- Volume 14 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Study on Wearing Satisfaction and Thermal Properties of Jumper for Korean Military Tank Drivers
전차병 점퍼의 착용만족도 및 보온성에 관한 연구
- Kwon, Seo-Yoon (Korea Research Institute for Fashion Industry) ;
- Choi, Eun-Mi (Korea Research Institute for Fashion Industry) ;
- Lim, Chae-Guen (Defense Agency for Technology and Quality) ;
- Shin, Dong-Woo (Defense Agency for Technology and Quality) ;
- Kim, Kyung-Pil (Defense Agency for Technology and Quality) ;
- Kwon, Oh-Kyung (BSG.Co.Ltd.) ;
- Jeong, Hyun-Mi (Dept. of Textile Business, Bucheon University)
- 권서윤 (한국패션산업연구원) ;
- 최은미 (한국패션산업연구원) ;
- 임채근 (국방기술품질원) ;
- 신동우 (국방기술품질원) ;
- 김경필 (국방기술품질원) ;
- 권오경 ((주)비에스지) ;
- 정현미 (부천대학 섬유비즈니스과)
- Received : 2011.05.23
- Accepted : 2012.02.20
- Published : 2012.04.30
The purpose of this study is to investigate problems of design, fitness, suitability for movement, and wearing comfort of jumper for Korean military tank drivers through analysis of actual wearing condition by questionnaire and field evaluation and to provide basic data for developing its improved design. The survey was done for 477 military tank drivers and evaluation was performed using thermal manikin to measure insulation. The overall satisfaction for design of jumper for military tank driver was over 3.5(likert scale). The overall satisfaction for fitness of jumper for military tank driver was also over 3.5. The satisfactions for material was between 2.39 and 3.13 and the satisfaction for pilling property was the lowest, followed by static property and shape stability after laundering. The satisfactions for movement suitability were standing(3.81), sitting(3,38), raising hand(forward: 2.90, sideward: 3.01), respectively. In insulation evaluation of jumper for military tank drivers and outwears(jacket, jumper), the insulation of jumper for military tank drivers was lower than outwear(jumper) and same with outwear(jacket). The insulation in dynamic and still condition(without wind) of jumper for military tank driver was 0.37clo and 0.31clo, respectively. Its decreation rate in dynamic condition comparing to still condition was 59% which was lower than jacket(0.73clo) and jumper(1.15clo).
Grant : 차세대 군 특수피복을 위한 슈퍼섬유 융합제품 개발
- Jeon, E. J., Park, S. K., You, H. C., & Kim, H. E. (2010). Transactions : The Improvement and Evaluation of the Flight Suit Pattern to Enhance Movement. The Korean Society for Clothing Industry, 12(5), 633-641. https://doi.org/10.5805/KSCI.2010.12.5.633
- International Organization for Standardization. (1999). ISO 11092 : Textile - physiological effects - measurement of thermal and water vapor resistance under steady state conditions (sweating guarded hotplate test). Geneva, Switzerland : ISO.
- Choe, J. S., Choe, H. S., & Lee, G. M. (2003). A Study on the Functional Development of Army' Combat Uniforms, Journal of the Korea Society of Costume, 53(5), 141-153.
- Kim, K. H., Kim, Y. M., Ahn, T. Y., & Lee, S. A. (1990). Transactions : A Study on the Functional Design Process and Performance Evaluation of Army's Training Wear. Journal of the Korea Society of Clothing and Textile, 14(2), 104-116.
- Na, M. H., Jang, K. J., & Lee, Y. S., (1997). A Study on the Pattern for the Clean Room Garment of the Overall Type. Korean Association of Human Ecology, 6(2), 121-131
- Ministry of National Defense. (2010). Korean Military Advertising Booklet, Seoul : Ministry of National Defense, 20.
- Ministry of National Defense. (2010). Military Paper, Seoul: Ministry of National Defense, p.112
- Kwon, S. H., & Ha, J. S., (2006) A Study on Modern Military Uniform Design. Journal of the Korea Society of Costume, 56(9), 143-156.
- Kim, Y. H., (2007). Transactions : A Functional Design of Auto Mechanic`s Coverall. Journal of the Korea Society of Clothing and Textile, 31(4), 531-539 https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2007.31.4.531
- Satisfaction on Fitness and Motion Suitability of Korean male Military Winter Jacket vol.18, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5805/SFTI.2016.18.5.685