- Volume 26 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Sexual Consciousness and Attitude of Male University Students
남자대학생의 성의식과 성태도
- Kim, Sang-Hee (Department of Nursing, Kosin University) ;
- Yoon, Woo-Chul (Department of Health Welfare Administration, Graduate School, Kosin University)
- Received : 2012.05.30
- Accepted : 2012.08.08
- Published : 2012.08.31
Purpose: The aim of this study is to examine the relationship between sexual consciousness and attitude among male university students. Methods: Data were collected using self-reported questionnaires from 235 male university students at two universities located in Busan. SPSS 12.0 using descriptive statistics, t-test, ANOVA, and correlation coefficient was used for data analysis. Results: In the area of sexual consciousness, sexual male chauvinism appeared to be strongest in the area of gender (
- Choi, C, I. & Park, J, Y. (2004). A Research on University Students of Sexual Consciousness and Violence. Student Guidance Center Dong-A University Research Review, 33, 305-336.
- Ho, S. M. (2009). Sexual Knowledge, Attitude and Sexual Behavior of the University Students. Unpublished master's thesis, Hanyang University, Seoul.
- Jang, J. K. (2005). A study on correlation between college students' perception of sex and awareness about sex trafficking. Unpublished master's thesis, Hannam University, Daejeon.
- Kang, H. Y. (2007). A study on the characteristics of sexual knoledge, attitudes, behaviors and variables forecasting sexual intercourse of university students. Unpublished master's thesis, Sungkonghoe University, Seoul.
- Kim, H. R. & Lee, H. W. (2006). Sex Knowledge of Korean Soldiers and Their Need for Sex Education. Korean Journal of Family Social Work, 18, 77-104.
- Kim, H. W. (2003). The Relationships Among Sexual Knowledge, Attitudes, behaviors of Male and Female High School Students. The Korean Journal of Psychology, 15(2), 309-328.
- Kim, J, H. & Kim, K, S. (2008). The Effects of College Students' Sexual Knowledge and Sexual Attitudes on their Sexual Behavior. Korean Journal of Family Welfare, 13(1), 123-138.
- Kim, Y, K. (2011). The Effects of University Students' Sexual Double Standard, Sexual Subjectivity, Sexual Meaning on their Sexual Behaviors. Unpublished master's thesis, Myungji University, Seoul.
- Ko, Y. S. (2001). A study on Male and Female University students' Sexual Attitude and Sexual Behavior. Unpublished master's thesis, Ewha Womens University, Seoul.
- Lim, H. J. & Cho, Y. H. (2002). A Study on Knowledge and Attitude about Oral Contraceptives in University Students. Journal of Korean Public health nursing, 16(2B), 412-422.
- Lee, I. S., Jeon, M. Y., Kim, Y. H., & Jung, M. S. (2000). Knowledge in Sex and Needs of Sex Education among Community College Students. Journal of Korean Public health nursing, 14(2B), 382-395.
- Lee, J. K. (2010). Effects of AIDS Education on Knowledge, Prejudice, Susceptibility, Severity and Intention of Safe Sex Behavior among University Students. Journal of Korean Public health nursing, 24(2B), 258-269.
- Lee, Y. M. (2000). The sexual knowledge, attitude and behavior experience of the middle school students. Unpublished master's thesis, Kosin University, Busan.
- Oh, S. H., Kang, H. S., & Kim, Y. H. (2010). Analysis of Rape Myths Acceptance and Gender Role Stereotype among Female and Male University Students. Journal of Korean Public health nursing, 24(2B), 249-257.
- Park, J. H. (2004). A study of the Effects on Sexual Behavior among Couples by Communication Characteristic Between Parents-late Adolescent Children, Sexual Attitude, and Sexual Communication among university student couples. Unpublished master's thesis, Sungshin Women's University, Seoul.
- Park, M. S. (2001). A comparative analysis of knowledge, attitude, and experience toward sex and needs about sex education between high school students and college students. Unpublished master's thesis, Inje University, Gimhae.
- Park, S. Y. (2002). A study on Sexual Consciousness and Sexual Behavior of the University Students. Unpublished master's thesis, Donga University, Busan.
- Woo, G. H. (2011). Sexual knowledge, attitude and sexual behavior of university students. Unpublished master's thesis, Kongju University, Kongju.
- Yoo, G. S., (2005). Sexual Meanings and Motives for Intercourse among College Students. Journal of the Korean Home Economics Association, 43(4), 125-139.
- Yoo, G. S., Kang, S. H. (2010). A study on Sexual Knowledge According to Sex and Sexual Intercourse Among College Students. Korean Journal of Family Welfare, 15(1), 101-118.]
- Ethnographic Analysis on Health-related Behavioral Patterns of Male College Students in a Weight-control Program vol.27, pp.2, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5932/JKPHN.2013.27.2.241
- The Effect of Sexual Education on Sex Knowledge & Attitude in Elementary School Students vol.26, pp.3, 2012, https://doi.org/10.5932/JKPHN.2012.26.3.389
- Relationship Between Self-Esteem and Sexual Attitude in Healthcare College Students vol.22, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.4094/chnr.2016.22.3.227
- Sexual Consciousness, Gender Egalitarianism and Awareness Levels of Sexual Harassment among College Students vol.16, pp.7, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.7.4679
- The Effect of Sexual Attitude, Sexual Attitude of Parents, and Depression on Sexual Intercourse Experience of University Students vol.25, pp.3, 2017, https://doi.org/10.17547/kjsr.2017.25.3.155
- Factors Influencing Sexual Autonomy in College Students vol.20, pp.2, 2013, https://doi.org/10.7739/jkafn.2013.20.2.129