- Volume 14 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Technical Design of Tight Upper Sportswear based on 3D Scanning Technology and Stretch Property of Knitted Fabric
3차원 스캔 기술과 니트 소재의 신축성을 적용한 밀착형 스포츠웨어 상의 설계
- Kim, Tae-Gyou (Department of Fashion Design, Daegu Arts University) ;
- Park, Soon-Jee (Department of Clothing and Fashion, Yeungnam University) ;
- Park, Jung-Whan (School of Machinery Engineering, Yeungnam University) ;
- Suh, Chu-Yeon (Department of Fashion Design, Dong-A university) ;
- Choi, Sin-Ae (Department of Fashion Design, Daegu Arts University)
- 김태규 (대구예술대학교 패션디자인전공) ;
- 박순지 (영남대학교 의류패션학과) ;
- 박정환 (영남대학교 기계공학부) ;
- 서추연 (동아대학교 패션디자인학과) ;
- 최신애 (대구예술대학교 패션디자인전공)
- Received : 2011.09.29
- Accepted : 2012.02.24
- Published : 2012.04.30
This research studied how to develop tight upper sportswear from 3D scan data considering fabric stretch property. Subjects were five Korean men of average figure in their 20's. Scanning was done for ten postures via vitus smart/pro(Techmath LTD). Analyzing from 3D scan data, more than 70% of the upper body surface showed surface change rate under 20%. It was shoulder and under arm side part that showed most noticeable body surface change when moving. A parametric model with convex surface was generated and flattened onto the plane, resulting 2D pattern. The error rate occurring in the process of 3D to 2D conversion was 0.2% for outline and 0.13% for area, respectively. Thirteen kinds of stretchable fabrics in the market were collected for this study. Stretch property was in the range of 16.0~58.2% for wale direction; 23.1~78.4% for course. Based on wear trial test, four fabrics were chosen for making the 1st experimental garment and finally one fabric was chosen for the 2nd one, which was developed applying 4 kinds of crosswise reduction rate on 2D pattern: 0, 5, 10, and 15%. Through wear trial test and garment pressure measurement, experimental garment applied with 10% pattern reduction rate was evaluated as most comfortable and considerable.
Supported by : 영남대학교, 산업자원부
- Choi, S. A. & Park, S. (2010). Brief pattern making for women in their 20's using 3D parametric human body model, Journal of Korean Society for Clothing Industry, 12(5), 642-649. https://doi.org/10.5805/KSCI.2010.12.5.642
- Choi, Y. L., Nam, Y. J., Choi, K. M., Cui, M. H. & Han, S. A. (2008). Surface flattening criterion of female's upper front shell using grid method, Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 32(12), 1825-1836. https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2008.32.12.1825
- Do, W. H. (2008). Analysis of Body surface change from 3D scan data of men's upper bodies in twenties-focus on application of motorcycle jacket pattern. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 32(4), 530-541. https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2008.32.4.530
- Jeong, Y. H., Hong, K. H, & Kim, S, J. (2005). Method of 3D Body Surface Segmentation and 2D Pattern Development Using Triangle Simplification and Triangle Patch Arrangement. Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 29(9/10), 1359-1368.
- Jeong, Y. H. & Hong, K. H. (2010). Development of 2D patterns for cycling pants using 3D data of human movement and stretch fabric, Korean Journal of Human Ecology, 19(3), 555-563. https://doi.org/10.5934/KJHE.2010.19.3.555
- Kim, H. J. & Park, S. (2011). Torso pattern design for Korean middleaged women using 3D human body scan data, Journal of Korean Society for Clothing Industry, 13(4), 600-613. https://doi.org/10.5805/KSCI.2011.13.4.600
- Kim, S. M., & Kang, T. J. (2003). Garment pattern generation from body scan data. Computer-Aided Design, 35(7), 611-618. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0010-4485(02)00081-7
- Korean Agency for Technology and Standards. (2005). 5th Size Korea Technical Report. Seoul: The ministry of Knowledge Economy, Korean Agency for Technology and Standards.
