- Volume 15 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A Case Study on The Data Processing and Interpretation of Aeromagnetic Survey Conducted in The Low Latitude Area: Stung Treng, Cambodia
저위도 캄보디아 스퉁트렝 지역의 항공자력탐사 자료처리 및 해석
- Shin, Eun-Ju (Technology Business Team, Korea Resources Corporation) ;
- Ko, Kwang-Beom (Technology Business Team, Korea Resources Corporation) ;
- You, Young-June (Research & Development Team, Korea Resources Corporation) ;
- Jung, Yeon-Ho (Strategic Metals Exploration Team, Korea Resources Corporation)
- 신은주 (한국광물자원공사 기술연구원 기술사업팀) ;
- 고광범 (한국광물자원공사 기술연구원 기술사업팀) ;
- 유영준 (한국광물자원공사 기술연구원 기술개발팀) ;
- 정연호 (한국광물자원공사 탐사사업처 전략금속탐사팀)
- Received : 2012.06.29
- Accepted : 2012.08.17
- Published : 2012.08.31
In this case study, we present the various and consistent processing techniques for the reasonable interpretation of aeromagnetic data. In the processing stage, we especially focused on the three major respects. First, in the low latitude area, severe artifacts are occurred as a result of reduction to the pole technique. To overcome this problem, variable alternative methods were investigated. From the comparison of each technique, we concluded that energy balancing method gives more fruitful result. Second, because of limited a priori information, it is nearly impossible to employ detailed geological survey due to wide and thick spreading of soils in the survey area. So we especially investigated the new techniques such as extracting slope, curvature and aspect information mainly used in GIS field as well as conventional methods. Finally, by using the Euler deconvolution, we extracted the depth information on the magnetic anomalous body. From the synthetic analysis between depth information and previous discussed results, the detailed future survey area was proposed. We think that a series of processing techniques discussed in this study may perform an important role in the domestic and abroad resource development project as a useful guideline.
Supported by : 한국에너지기술평가원(KETEP)
- Kim, W. K., Min, K. D., Kim, J. W., Won, J. S., Park, C. H., and Koo, S. B., 2000, Geologic Structure of the Euiseong Sub-basin by Analytic Aeromagnetic Anomaly Data, Economic and Environmental Geology, 33, 229-237.
- Park, Y. S., 2006, A Review of Magnetic Exploration in Korea, Economic and Environmental Geology, 39, 403-416.
- Baranov, V., 1957, A new method for interpretation of aeromagnetic maps: Pseudo-gravimetric anomalies, Geophysics, 22, 359-383. https://doi.org/10.1190/1.1438369
- Baranov, V., and Naudy, H., 1964, Numerical Calculation of the Formula of Reduction to the Magnetic Pole, Geophysics, 29, 67-69. https://doi.org/10.1190/1.1439334
- Blakely, R. J., and Simpson, R. W., 1986, Approximating edges of source bodies from magnetic or gravity anomalies, Geophysics, 51, 1494-1498. https://doi.org/10.1190/1.1442197
- Finlay, C. C., Maus, S., Beggan, C. D., Bondar, T. N., Chambodut, A., Chernova, T. A., Chulliat, A., Golovkov, V. P., Hamilton, B., Hamoudi, M., Holme, R., Hulot, G., Kuang, W., Langlais, B., Lesur, V., Lowes, F. J., Lühr, H., Macmillan, S., Mandea, M., McLean, S., Manoj, C., Menvielle, M., Michaelis, I., Olsen, N., Rauberg, J., Rother, M., Sabaka, T. J., Tangborn, A., Toffner-Clausen, L., Thebault, E., Thomson, A. W. P., Wardinski, I., Wei, Z., and Zvereva, T. I., 2010, International Geomagnetic Reference Field: the eleventh generation, Gophysical Journal International, 183, 1216-1230. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-246X.2010.04804.x
- Grant, F. S., and Dodds, J., 1972, MAGMAP FFT processing system development notes, Paterson Grant and Watson Limited.
- Hansen, R. O., and Pawlowski, R. S., 1989, Reduction to the pole at low latitudes by Wiener filtering, Geophysics, 54, 1607-1613. https://doi.org/10.1190/1.1442628
- Keating, P., and Zerbo, L., 1996, An improved technique for reduction to the pole at low latitudes, Geophysics, 61, 131- 137. https://doi.org/10.1190/1.1443933
- Leu, L. K., 1981, Use of reduction-to-the-equator process for magnetic data interpretation, 51st Ann. Internat. Mtg., Soc. Exp. Geophys. Los Angeles, Expanded Abstract, Geophysics, 47, 445.
- Macleod, I. N., Vieira, S., and Chaves, A. C., 1993, Analytic signal and reduction-to-the-pole in the interpretation of total magnetic field data at low magnetic latitudes, third international congress of the Brazilian society of geophysics, 830-835.
- Nabighian, N. M., Grauch, V. J. S., Hansen, R. O., LaFehr, T. R., Li, Y., Peirce, J. W., Phillips, J. D., and Ruder, M. E., 2005, The historical development of the magnetic method in exploration, Geophysics, 70, 33ND-61ND. https://doi.org/10.1190/1.2133784
- Thompson, D. T., 1982, EULDPH-A new technique for making computer-assisted depth estimates from magnetic data, Geophysics, 47, 31-37. https://doi.org/10.1190/1.1441278
- Zevenbergen, L. W., and Thorne, C. R., 1987, Quantitative analysis of land surface topography, Earth Surface Processes and Landforms, 12, 47-56. https://doi.org/10.1002/esp.3290120107
- Thorne, C. R., Zevenbergen, L. W., Burt, T. P., and Butcher, D. P., 1987, Terrain analysis for quantitative description of zeroorder basins, Erosion and Sedimentation in the Pacific Rim, IAHS Publication, 165, 121-130.
- Interpretation of Airborne Magnetic and Radioactive Data for the Uranium Deposit in Geumsan Area vol.16, pp.1, 2013, https://doi.org/10.7582/GGE.2013.16.1.36
- A 3D Magnetic Inversion Software Based on Algebraic Reconstruction Technique and Assemblage of the 2D Forward Modeling and Inversion vol.16, pp.1, 2013, https://doi.org/10.7582/GGE.2013.16.1.27