- Volume 13 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
A QoS Adaption Model on the Policy-Based Network Management in the IMS
IMS에서 정책 기반 네트워크 관리 QoS 적용 모델
- Han, Seok-Jun (Department of Electrical, Electronic and Communication Engineering, Korea University of Technology and Education) ;
- Lee, Jae-Oh (Department of Electrical, Electronic and Communication Engineering, Korea University of Technology and Education) ;
- Kang, Seung-Chan (Department of Electrical, Electronic and Communication Engineering, Korea University of Technology and Education)
- Received : 2012.04.13
- Accepted : 2012.07.12
- Published : 2012.07.31
The need of multimedia based application service is increasing as the number of smart mobile devices such as smart phone, tablet PC, and netbook is increasing rapidly and the development of application service like IPTV. There are various proposed policies to control the limited network resources. The IMS is used to control wired and wireless aggregation network to support multimedia services that are suitable to the user's need and the policy based models using the PDF of the IMS have emerged. In this paper, we propose the QoS adaption model using various protocols with the PDF of the IMS and the user scenario.
- 3GPP TS 23.228, "IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS); Stage 2", V10.0.0, March 2010.
- 3GPP TS 29.207, " Policy control over Go interface R7", June 2007.
- 3GPP TS 29.212, " Policy and Charging Control over Gx reference point", September 2007.
- 3GPP TR 23.802, "Architectural enhancements for end-to-end Quality of Service(QoS) R7", June 2007.
- Vallejo, Zaballos, Campos, Dalmau, "Optimizing the Usage of COPS Protocol in ITU-T NGN Architecture" AICT, May 2010.
- Nae-Son Lee, Jae-Oh Lee, "Police Based Network Management in the IMS", KNOM Review, Vol. 10, No.1, August 2007.
- Bo Yu, Dong Yu, Junying Jia, JinghuaLin, "A Review of the Policy-Based QoS Architecture in IMS", PCSPA 2010 pp. 189-192, September 2010.
- Gil Heo, Eunhoe Kim, Jaeyoung Choi, "An Extended SNMP-based Management of Digital Convergence Devices", Computer and Information Technology, June 2010.
- P. Calhoun, J. Loughney, E. Guttman, G. Zorn, J. Arkko, "Diameter Base Protocol", RFC 3588, September 2003.
- Pedro Gonçalves, Jose Luis Oliveira, and Rui L. Aguiar,"An evaluation of network management protocols",Integrated Network Management, 2009.
- J. Rosenberg et al., "SIP: Session Initiation Protocol.", IETF RFC 3261, June 2002.
- Performance Analysis of Policy-based QoS Algorithm in the IMS vol.19, pp.2, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7471/ikeee.2015.19.2.133