- Volume 21 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Semi-Active Control of a Suspension System with a MR Damper of a Large-sized Bus
MR 댐퍼를 이용한 대형 버스 현가장치의 반능동 제어
- 윤호상 ((주)현대자동차 남양연구소) ;
- 문일동 ((주)대한항공항공기술연구소) ;
- 김재원 (전북대학교 대학원 바이오나노시스템공학과) ;
- 오재윤 (전북대학교 기계시스템공학부) ;
- 이형원 (전북대학교 대학원 기계시스템공학과)
- Received : 2012.01.13
- Accepted : 2012.04.06
- Published : 2012.08.15
In this work, the semi-active control of a large-sized bus suspension system with an MR damper was studied. An MR damper model that can aptly describe the hysteretic characteristics of an MR damper was adopted. Parameter values of the MR damper model were suitably modified by considering the maximum damping force of a passive damper used in the suspension system of a real large-sized bus. In addition, a fuzzy logic controller was developed for semi-active control of a suspension system with an MR damper. The vertical acceleration at the attachment point of the MR damper and the relative velocity between sprung and unsprung masses were used as input variables, while voltage was used as the output variable. Straight-ahead driving simulations were performed on a road with a random road profile and on a flat road with a bump. In straight-ahead driving simulations, the vertical acceleration and pitch angle were measured to compare the riding performance of a suspension system with a passive damper with that of a suspension with an MR damper. In addition, a single lane change simulation was performed. In the simulation, the lateral acceleration and roll angle were measured in order to compare the handling performance of a suspension system using a passive damper with that of a suspension system using an MR damper.
- Nam, H. M., 2000, "Performance Characteristics of Seat Damper Using MR Fluid," KSMTE, Vol. 9, No. 6, 127-134.
- Karnopp, D., Crosby, M., and Farwood, R., 1974, "Vibration Control using Semi Active Force Generators," ASME J England, Vol. 96, No. 2, pp. 619-626. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.3438373
- Yao, G. Z., Yap, F. F., Chen, G., LI, W. H., and Yeo, S. H., 2002, "MR Damper and its application for Semi Active Control of Vehicle Suspension System," Mechatronics, Vol. 12, No. 7, pp. 963-973. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0957-4158(01)00032-0
- Haiping, D., Kam, Y. S., and James, L., 2005, "Semiactive H- Control of Vehicle Suspension with Magnetorheological Dampers," Journal of Sound and Vibration, Vol. 283, No. 3-5, pp. 981-996. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsv.2004.05.030
- Michele, I., Patrizio, T., and Mauro, M., 2006, "Development of a Heavy Truck Semi-Active Suspension Control," Control Engineering Practice, Vol. 14, No. 3, pp. 305-312. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conengprac.2005.03.019
- Beak, W. K., Yang, B. S., Lee, J. S., Kim, T. H., and Ryu, S. W., 2005, "1/4 Car Vibration Simulation Using an Empirical MR Damper Model," Journal of KSNVE, Vol. 15, No. 9, pp. 1016-1022. https://doi.org/10.5050/KSNVN.2005.15.9.1016
- Lee, H. S., Choi, S. B., and Lee, S. K., 2000, "Vibration Control of a Passenger Vehicle Featuring MR Suspension Unit," Journal of KSNVE, Vol. 11, No. 1, pp. 41-48.
- MSC.ADAMS, viewed 2001, ADAMS User's Manual, MacNeal-Schwendler Inc.
- MATLAB, viewed 2000, SIMULINK, Dynamic System Simulation for MATLAB, The Mathworks Inc.
- MATLAB/Fuzzy Logic Toolbox, viewed 2001, MATLAB /Fuzzy Logic Toolbox User's Manual, The Mathworks Inc.
- Spencer Jr, B. F., Dyke, S. J., Sain, M. K., and Carson, J. D., 1997, "Phenomenological Model of a Magnetorheological Damper," J. Eng. Mech., Vol. 123, No. 3, pp. 230-238. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9399(1997)123:3(230)
- Wen, Y. K., 1976, "Method of Random Vibration of Hysteretic Systems," Journal of Engineering Mechanics Division, ASCE, Vol. 102, No. 2, pp. 249-263.