- Volume 14 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
The Benefits Sought for the Bedding and Consumers' Characteristics: Focus on the Lifestyle and Demographic Characteristics
침구의 추구혜택과 소비자 특성: 라이프스타일과 인구통계학적 변인을 중심으로
- Jin, Hyun-Jeong (Dept. of Science and Technology Education Seoul National University of Education)
- 진현정 (서울교육대학교 생활과학교육과)
- Received : 2011.12.29
- Accepted : 2012.03.19
- Published : 2012.04.30
This study investigates the benefits consumers seek in buying and using bedding, sub-dimensions of lifestyle, and the relationship between those of the benefits and the dimensions of lifestyle. This study conducted a survey to verify benefits consumers seek in buying bedding. A questionnaire was developed to collect data to measure lifestyle, benefits sought for the bedding, and demographic variables. Research was conducted on married women aged between 20 and 59. Total 294 responses were analyzed using factor analysis, correlation analysis, t-test, and one-way ANOVA with SPSS 18.0. A factor analysis identified three dimensions of benefits sought for the bedding: utilitarian benefits, social benefit, and aesthetic benefit. Lifestyle consists of five dimensions: health seeking, social symbol seeking, leisure/country-living seeking, aesthetics seeking, and economy seeking. All dimensions underlying benefits consumers seek in buying bedding and all dimensions of lifestyle were correlated. As consumers get older, they tend to seek more utilitarian and social/psychological benefits of bedding.
- Ahn, S. H., Suh, Y. H., & Suh, M. S. (2000). An exploratory research on hierarchical causality of on benefits sought of clothing and clothing style preferences by fashion leadership. The Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 22(7), 942-951.
- Cho, C. H., & Kim, C. S. (2010). A study on Korean women`s bedding consumption status, purchase behavior and degree of satisfaction. The Research Journal of the Costume Culture, 18(3), 423-435,
- Cho, S. M., & Koh, A. R. (2008). A study on lifestyle and sportswear benefits sought according to consuming desire of sports. The Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 32(3), 418-430. https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2008.32.3.418
- Choi, J. W., Kim, J. Y., & Kim, D. H. (2005). Sleeping environment of Korean focused on bedding and nightclothes. Journal of the Korean Society of Living Environmental System, 12(1), 48-55.
- Engel, J. F., Blackwell, R. D., & Miniard, P. W. (1995), Consumer behavior (8th ed.). Chicago: The Dryden Press.
- Han, G. M., & Na, Y. J. (2003). Clothing-purchasing behavior and preferred sensation according to fashion lifestyle of female consumers. The Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 27(9/10), 1026-1035.
- Hong, B. S., Lee, E. J., & Park, S. H. (2010). The effect of eco-friendly attitude and benefits pursued in clothing on purchase satisfaction of eco-friendly consumers for infants and children's underwear. The Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 34(4), 686-696. https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2010.34.4.686
- Hong, H. S., & Koh, A. R. (2009). The effects of benefits pursued to clothing on the purchase intention of apparel for consumer`s well-being eco-friendly and health-functional apparels. The Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 33(11), 1839-1852. https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2009.33.11.1839
- Hong, S. T., & Park. E. A. (2005). Comparison of female consumers` purchasing behavior by lifestyle types: In the case of cosmetics. Journal of Korean Marketing Association, 20(1), 55-89.
- Hwang, J. (2008). The relationships among clothing benefits sought, brand attachment, and brand loyalty. The Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 32(11), 1704-1714. https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2008.32.11.1704
- Kim, Y. S. (2010). Awareness of environmental pollution and attitudes toward eco-friendly clothing according to women's LOHAS lifestyle. The Research Journal of the Costume Culture, 18(3), 499-513.
- Lazer, W. (1963). Lifestyle concepts and marketing, pp. 243-52 in S. Greysser (ed.) Toward Scientific Marketing. Chicago, IL: American Marketing Association.
- Lee, J. H., & Kim, C. S. (2005). A study on clothing benefits and fashion information sources according to family life cycle. The Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 29(2), 220-230.
- Lee, M. A. (2010). Comparative study between married and unmarried women on consumption values and clothing benefits: Focusing on working women in their 20's and 30's. The Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 34(5), 808-818. https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2010.34.5.808
- Lee, M. H., Kwen, E. S., & Kang. S. H. (1997). A study on bedclothes design preferences and purchase motives. The Korean Society of Costume, 35, 181-193.
- Lee, O. H. (2005). A study on the Japanese female college students' lifestyle and clothing benefits sought. The Research Journal of the Costume Culture, 13(6), 857-870.
- Lee, S. H., & Lim, S. J. (1998). A study on personal value, benefits sought and clothing product attributes. The Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 24(5), 652-662.
- Nam, M. W., & Chung, J. M. (2007). The purchasing behavior of natural dyed apparel products according to clothing benefits sought. Journal of the Korean Home Economics Association, 45(7), 105-117.
- Park, K. H. (2001). A study on the use of bedclothes. Journal of the Korean Home Economics Association, 39(10), 29-37.
- Park, K. H., Kim, M. Y., & Hong, J. K. (2002). A study on the relationship between lifestyles and use of the bedclothes. Journal of the Korean Home Economics Association, 40(6), 173-184.
- Park, S. Y. (1996). Taxonomy & characteristics of Korean lifestyle. Journal of Korean Marketing Association, 11(1). 19-34.
- Park, W. M., & Yoo, M. I. (1992). A study of the agreeability on the use of bedclothes. Journal of the Korean Home Economics Association, 30(1), 25-34.
- Peter, J. P., & Olson, J. C. (2004). Consumer behavior & marketing strategy (7th ed.). Homewood: Irwin Inc.
- Soh, H. O. (1993). A study of the present status on the use of bed clothes 2. Collection of Home Culture Research, 7, 33-58.
- Yun, C. H., Kim, J. S., & Sung, S. K. (2002). A study on bedding in Korea: The cases in 1990-2000]. The Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 4(1), 248-253.
- The Effects of Lifestyles on Pursuing Benefits and Purchase Intention of Athleisure wear vol.19, pp.6, 2017, https://doi.org/10.5805/SFTI.2017.19.6.723