- Volume 13 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Slope Stability due to Additional Embankment
제방 추가성토에 따른 사면안정
- Lee, Seung-Hyun (Dept. of Civil Engineering, Sunmoon University) ;
- Jang, In-Sung (Korea Ocean Research and Development Institute)
- Received : 2012.03.02
- Accepted : 2012.07.12
- Published : 2012.07.31
Consolidation and remedies for slope stability were considered for the slope with additional embankment. Transferred stresses due to additional embankment were assessed by the derived formula based on elasticity theory. Available remedies for slope stability with additional embankment including JSP method, stone column method and EPS method were studied. Caution needed for using JSP method is high pressure which can result in heaving of adjacent soils. Shortages of used case and noise of construction of stone column method are also considered for the safe remedy for slope stability.
- Anderson, M. G. and Richards K. S., Slope Stability, John Wiley & Sons.
- Florin, V. A., Fundamentals of Soil Mechanics", Vols. 1 and 2, Gosstroiizdat, Moscow, 1959.
- GEO-SLOPE (2002), SLOPE/W Manual. GEO-SLOPE International, Canada
- Harr, M. E., Foundations of Theoretical Soil Mechanics, McGraw-Hill Book Company, pp. 58-69, 1967.
- Kolosov, G. B., "Application of Complex Diagrams and the Theory of Functions of Complex Variables to the Theory of Elasticity," ONTI, 1935.
- Lee, S. H. and Han, J. T. (2011) "Estimation of Vertical Stress Developed in Subsurface due to Additional Embankment", Journal of the Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 12, No. 5, pp. 2410-2415. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2011.12.5.2410
- Nagaraj, T. S., and B. R. Srinivasa Murthy (1985) "Prediction of the Preconsolidation Pressure and Recompression Index of Soils," Geotech. Testing Journal, ASTM, Vol. 8, No. 4, pp. 199-202. https://doi.org/10.1520/GTJ10538J
- Nagaraj, T. S., and B. R. Srinivasa Murthy (1986) "A Critical Reappraisal of Compression Index," Geotechnique, London, Vol. 36, No. 1, March, pp. 27-32. https://doi.org/10.1680/geot.19184.108.40.206
- Wroth, C. P. (1979) "Correlation of some engineering properties of soils", 2d Int. Conf. on Behavior of Offshore Structures, London, pp. 121-132.