- Volume 13 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Development of the auto leveling mechanism for side-by-side refrigerator doors
양문형 냉장고 도어의 자동 단차 맞춤 메커니즘 개발
- Weng, Lei (School of Mechanical Engineering, Pusan National University) ;
- Yun, Jae-Deuk (School of Mechanical Engineering, Pusan National University) ;
- Jung, Yoong-Ho (School of Mechanical Engineering, Pusan National University, ERC/NSDM)
- Received : 2012.06.13
- Accepted : 2012.07.12
- Published : 2012.07.31
Recently the increasingly common large refrigerator is the side by side(SBS) refrigerator whose freezing chamber and refrigerating chamber are set side by side. But one of the biggest dissatisfaction of customers about SBS refrigerator is that the two doors don't meet the same height when they are closed. It is called door height difference(DHD). The main cause of DHD is the unevenness of floor on which a refrigerator is placed or the cabinet deformation caused by long time use. When the DHD is confirmed, the customer or maintenance personnel use wrench to adjust the support screw to make the refrigerator to reach the horizontal position. But for big refrigerator, it is not only difficult for women and old people who don't have enough force to adjust it, but also inappropriate to require customers to do this job. In order to resolve this problem, this research proposes a new mechanism which can detect the DHD and adjust two doors to the same height automatically. The adjustment would be completed during opening and closing the doors, avoid needing hard operation with wrench by hand.
Auto leveling hinge;Door height difference;SBS refrigerator
- Kwang-Cheol Shin, Soo-Won Chae, "A Study on the Door Height Difference of the SBS Refrigerator", 2004 KSME Fall Conference, pp.528-533, 2004.
- Boo Youn Lee, Chang Lim Lee, "Measurement and Evaluation of Door Height Difference of Side-by-Side Refrigerators", Bulletin of The Institute for Industrial Science, Vol. 31, No. 1, pp. 23-30, 2008.
- Guangkuan Yao, Hua Li, "A Device of Adjusting Refrigerator Door Height and Refrigerator", CN 201522171 U, 2010.
- Chang-Ho Lee, "Apparatus for Supporting Door in Refrigerator", KR-U-2000-0013315, 2000.
- Gwan-Sik Jeong, "Adjusting Apparatus for Refrigerator", KR-B1-10-0262396, 2000.
- Seon-Nam Mun, "Height Modulating Hinge Apparatus of Refrigerator doors", KR-B1-10- 0675777, 2007.
- Myeong-Su Kim, "Refrigerator Having Door Capable of Adjusting Height", KR-A-10-2006- 0125394, 2006.
- Structural Analysis of Cabinet in Built-in Side-by-Side Refrigerator and Evaluation of Door Height Difference and Door Flatness Difference vol.17, pp.2, 2018, https://doi.org/10.14775/ksmpe.2018.17.2.030
- An Advanced Prediction Technology of Assembly Tolerance for Vehicle Door vol.41, pp.4, 2018, https://doi.org/10.11627/jkise.2018.41.4.091