- Volume 13 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
CPW-fed Compact Slot Antenna Matched by T-shaped Stub
T형 스터브로 정합된 CPW급전 소형 슬롯 안테나
- Lee, Jong-Ig (Department of Electronics Engineering, Dongseo University) ;
- Yeo, Jun-Ho (School of Computer and Communication, Daegu University)
- Received : 2012.04.09
- Accepted : 2012.07.12
- Published : 2012.07.31
In this paper, a design method for a compact slot antenna fed by a coplanar waveguide (CPW) is studied. A T-shaped tuning stub is inserted inside a narrow rectangular slot and the slot is impedance matched to the CPW feedline by adjusting the width, length, and position of the stub. The resonance frequency is adjustable by the slot length and the antenna size can be reduced by bending the slot. The resonance frequency and impedance matching property of the compact slot antenna are similar to those of the half-wavelength slot antenna, which enables one to design compact antenna of this type with ease. A compact slot antenna for 2.45-GHz ISM band is designed, fabricated on an FR4 substrate (dielectric constant of 4.4 and thickness of 0.8 mm), and experimentally tested. The measured results agree well with the simulations, which confirms the validity of this study. The fabricated compact slot antenna shows an impedance bandwidth of 200 MHz(2.32-2.52 GHz) for a VSWR < 2, which is suitable for 2.45-GHz ISM band (2.4-2.48 GHz). The measured radiation patterns show
Slot antenna;Compact antenna;T-shaped tuning stub;CPW-fed antenna;Center-fed slot antenna
- R. Garg, et. al., Microstrip antenna design handbook. Boston, Artech House, 2001.
- M. K. Kim, K. Kim, Y. H. Suh, and I. Park, "A T-shaped microstrip-line-fed wide slot antenna," Proc. IEEE Antennas and Propag. Soc. Int. Symp, vol. 3, pp. 1500-1503, July 2000.
- H. D. Chen, "Broadband CPW-fed square slot antennas with a widened stub," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., vol. 51, no. 8, pp. 1982-1986, Aug. 2003. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAP.2003.814747
- A. A. Gheethan and D. E. Anagnostou, "Broadband and dual-band coplanar folded-slot antennas (CFSAs)," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Magazine, vol. 53, no. 1, pp. 80-89, Feb. 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/MAP.2011.5773572
- S. -Y. Chen and P. Hsu, "CPW-fed folded-slot antenna for 5.8 GHz RFID tags," Electron. Lett., vol. 40, no. 24, pp. 1516-1517, Nov. 2004. https://doi.org/10.1049/el:20046780
- Y. -F. Lin, et. al., "CPW-fed capacitive H-shaped narrow slot antenna," Electron. Lett., vol. 41, no. 17, pp. 940-942, Aug. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1049/el:20051571
- D. Ma and W. X. Zhang, "Broadband CPW-fed RFID antenna at 5.8 GHz," Electron. Lett., vol. 42, no. 22, pp. 1258-1259, Oct. 2006. https://doi.org/10.1049/el:20062595
- X. Hu and Q. Zhang, "Compact slot antenna for 2.4GHz RFID tags," Proc. EuCAP, pp. 2796-2798, 2009.
- P. Selvan and S. Raghavan, "CPW-fed folded spiral strip monopole slot antenna for 5.8 GHz RFID application," Proc. AEMC, pp. 1-3, 2009.
- C. Yu and X. Liu, "A wideband single chip inductor-loaded CPW-fed inductive slot antenna," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., vol. 56, no. 5, pp. 1498-1501, May 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAP.2008.919224
- Y. Yoshimura, "A microstripline slot antenna," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., vol. 20, no. 11, pp. 760-762, Nov. 1972. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMTT.1972.1127868
- J. P. Kim and W. S. Park, "Network modeling of an inclined and off-center microstrip-fed slot antenna," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., vol. 46, no. 8, pp. 1182-1188, Aug. 1998. https://doi.org/10.1109/8.718573