- McCartney, J., Hinds, B. K. & Seow, B. L. (1999). The flattening of triangulated surfaces incorporating darts and gussets. Computer-Aided Design, 31(4), 249-260. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0010-4485(99)00025-1
- Park, E. J. (1993). Clothing ergonomical analysis of the upper body types and design of the basic bodice pattern for Korean young men. Unpublished doctor's thesis, Yonsei University, Seoul.
- Park, S. J., Cho, Y. H., Park, J. W., Kim, J. H., Suh, C.Y., Kim, T.G., Lee, H. J.(2007), 3D body scan data flattening for garment pattern using CAD system, Proceeding of the Korean Society of Precesion Engineering Conference, Fall, 303-304.
- Park, S., & Choi, S. A. (2008). Belt Pattern Making for Hip-hugger garment using 3D Body Scan Data. Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 10(5), 652-659.
- Park, S., & Kim, H. (2010). A Study on setting darts and split lines of upper bodice pattern on 3D parametric model dressed with tightfit garment. Journal of Korean Society for Clothing Industry, 12(4), 467-476. https://doi.org/10.5805/KSCI.2010.12.4.467
- Park, S., & Kim, H. (2011). Development of patter drafting method for hip-hugger tight skirt and round belt. Journal of Korean Society for Clothing Industry, 13(5), 661-671. https://doi.org/10.5805/KSCI.2011.13.5.661
- Park, S. J., & Miyoshi M. (2003). Development of theory and auto CAD program for designing the individual bodice pattern from 3D scanning data of human body. Journal of Asian Regional Home Economics, 10(4), 216-225.
- Sohn, B. (2008). Development of men slacks pattern using 3D scan data, Journal of Korean Home Economics Association, 46(9), 137- 146.
- Wang, C.C.L., Smith, S.S-F. & Yuen, M.M.F. (2002). Surface area flattening based on energy model. Computer-Aided Design, 34(11), 823-833. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0010-4485(01)00150-6
- Wang, C.C.L., Wang, Y., & Yuen, M.M.F. (2005). Design automation for customized apparel products. Computer-Aided Design, 37(7), 675-691. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cad.2004.08.007
- Structural effect of polyester SCY knitted fabric on fabric size, stretch properties, and clothing pressure vol.2, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1186/s40691-015-0047-4
- The Development of Safety and Functional Snowboard Wear Design - Focus on the Safety Snowboard Pants for the Protection of Hip - vol.15, pp.3, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5805/SFTI.2013.15.3.364
- Analysis of Image Similarity Index of Woven Fabrics and Virtual Fabrics - Application of Textile Design CAD System and Shuttle Loom - vol.15, pp.6, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5805/SFTI.2013.15.6.1010
- Development of Compression Wear Tops for Men in Their Forties Based on Muscle Locations vol.39, pp.2, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2015.39.2.271
- An Analysis of Compression Wear Designs and Structural Elements vol.16, pp.3, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5805/SFTI.2014.16.3.421
- Ergonomic 3D Pattern Development of Outdoor T-shirt for Men vol.25, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5934/kjhe.2016.25.4.451
- Functional Underwear Development for Elderly Woman from 3D Body Model applying PCM treatment vol.18, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5805/SFTI.2016.18.4.457
- Extracting Method of the Space Shapes between Clothing and the Human Body - Focusing on the Mold Bra for Small-breasted Women - vol.23, pp.4, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5934/kjhe.2014.23.4.653
- Knit Structure and Properties of High Stretch Compression Garments vol.50, pp.6, 2013, https://doi.org/10.12772/TSE.2013.50.359
- Market Survey and Motion Characteristics Research on Fitness Compression Wear to Improve Muscle Efficiency for the Elderly vol.20, pp.3, 2018, https://doi.org/10.5805/SFTI.2018.20.3.343