- Volume 20 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Effect of High Pressure and Steaming Extraction Processes on Ginsenosides Rg3 and Rh2 Contents of Cultured-Root in Wild Ginseng (Panax ginseng C. A. Meyer)
초고압 증숙처리가 산삼배양근의 진세노사이드 Rg3와 Rh2의 함량에 미치는 영향
- Choi, Woon-Yong (Department of Biomedical Materials Engineering, Kangwon National University) ;
- Lee, Choon-Geun (Department of Biomedical Materials Engineering, Kangwon National University) ;
- Seo, Yong-Chang (Department of Biomedical Materials Engineering, Kangwon National University) ;
- Song, Chi-Ho (Department of Biomedical Materials Engineering, Kangwon National University) ;
- Lim, Hye-Won (Shebah Biotech Co.) ;
- Lee, Hyeon-Yong (Department of Teaics, Seo Won University)
- 최운용 (강원대학교 의생명소재공학과) ;
- 이춘근 (강원대학교 의생명소재공학과) ;
- 서용창 (강원대학교 의생명소재공학과) ;
- 송치호 (강원대학교 의생명소재공학과) ;
- 임혜원 ((주)세바바이오텍) ;
- 이현용 (서원대학교 차학과)
- Received : 2012.07.26
- Accepted : 2012.08.09
- Published : 2012.08.30
This study was performed to enhance contents of low molecular weight ginsenoside Rh2 and Rg3 using an ultra high pressure and steaming process in wild cultured-Root in wild ginseng. For selective increase in contents of Rg3 and Rh2 in cultured wild ginseng roots, an ultra high extraction was applied at 500MPa for 20 min which was followed by steaming process at
Supported by : 한국산업단지공단
- Bao HY, Zhang J, Yeo SJ, Myung CS, Kim HM, Kim JM, Park JH, Cho JS and Kang JS. (2005). Memory enhancing and neuroprotective effects of selected ginsenosides. Archives of Pharmacal Research. 28:335-342. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02977802
- Chae JM. (1996). Maceration methods for SEM observation. Keimyung Medical Journal. 15:75-85.
- Chen R, Meng F, Zhang S and Liu Z. (2009). Effects of ultrahigh pressure extraction conditions on yields and antioxidant activity of ginsenoside from ginseng. Separation and Purification Technology. 66:340-346. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.seppur.2008.12.026
- Choi WY, Lee CG, Song CH, Seo YC, Kim JS, Kim BH, Shin DH, Yoon CS, Lim HW and Lee HY. (2012). Enhancement of low molecular ginsenoside contents in low quality fresh ginseng by fermentation process. Korean Journal of Medicinal Crop Science. 20:117-123. https://doi.org/10.7783/KJMCS.2012.20.2.117
- Doh ES, Chang JP, Lee KH and Seong NS. (2007). Ginsenoside change and antioxidation activity of fermented ginseng. Korean Journal of Medicinal Crop Science. 18:255-265.
- Jin L, Han JG, Ha JH, Jeong HS, Kwon MC, Ahn JH, Kim JC, Choi GP, Chung EK and Lee HY. (2008). Effect of immune activity on Berberis koreana Palibin by ultra high pressure low temperature process. Korean Journal of Medicinal Crop Science. 16:439-445.
- Jeong CS, Chakrabarty D, Hahn EJ, Lee HL and Paek KY. (2005). Effects of oxygen, carbon dioxide and ethylene on growth and bioactive compound production in bioreactor culture of ginseng adventitious roots. Biochemical Engineering Journal. 27:252-263.
- Jeong HS, Han JG, Ha JH, Jin L, Oh SH, Kim SS, Jeong MH, Choi GP, Park UY and Lee HY. (2009). Enhancement of anticancer activities of Ephedra sinica, Angelica gigas by ultra high pressure extraction. Korean Journal of Medicinal Crop Science. 17:102-108.
- Jeong HS, Kang TS, Woo KS, Paek KY, Yu KW and Yang SJ. (2005). Effects of cultured wild ginseng roots on the alcoholic fermentation. Korean Journal of Food Preservation. 12:402-410.
- Keum YS, Park KK, Lee JM, Chun KS, Park JH, Lee SK, Kwon H and Surh YJ. (2000). Antioxidant and anti-tumor promoting activities of the methanol extract of heat-processed ginseng. Cancer Letters. 150:41-48. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0304-3835(99)00369-9
- Kim KD, Song GJ and Kim HT. (2001). Preparation of TiO2 nanoparticles using vapor hydrolysis in continuous reaction method. Applied Chemistry. 5:52-55.
