- Volume 16 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
IEEE 802.15.4a based Localization Algorithm for Location Accuracy Enhancement in the NLOS Environment
실내 NLOS환경에서 정밀도 향상을 위한 IEEE 802.15.4a 기반의 위치추정 알고리즘
- Received : 2012.03.14
- Accepted : 2012.05.05
- Published : 2012.08.31
IEEE 802.15.4a standard can provide a variety of location-based services for ZigBee or wireless network applications by adapting the time-of-arrival (TOA) ranging technique. The non-line-of-sight (NLOS) condition is the critical problem in the IEEE 802.15.4a networks, and it can significantly degrade the performance of the TOA-based localization. To enhance the location accuracy due to the NLOS problem, this paper proposes an energy-efficient low complexity localization algorithm. The proposed approach performs the ranging with the multicast method, which can reduce the message overhead due to packet exchanges. By limiting the search region for the location of the node, the proposed approach can enhance the location accuracy. Experimental results show that the proposed algorithm outperforms previous algorithms in terms of the energy consumption and the localization accuracy.
IEEE 802.15.4a;NLOS environment;localization;TOA ranging
- H. Liu et al., "Survey of Wireless Indoor Positioning Techniques and Systems", IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, vol. 37, no. 6, Nov. 2007, pp. 1067-1080 https://doi.org/10.1109/TSMCC.2007.905750
- Yanying Gu, Anthony Lo, "A Survey of Indo or Positioning System for Wireless Personal Networks", IEEE COMMUNICATIONS SURVEYS & TUTORIALS, VOL. 11, NO. 1, FIRST QUARTER 2009
- 김미경, 신요순, 박현주, "AP 주변 환경 정보를 이용한 WLAN 기반 실내 위치추정 알고리즘", 한국정보통신학회논문지, 15권 5호(2011), pp.1135- 1140
- 이좌형, 임동선, 정인범, "이동 무선 센서 네트워크에서 상호배제 기반 위치인식 기법" 한국정보통신학회논문지, 14권 6호(2010), pp.1493-1504 https://doi.org/10.6109/jkiice.2010.14.6.1493
- IEEE Std 802.15.4a, "Part 15.4: wireless medium access control (MAC) and physical layer (PHY) specifications for low-rate wireless personal area networks (WPANS) amendment 1: add alternate PHYs", http://standards.ieee.org, Aug. 2007
- I. Guvenc and C. Chong "A survey on TOA based wireless localization and NLOS mitigation techniques", IEEE Commun. Surv. Tutor., vol.11, no.3, pp.107-124, Jul., 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/SURV.2009.090308
- Y. Chan, W. Tsui, H. So, and P. Ching, "Time of arrival based localization under NLOS conditions", IEEE Trans. Veh. Technol., vol.55, no.1, pp.17-24, Jan. 2006 https://doi.org/10.1109/TVT.2005.861207
- S. Gezici and Z. Sahinoglu, "UWB geolocation techniques for IEEE 802.15.4a personal area networks", MERL Technical report, Cambridge, MA, USA, Aug. 2004.
- I. Guvenc and C. Chong, F. Watanabe, and H. Inamura, "NLOS identification and weighted least squares localization for UWB systems using multipath channel statistics", EURASHIP J. Advances in Signal Processing, vol.2008, no.1,pp.1-14, Jan. 2008.
- S. Venkatesh and R. M. Buehrer, "NLOS mitigation using linear programming in ultra wideband location-aware networks", IEEE Trans. Veh. Technol., vol.56, no.5, pp.3182-3198, Sep., 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TVT.2007.900397
- R. Hach, "Chirp spread spectrum: latest advances", Proc. Wireless Congress 2007, Munich, Germany, Nov. 2007.
- STMicroelectronics, "High performance CSS transceiver enabling location awareness", http://www.st.com, Sep. 2008.
- Philips Semiconductors, "80C51 8-bit microcontroller family 4k/8k OTP/ROM low voltage (2.7V-5.5V), low power, high speed (33MHz), 128/256 BRAM", http://www.nxp.com, Aug. 2000.
- Location Estimation Method Employing Fingerprinting Scheme based on K-Nearest Neighbor Algorithm under WLAN Environment of Ship vol.18, pp.10, 2014, https://doi.org/10.6109/jkiice.2014.18.10.2530
- A Location Estimation Method Using TDOA Scheme in Vessel Environment vol.19, pp.8, 2015, https://doi.org/10.6109/jkiice.2015.19.8.1934
Supported by : 국방과학연구소