- Volume 15 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
The Efficiency Index Analysis of Railway Freight Car
철도화차의 효율성 지표 분석에 관한 연구
- Received : 2012.02.29
- Accepted : 2012.05.09
- Published : 2012.06.30
KORAIL's logistics business coefficient is improved slightly from 197.4 in 2009 to 190.7 in 2010 but the cost is still high compared to the revenues. In order to derive activities for the efficient logistics and measure their effects quantitatively, the analysis of various indexes that can be extracted from the statistical data is very important. In this study, the various indexes are analyzed to evaluate the efficiency of freight cars based on railway logistics. It can be used to estimate the various activities for the efficient logistics associated with freight cars. We suggest the Indexes as the number of transport, cumulative transport distance and transport income to evaluate the efficiency of freight cars and they should be applied according to the characteristics of each index.
Efficiency index;Container car;Hopper car;Bulk cement car;Gondola
- Korail Logistics Headquarter (2010) Business Status, p. 125.
- B.K. Kim, H.J. Seo (2011) A Study for Evaluation on the Effectiveness of Public Sector-Focused on Credit Guarantee Fund, Spring Conference of the Korean Association for Public Administration, pp. 1-27
- Y.H. Kim, S.G. Kim (2011) An Analysis on the R&D Productivity and Efficiency of Korea: Focused on Comparison with the OECD Countries, Journal of the Korean Society for Technology Management & Economics, 19(1), pp. 1-27.
- S.Y. Han, J.Y. Lee (2011) Impacts Analysis on Energy Efficiency of Road Freight Transport Industry by Various Socioeconomic Factors, Korea Logistics Review, 21(2), pp. 59-84.
- S.H. Kim, T.-S. Choi (2010) Assessing the Efficiency of Freight Railroad Stations Reflecting Freight Item Importance Weights, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 13(3), pp. 245-355.
- Management Planning of Gondola Cars through Efficiency Analysis vol.16, pp.2, 2013, https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2013.16.2.138
- The Effectiveness Analysis on the Joint Use of Bulk Cement Car vol.15, pp.4, 2012, https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2012.15.4.388
- Evaluation of Surface Defects of Wheel and Rail for Korean High-Speed Railway vol.654-656, pp.1662-9752, 2010, https://doi.org/10.4028/www.scientific.net/MSF.654-656.2499