- Volume 7 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
The control of a Mobile Inverted Pendulum with EtherCAT
이더캣을 이용한 모바일 역진자 시스템의 제어
- Han, Jong-Ho (Electronics Engineering, Pusan national University) ;
- Ryu, Tae-Yeol (Electronics Engineering, Pusan national University) ;
- Lee, Jang-Myung (Electronics Engineering, Pusan national University)
- Received : 2011.11.23
- Accepted : 2012.06.13
- Published : 2012.08.31
The Industrial Ethernet technology enables advanced control architectures and offers several advantages for high precision multiple motors actuation. This paper presents the implementation and analysis of a motor drive with EtherCAT, an industrial standard for real time Ethernet. Considering the characteristics of the implemented software and the network interface, the motion and time-response of motor actuation for the networked Mobile Inverted Pendulum have been analyzed. Using the analysis with the task execution times measured from the developed drive, the performance characteristics of the drive in respect of the maximum achievable throughput have been verified by comparing to the conventional RS232.
Supported by : NIPA(National IT Industry Promotion Agency)
- EtherCAT Technology Group, http://www.ethercat.org.
- IEC61158-2/3/4/5/6-12, Industrial communication network-Fieldbus specifications-type12 elements (EtherCAT).
- IEC61784-2 (Ed.1.0), Industrial communication networks-Profiles- Part 2; Additional fieldbus profiles for real-time networks based on IS0/IEC 8802-3.
- M.-Rostan, "EtherCAT enabled Advanced Control Architecture," Advanced semiconductor Manufacturing Conference (ASMC), IEEE/SEMI, pp39-40, 2010.
- Giannuca. Sena, "Distribute-merge switch for EtherCAT Networks," IEIIT -CNR.
- Giannuca. Sena, A High-Performance CAN-like Arbitration Scheme for EtherCAT.
- Kwang.-seok. Lee, "Development Optic-EtherCAT Sensor/Actuator Network Module for Robot Control Network," Sunchon Nnational University, 2007.
- L. Wang and J. Qi, "The real-time networked data gathering systems based on EtherCAT," International Conference on Environmental Science and Information Application Technology, pp 513-515, 2009.
- J. Qi and L. Wang, "Networked motion control system design based on EtherCAT," Second International Conference on Intelligent Computing Technology and Automation, pp 77-79, 2009.
- SEMI E54.20, Standard for Sensor Actuator Network Communications for EtherCAT.
- ISO 17545-4 Industrial automation systems and integration-Open systems application integration framework, EtherCAT Profiles.
- Min.-young. Sung, "Implementation and Analysis of a Networked Motor Drive using Real-Time Ethernet," The Korean Institute of Information Scientists and Engineers, vol 17, no 8, 2011.
- TwinCAT Information [Online]. Available: www.beckhoff.com, 2010.
- Yong.-Seun. Moon, "A Study on Development of Soft-Motor Controller using EtherCAT," Korean Institute of Intelligent Systems, vol 17, no 6, pp827-828, 2007. https://doi.org/10.5391/JKIIS.2007.17.6.826
- Il.-Kyun. Jung, "An EtherCAT based Control System for Human-Robot Cooperation," Methods and Models Automation and Robotics 16th Conference, pp341-343, 2011.
- Segway korea, http://www.segway-korea.com.
- Hyung.-Gi. Min, Ji.-Hoon. Kim, Ju.-Han. Yoon, Eun.-Tae. Jeung, and Sung.-Ha. Kwon, "A Control of Balancing Robot," Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems, ISSN : 1976-5622, pp 1202, 2010.
- Jee.-Hyun. Park, "Implementation of IEC 61800 based EtherCAT Slave Module for Real-time Multi axis Smart Drive System," International Conference on Control, Automation and Systems, pp 683-684, 2010.
- Hyun.-nuk. Ha, "A control of Mobile Inverted Pendulum using Single Accelerometer," Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems, vol. 16, no. 5, pp 440-445, 2010. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2010.16.5.440
- Young.-kuk. Kwon, "Optimal ARS Control of an Inverted Pendulum Robot for Climbing Ability Improvement," Pusan National University, 2011.