- Volume 13 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
A Study on 3-Dimensional Advection-Diffusion Model Operating Density Current Generator in Agriculture Lake
물순환장치 가동에 따른 농업용저수지의 3차원 이송확산모의에 관한 연구
- An, Jae-Soon (R&D Institute, PEACE Co.) ;
- Lee, Young-Shin (Department of Environment Engineering, Hanseo University) ;
- Oh, Dae-Min (Water-Environmental Research Institute, HECOREA Inc.)
- Received : 2012.05.10
- Accepted : 2012.07.12
- Published : 2012.07.31
This study analyzed a 3D hydrodynamic advection diffusion using the EFDC model (Environmental Fluid Dynamics Code) in the agriculture lake to prevent stratification when we install a water circulator. EFDC model was predicted the range of the water circulator and various operational parameters ware derived for minimize the impact of the internal lake. Through EFDC simulation, water circulation is started overall circulation after 30days and a lake overall circulation showed that it was possible operated the water circulator after about 100days. Also, advection diffusion concentration was low in a lake when water circulator operate intermittent condition than continuous condition. And the entire circulation was stable in this condition. The S/B (Surface/Bottom) ratio can reduce the impact of lake as the surface water mixing a lot of. When the same condition (S/B ratio(3:1)), Case 8 (50days operation: 50days stop) of condition were able to minimize the impact of lake.
3D hydrodynamic advection diffusion;Water circulator;Agriculture lake;Stratification;S/B ratio
Grant : 2011년 미래유망 녹색환경기술 산업화 촉진사업
Supported by : 환경부
- Korea Rural Community Corporation, "Survey result water quality improvement for agricultural water", 2009.
- Sun Joo Kim, "Research on Methodology of Hydrodynamic-Water Quality and Stratification Modeling in Reservoir using EFDC", Chung nam national University, Doctoral Thesis, 2010.
- Jong Woon Yang, Dae Min Oh, Soung Jong Yoo, Shang Hoon Shin, Young Kyu Kim, Hyung Chul An, Yang Kun Lee, In Beom Ko, Ho Sub Kim, Guk Jin Lee, Jun Gyo Cherong, Young Shin Lee, "A Study on the Behavior of Water Quality using Density Current Generator (DCG) in a lake-Focused on DO, Temperature, Salinity-" Journal of Korean Society of Urban Environment, Vol.11, No1 49-55, 2011.
- Otsuka, K., Nakatani, N., Takahashi, Y., Ouchi, K., Awashima, Y. and Yamatogi, T. "Field Study of Seaweed Bed Restoration by a Density Current Generator" Conference Proc. of Japan Society of Naval Architects and Ocean Engineers Vol.3, pp.19 -22.(in Japanese), 2007.
- Ouchi, K., Yamatogi, T., Kobayashi. K. and Nakamura, M. "Density Current Generator-A New Concept Machine for Agitating and Upwelling a Stratified Water Area" Proc. of Ocean Community Conference 98 Baltimore USA, Marine Technology Society, Washington DC, pp.129-136. 1998.
- Hee Yun Kim, Bum Chul Kim, Kwang Sun Choi, Dong Il Seo, "Modeling of Thermal Stratification Transport of Density Flow in Soyang Reservoir Using the 2-D Hydrodynamic Water Quality Model, CE-QUAL-W2" The Korean Society of Water and Wastewater, Vol.15, No.1, pp.40-49, 2001.
- Moon Hyuck Kwon, "The Analysis of Density Current", Master of science in Civil Engineering Hanyang University, 2002.
- Dong Il Seo, "Stratification Characteristics and Water Quality Management Strategies of Daechung Lake" Korean Society of Environmental Engineering, Vol.20, No.9,pp .1219-1234, 1998.
- Bum Shick Shin, Kyu Han Kim, Jong Hyun Kim, Seung Hwa Baek, "Feasibilit Study for tidal power plant site in garolim bay using EFDC model", Journal of KSCOE, Vol.23, No.6, pp.489-495, 2011.
- Hamrick, J. M. "A three dimensional environmental fluid dynamics computer code: Theoretical and computational aspects", Special report, The college of William and Mary, Virginia institute of marine science, Glouceslter point, VA..1992.
- Hyun Woong Noh, Jang Suk Go, Jong woon Kim, Sun Jin Yoon, "A study on the water quatiliy and algae blooming characteristics of seosan goppoong Reservoir" Journal of CNIHE, Vol.14, pp.115-133, 2004.
- Sung Hoon KIM, "Hydrodynamic Analysis on Control Variables and Behavior in Destratification Process" Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, 97p. KAIST Doctoral Thesis, 2006.
- Korea Rural Community Corporation, "A study on the application measure of water quality model in each type of agricultural reservoir", 2010.
- Ho Youl Kim, "The proposal of turbidity criteria and trophic state index in arificial lakes", Chungbuk national University, Doctoral Thesis, 2018.
- Se Deok Seo, "Effect of water release operations on the turbidity distribution in daecheong dam reservoir", Chungbuk national University, Master Thesis, 2018.
- Jong Woon Yang, "Effect of behavior to generated density currents using water circulator on lake water", Hanseo University, Master Thesis, 2011.
- Han Yung Park, Dong Keun Lee, Han Il Kim,, "Lake water circulation equipment using convectional phenomenon", Journal of KFMA Conference, pp.520-525, 2006.
- Dae Min Oh, Jae Soon An, Young Shin Lee, "Application of EFDC for simulation of suspended sediment dynamics operating density current generator in lake", Journal of KSWQ Conference, pp.567-568, 2011.
- Flow Characteristics Analysis of the Decontamination Device with Mixing and Diffusion Using Radio-Isotopes Tracer vol.39, pp.5, 2017, https://doi.org/10.4491/KSEE.2017.39.5.282