- Volume 13 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Case Study of Stress Concentration Ratio of Composite Ground Improved by Deep Cement Mixing Method
심층혼합처리공법으로 개량된 복합지반의 응력분담비에 대한 사례 연구
- Yoo, Wan-Kyu (Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Myongji University) ;
- Kim, Byoung-Il (Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Myongji University) ;
- Kim, Young-Uk (Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Myongji University)
- Received : 2012.04.05
- Accepted : 2012.07.12
- Published : 2012.07.31
Deep cement mixing method (DCM) is one of the most effective improving methods for deep soft ground. The strength of soft soil can be increased in a short period of time with less noise and vibration. However, it is necessary to determine the stress transferring and concentration ratio of the composite soft ground for estimating the settlement behaviors. In this study, a model test was undertaken to investigate the stress distribution of the improved soil. Results of the model test shows that stresses were concentrated mainly on the improved areas by DCM and the concentration ratios (35.4, 28.6, 27.02) were obtained using several different techniques. These were well in accordance with other previous research results (26.52, 32.5).
Soft ground;deep cement mixing(DCM);Stress concentration ratio;Loading test;Composite ground
- M. M. Kim, B. I. Kim, S. W. Lee and S. M. Cho, "Design of Soft Ground Saeron Publishing Company", 2004.
- B. W. Shin, T. U. Jung, J. W. Lee, S. Y. Cho and J. Y. Lee, "A Study on Deep Mixing Method of Reinforced Marine Clay using Cement treated Wall-type", 1998 Korean Society of Civil Engineers National Conference, Vol.1998, No.2, pp.256-258, 1998.
- Y. Heo and C. K. Lee, "A Study of Deep Mixing Method by Centrifugal Model Experimentals", Journal of Ind. Sci. and Tech. Institute, Vol.7, No.1, pp.39-54, 1993.
- J. H. Kim, "A Study on the Seismically-Induced Lateral Displacements of Caisson Quay Walls on Improved Soils", Master thesis, Dept. of Civil Eng., Yonsei Univ., 2001.
- M. Kamon and D. T. Bergado, "Ground Improvement Techniques", Proceedings of the 9th Asian Regional Conference on Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering, Bangkok, Thailand, Vol.2, pp.526-546, 1991.
- A. Porbaha, "State of the Art in Deep Mixing Technology. Part I : Basic Concepts and Overview", Ground Improvement, 2, pp.81-92, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1680/gi.1998.020204
- Y. Heo and C. K. Lee, "A Study on Deep Mixing Method of Reinforced Clay Foundation Using Cement Treated Piles", Journal of the Institute of Construction Technology, Vol.12, No.2, pp.33-43, 1993.
- D. T. Bergado, T. Ruenkrairergsa, Y. Taesiri and A. S. Balasubramaniam, "Deep Soil Mixing to Reduce Embankment Settlement", Ground Improvement J., Vol.3, No.3, pp.1-18, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1680/gi.1999.030101
- K. Petchgate, P. Jongpradist and S. Panmanajareonphol, "Field Pile Load Test of Soil-Cement Column in Soft Clay", Proceeding of the International Symposium 2003 on Soil/Ground Improvement and Geosynthetics in Waste Containment and Erosion Control Applications, Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand, pp.175-184, 2003.
- J. C. Chai, S. Y. Liu and Y. J. Du, "Field Properties and Settlement Calculation of Soil-Cement Column Improved Subsoil-A Case Study", Lowland Technology International, Vol.4, No.2, pp.51-58, 2002.
- J. Zheng and H. Huang, "Analytical solution of pile-soil stress ratio of soil-cement", Rock and Soil Mechanics(in Chinese), Vol.26, No.9, pp.1432-1436, 2005.
- M. Terashi, T. Okumura and T. Mitsumoto, "Report of The Port and Harbour Research Institute: Fundamental Properties of Lime-Treated Soils(1st Report)", Ministry of Transport(Japan). Vol. 16, No.1.pp 3-28, 1997.
- D. T. Bergado and G. A. Lorenzo, "Ground Improvement(Case Histories): Chapter 11; A Full-Scale Study on Cement Deep Mixing in Soft Bangkok Clay", Elsevier Geo-Engineering Book Series, Vol.3, 2005.