햄․소시지․베이컨. 들녘, 서울. p 117.
- Choi IS, Han KH, Lee CH (2006) The physicochemical and storage characteristics of sausage added mugwort powder. Korean J Food Sci Ani Resour 26: 356-361.
- Chung HK, Choe CS, Lee CJ, Chang MJ, Kang MH (2003) Oxidative stability of the pine needle extracted oils and sensory evaluation of savored laver made by extracted oils. Korean J Food Culture 18: 89-95.
- Jang SM, Lim JS, Cho EJ (2004) The effect of various cereal flours on quality and storage characteristics of sausage. J East Asian Soc Dietary Life 14: 265-274.
- Jeong JR, Kim HH, Park GS (2005) Quality characteristics of noodles prepared with pine needle powder and extract during storage. Korean J Food Cookery Sci 21: 685-692.
- Jeong KS (2008) Functional properties of pine needle extract and its antioxidant effect on soybean oil. Journal of the Environmental Sciences 17: 1139-1146. https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2008.17.10.1139
- Jung HA, Kim SH, Lee MA (2009) Storage quality characteristics of cookies prepared with pine needle powder. Korean J Food Preserv 4: 506-511.
- Kim EL, Kang SC (2007) Quality evaluation by the addition of pine needle and Artemisia princeps extracts in vinegared kochujang. J Korean Soc Appl Biol Chem 50: 167-177.
- Kim HY, Lee MG, Jang KA, Kim KO (1995) Development of definition of parameters and reference scales for texture profiling of frankfurter sausage. Korean J Food Sci Technol 27: 1-5.
- Kim SM, Cho YS, Sung SK, Lee IG, Lee SH, Kim DG (2002) Development of functional sausage using plant extract from pine needle and green tea. Korean J Food Sci Ani Resour 22: 20-29.
- Lee HG, Han JY (2002) Sensory and textural characteristics of solsulgi using varied levels of pine leave powders and different type of sweetners. Korean J Food Cookery Sci 18: 164-172.
- Moon JD, Park GB, Lee HG, Kim YG, Jin SK, Lee JI, Shin TS, Song DJ (1996) Effects of seed oils, water and carrageenin on the sensory properties of low-fat sausages during cold storage. Korean J Food Sci Ani Resour 16: 121-126.
- Nicli A, Miller NE, Lewio B (1990) High density lipoprotein metabolism. Adv Lipid Res 17: 53-57.
- Park GY, Li HX, Cheong HS (2006) The functional effects of fermented pine needle extract. Korean J Biotechnol Bioeng 21: 376-383.
- Rhyu MR, Kim EY, Chung KS (2003) Effect of monascus koji on the quality characteristics of bologna-type sausage Koeean food regulations. Korean J Food Sci Technol 35: 229-234.
- Sung KC (2004) Characteristics and analysis of natural pineneedles extract. J Korean Oil Chem 21: 320-326.
- Woo MJ, Lee KT, Kim CJ (1995) Quality characteristics of emulsion-type sausage manufactured with cottonseed oil. Korean J Food Sci Ani Resour 15: 187-191.
- Yun GY (2009) A study on the function of the pine needle and quality characterixtics of rice cake added with the pine needle powder. Ph D Dissertation Sejong University, Seoul. p 61.