- Volume 14 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
The Analysis of Broadcasting Station's Image expressed in Wearing Dress Color of News Anchors - Comparison among KBS, MBC, and SBS -
뉴스앵커의 착용의상 색채를 통해 본 방송국 이미지 분석 - KBS, MBC, SBS 방송국 비교-
- Park, Jin-Young (Dept. of Clothing & Textiles, University of Ulsan) ;
- Lee, Eun-Sook (Dept. of Clothing & Textiles, University of Ulsan)
- Received : 2011.07.15
- Accepted : 2011.10.06
- Published : 2012.04.30
The purpose of this study was to examine and analyze broadcasting station's image expressed in wearing dress color of male and female news anchors. The data were collected from replay video news(n=180) provided in each station's website during 2005-2010 year. The results were as follows. First, in the case of the male anchor, KBS was focused on the quiet and classic image and the gentle image. MBC was focused on the vital and urban image. SBS was focused on the dynamic and young image. Second, in the case of the female anchor, KBS was focused on the neat, soft, and feminine in S/S season, on the other hand the loud and flamboyant image in F/W season. MBC was focused on the vital and urban image like image of a male anchor. SBS was focused on the private image of a female anchor than broadcasting station's image. Through the results of this study, the image of the individual and companies can be symbolized by the color of dress.
wearing dress color;image of broadcasting station;male.female anchor
- 'Anchorwoman has changed, From Secondary to the News's symbol'. (2008, November 11). Mydaily. Retrieved February 6, 2011, from http;//www.mydaily.co.kr
- Ahn, S. M. (2003). A research on the effect of the images of broadcasting company and its news anchors recognized by TV audiences on their intention to watch the news : focusing on the main news programs of KBS, MBC, SBS. Unpublished master's thesis, Sungkyunkwan University, Seoul.
- Cathcart, W. L. (1969). Viewer needs and Desire in Television Newscasters, Journal of Broadcasting, 14, 55-62. https://doi.org/10.1080/08838156909363576
- Choi, S. K., & Sung, N. S., & Jeong, S. J. (2010). A Study on the Image and Harmonic Sensitiveness of Men`s Suit According to Achromatic Coordination. The Journal of Korean Society of Design Culture, 16(2), 474-484.
- Choi, Y. H. (1999). Comparative Analysis on TV News Anchor's Parasocial Interaction and Professionalism. The Journal of Korean Society for Journalism & Communication Studies, 44(1), 468-488.
- Chung, H. N. (2003). Image-Making of TV anchorpersons. Unpublished master's thesis, Wonkwang University, Iksan.
- Chung, J. H. (1983). A study on the color sign and color inference. Unpublished master's thesis, Sungkyunkwan University, Seoul.
- Eun, Y. Y., & Park, S. H. (1996). A Study on Preference of Men and Women in Their 20s of Clothing Color - In the Taegu Areas. The International Journal of Costume Culture, 4(3), 305-323.
- Kim, H. J. (1998). The relationship of the message transfer capability of the television news anchor and public trust. Korean Association for Broadcasting & Telecommunication Studies, -(10), 139-165.
- Kim, H. S. (2008). A Study of the Influence of Newscaster's Nonverbal Factors in the Process of Understanding the News: Revolving Newscaster's Dress Style and Personal Ornaments. The Korean Society for Journalism & Communication Studies, 52(3), 256-276.
- Kim, K. T. (2004). A study on the South Korea's anchor system Characteristics and Recommendations. Journal of the Broadcasting & Culture, 277, 44-47.
- Kim, M. J. (2004). A study on the factors affecting the TV new program ratings : focused on the prime time news of MBC and KBS. Unpublished master's thesis, Yonsei University, Seoul.
- Kim, M. S. (2007). Possible Factors Affecting the Image Making of Telecasters in TV Program. Unpublished master's thesis, Sookmyung Women's University, Seoul.
- Kim, Y. I., & Koh, A. R., & Hong, H. S. (2000). Fashion Image Segmentation of 20's Female Apparel Market and Apparel Color Preferences. The Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles. 24(1), 3-14.
- Ko, Y. K., & Rhee, N. H. (2008). The Research on the Relation between Self-Image and Color Image by Lifestyle. Journal of the Korean Society of Beauty and Art, 19(2), 47-63.
- Korea Communications Commission. (2009). 2008 A Study on the Behavior of Watching TV. Seoul.
- Lee, E. K. (2010). A Study on Color Image of TV News Anchor Woman`s Jackets. The Journal of Korean Association of Human Ecology, 19(1), 149-156. https://doi.org/10.5934/KJHE.2010.19.1.149
- Lee, H. S. (1997). A Visual Image Perception of Clothing Colors, Color Combinations of Borean Traditional Dress for Woman. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Chungnam National University, Daejeon.
- Lee, J. H., & Cho, K. H. (1995). The Effect of Elements of Apparel Design on Impression Formation Part I : Emphasis on the Effect of Form and Color of Cloths. The Journal of Korean Society of Clothing & Textiles. 19(5), 51-68.
- Lee, M. H. (1993). Clothing Image Preferences and Sex Role Identity of Korean and American College Students. The Korean Society of Clothing & Textiles. 17(3), 367-380.
- Lee, S. J., & Yoon, D. A. (2008). Image making-Self Marketing. Seoul:Kyomunsa.
- Lee, U. Y., & Lee, I. S. (2010). Transactions : Analysis Charateristics of Interviewee Custume Design in Job Interviewee Image-Making -focused on costume of pre-employed women-. Journal of the Korean Society for Clothing Industry, 12(3), 265-271. https://doi.org/10.5805/KSCI.2010.12.3.265
- Natusow, B. (1983). The Evening stars. Network New a Anchor.
- Park, C. M. (1991). The research about the image of the recipient about the television news anchor. Unpublished master's thesis, Cheongju University, Cheongju.
- Park, H. S. (2007). The influence of news anchors' reputation on the crdeibility and satisfaction of news programs. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Sungkyunkwan University, Seoul.
- Park, S. H. (2004). A study on fashion image changes in anchorwomen since the 1980s in Korea. Unpublished master's thesis, Sungkyunkwan University, Seoul.
- Ryu, C. L. (1999). A Study of the recipient attribute reaches to the credit of the news media. Journal of the Media & Information, 5, 43-65.
- Shin, H. S. (2003). (For Fashion&Beauty)Color Image making. Seoul: Kukje Publishing House.
- The Foundation for Broadcast Culture. (2002). 2001 Audience Response Survey. Seoul.
- The Foundation for Broadcast Culture. (2008). The research of South Korea's early announcers broadcasting. Seoul.
- The Korea Foundation. (2010). 2010 The survey on the media audience's Consciousness. Seoul.
- Walkshlak, J., Agostino, D. E., Terry, H. A., Driscoll P. & Ramsey B.(1983). Television News Viewing and Network Affiliation Changes, The Journal of Broadcasting, 27(1), 53-68. https://doi.org/10.1080/08838158309386472
- Yu, K. W. (2002). Image perception by two-color arrangement of woman's suits. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Konkuk University, Seoul.
- Yu, S. Y., & Kim, Y. J., & Park, J. Y., & Lee, K. H. (2006). The survey on people's news consumption. Korean Press Foundation, 2006(14).