- Kim KT, Hong HD and Kim SS. (2009). Quality characteristics of ginseng treated by hot air drying after being dried using super-heated steam. Journal of Ginseng Research. 33:361-366. https://doi.org/10.5142/JGR.2009.33.4.361
- Kim SE, Lee YH, Park JH and Lee SK. (1999). Ginsenoside- Rs3, a new diol-type ginseng saponin, selectively elevates protein levels of p53 and p21WAF1 leading to induction of apoptosis in SK-HEP-1 cells. Anticancer Research. 19:487-491.
- Kim WY, Kim JM, Han SB, Lee SK, Kim ND, Park MK, Kim CK and Park JH. (2000). Steaming of ginseng at high temperature enhances biological activity. Journal of Natural Products. 63:1702-1704. https://doi.org/10.1021/np990152b
Hayashi R, Kawamura Y and Kunugi S. (1987). Introduction of high pressure to food processing : Preferential proteolysis of
$\beta$- lactoglobulin in milk whey. Journal of Food Science. 52:1107- 1108. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1987.tb14289.x
- Hong HD, Kim YC, Rho JH, Kim KT and Lee YC. (2007). Changes on physicochemical properties of Panax ginseng C. A. Meyer during repeated steaming process. Journal of Ginseng Research. 31:222-229. https://doi.org/10.5142/JGR.2007.31.4.222
- Hu SJ, Jin SH and Choi DM. (2008). Analysis of benzo(a)pyrene in red ginseng beverage. Journal of Food Hygiene and Safety. 23:26-30.
- Park SJ, Kim DH, Paek NS and Kim SS. (2006). Preparation and quality characteristics of the fermentation product of ginseng by lactic acid bacteria (FGL). Journal of Ginseng Research. 30:57-99. https://doi.org/10.5142/JGR.2006.30.2.057
- Seo YC, Choi WY, Kim JS, Cho JS, Kim YO, Kim JC and Lee HY. (2011). Enhancement of anticancer activities from lithospermum erythrorhizon extracts by ultra high pressure process. Korean Journal of Medicinal Crop Science. 19:103- 110. https://doi.org/10.7783/KJMCS.2011.19.2.103
- Son SH and Hall RB. (1990). Multiple shoot regeneration from root organ cultures of Populus grandidentata. Plant Cell, Tissue and Organ Culture. 20:53-57. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00034757
- Sung TK, Lee JS and Lee HG. (2012). Benzo(a)pyrene contents in commercial vegetable oils and changes during processing of vegetable oils. Korean Journal of Food Science and Technology. 44:269-273. https://doi.org/10.9721/KJFST.2012.44.3.269
- Wang ZH, Li CH, Zhang CG and Wang XD. (1998). Study on the wild ginseng and cultured ginseng in northeast of china. Proceedings of International Symposium on Ginseng. 109-114.
- Yang BW, Han ST and KO SK. (2006). Quantitative analysis of ginsenosides in red ginseng extracted under various temperature and time. Korean Journal of Pharmacognosy. 37:217-220.
- Yang SJ, Woo KS, Yoo JS, Kang TS, Noh YH, Lee JS and Jeong HS. (2006). Change of korean ginseng components with high temperature and pressure treatment. Korean Society of Food Science and Technology. 38:521-523.
- Yang HC. (1977). Studies on the saponin of ginseng leaves. Research Paper in Chungnam University. 8:117-121.
- Yi JH, Kim MY, Kim YC, Jeong WS, Bae DW, Hur JM and Jun MR. (2010). Change of ginsenoside composition in red ginseng processed with citric acid. Food Science and Biotechnology. 19:647-653. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10068-010-0091-1
- Yoo BS, Chang MS and Byun SY. (2003). Characterization of cell cultures and ginsenoside production by cultured ginseng and wild mountain ginseng. Korean Journal of Biotechnology and Bioengineering. 18:133-139.
- Yu KW, Murthy HN, Jeong CS, Hahn EJ and Paek KY. (2005). Organic germanium stimulates the growth of ginseng adventitious roots and ginsenoside production. Process Biochemistry. 40:2959-2961. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.procbio.2005.01.015
- Yeom MH, Lee JY, Kim JS, Park CW, Kim DH and Kim HK. (2010). The anti-aging effects of korean ginseng berry in the skin. Process Biochemistry. 41:26-30.
- Enhancement of Ginsenosides Conversion Yield by Steaming and Fermentation Process in Low Quality Fresh Ginseng vol.22, pp.3, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7783/KJMCS.2014.22.3.223
- Physicochemical Properties and Composition of Ginsenosides in Red Ginseng Extract as Revealed by Subcritical Water Extraction vol.47, pp.6, 2015, https://doi.org/10.9721/KJFST.2015.47.6.757
- Influence of organic acids and heat treatment on ginsenoside conversion 2017, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jgr.2017.07.008
- Antioxidant Activities of Processed Deoduck (Codonopsis lanceolata) Extracts vol.42, pp.6, 2013, https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2013.42.6.924