- Volume 14 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Study on Sizing System and Wearing Conditions with School Uniform Pants for Highschool Girls
여고생 바지 교복의 사이즈 체계 및 착용 실태에 관한 연구
- Choi, Eun-Hee (Dept. of clothing and Textiles, Chonnam National University) ;
- Do, Wol-Hee (Dept. of clothing and Textiles, Chonnam National University, Research Institute of Human Ecology, Chonnam National University)
- Received : 2011.11.04
- Accepted : 2012.02.14
- Published : 2012.04.30
The purpose of this study was conducted to provide basic information on developing highschool-uniform pants with more suitable fit. To carry out this study, questionnaires were administered to 187 students in high schools in Gwangju. The collected data were analyzed with frequencies statistics, t-test, ANOVA using the SPSS WIN 18.0. The results are as follows; As results of research on highschool-uniform regulation, 88% of the highschool in Gwangju allowed their students to wear school uniform pants. As results of investigation on the school-uniform pants sizing system of manufacturing firm, it was found that there's a trend towards increasing a large size with the change body type. The size labelling for school uniform pants was waist circumference-stature. There were differences in pants sizes according to the manufacturing firm and body measurements such as hip circumference, in seam length, pants length. As results of survey on wearing conditions, the selection of school uniform pants has increased in winter season. The most important body measurement in the choice of purchase was thigh circumference. In fit of uniform pants, respondents answered that waist circumference and hip circumference became smaller according to the physical growth.
- Do, W. H. (2003). A Study on the Lower Body Type of Adult Males for Tight-fit slacks pattern Making. Journal of the Korean Living Science Association, 12(4), 559-570.
- Kim, H. K., Kwon, S. H., Kim, S. J., Park, E. J., Suh, C. Y., Lee, S. Y., Lee, S. N., Jeon, E. K., & Joe, J. M. (2001). Clothing Ergonomics Experimental Methodology. Seoul: Kyomunsa, pp. 165-170.
- Kim, H. K. (2007). A Study on School Uniform Metamorphosis Behavior and Skirt Ease Length Followed by High School Girl students' Satisfaction for School uniform. Unpublished master's thesis, Chungnam National University, Daejon.
- Lee, K. M. (2002). A Study on sizing system for the school uniforms of middle-school boys. Unpublished master's thesis, Ewha Womans University, Seoul.
- Lee, S. W., Kim, K. J., Nam, Y. J., Noe, H. S., Jeon, M. S., Choi, K. M., & Choi, Y. K. (2002). Clothing Topology. Seoul: Kyohakyongusa, p. 122.
- Lim, J. H. (2004). High School girls' satisfaction level and design preference of school uniforms. Unpublished master's thesis, Kyung Hee University, Seoul.
- Lim, J. Y. (1999). A Study on the Lower Bodyshape Variable of Growing girls: Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 23(3), 345-352.
- Lim, J. Y. (2002). Sizing System for the Junior-high school Girls' Lower Clothes According to the Lower Body Type Analysis. Journal of the Korean Home Economics Association, 40(7), 119-126.
- Ministry of Gender Equality and Family-Educational policy institution. (2003, November 26). Newsrelease of Wearing conditions with School Uniform for School Girls. Retrieved March 26, 2011, from http://www.mogef.go.kr/index.jsp
- Ministry of Gender Equality and Family-Educational policy institution. (2004, July 5). Newsrelease of Wearing conditions with School Uniform Skirt. Retrieved March 26, 2011, from http://www.mogef.go.kr/index.jsp
- 'The school uniform market before the new term -Marketing Warfare-' (2011, January 30). The financial news. Retrieved April 8, 2011, from http://www.fnnews.com
- Youn, M. O. (2005). A Study on the Girls' High School Uniforms - Focusing on Autumn & Winter Uniforms of the Girls' High School in Daejon Area-. Unpublished master's thesis, Kongju National University, Kongju.
- A Study on the Wearing Conditions of Summer School Uniform and Comfortable Uniform for Middle School Students - Focusing on Iksan city - vol.23, pp.5, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5934/kjhe.2014.23.5.919
- Actual Condition Survey for Thermal Functionality Improvement of Female Student's Winter Uniforms vol.16, pp.6, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5805/SFTI.2014.16.6.954