- Volume 13 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Job Satisfaction and Related Factors Among Nursing Officers
일부 간호장교의 직무만족도와 관련요인
- Kim, Eun-Hye (Graduate School of Public Health, Chungnam National University) ;
- Cho, Young-Chae (Department of Preventive Medicine and Public Health, Chungnam National University School of Medicine and Research Institute for Medical Sciences)
- Received : 2012.06.15
- Accepted : 2012.07.12
- Published : 2012.07.31
This study was performed to determine the job satisfaction and its association with sociodemographic and health related characteristics, job-related factors and job stress among nursing officers. The survey was administered to 350 nursing officers working at military hospitals of the ROK Armed Forces, from May 30 to June 15. The structured self-administered questionnaires were delivered and they were collected without respondents' personal information. As a results, The job satisfaction of respondents turned out to be significantly higher in the group of elder, current drunker, higher positional status, a longer job career, department of general wards, satisfied with their work, fit to the job, haven't considered quitting the job, lower job demand, higher decision latitude and higher support from supervisor. Especially, job stress is highly correlated with job satisfaction. Therefore, to initiate inner motives leading to higher job satisfaction to provide a better working environment for nursing officers, serious effort is necessary to improve the factors related with job stress.
Nursing officer;Job satisfaction;Job stress
- Park SA, Yun SN. Measurement of Job Satisfaction of Nurses and Health Workers in Health Centers. J Korean Academy of Nursing, 22(3):316-324, 1992.
- Lee HJ. A Study on the Determinants of Job Satisfaction and Organizational Commitment. Graduate School of EwhaWomans University, Master's thesis, 1994.
- Oh IS. A Study of the Duty-Related Satisfaction level of the Administrative Staffs in Private Universities. Graduate School of Education Hanyang University, Master's thesis, 1999.
- Weisman CS, Nathanson CA. Professional satisfaction and client outcomes: A comparative organizational analysis. Med Care, 23(10):1179-1192, 1985. https://doi.org/10.1097/00005650-198510000-00007
- McNeese-Smith DK, Van Servellen G. Age developmental and job stage influences on nurse outcomes. Outcomes Manage Nurs Pract, 4:97-104, 2000.
- Jang JY. An Anlaysis of Interdepartmental Conflict in Military Hospitals. Graduate School of Yonsei University, Master's thesis, 1995.
- Kim KH. Nursing Officers' Volunteer Trends for Long-term Services and Their Job Satisfaction. Graduate School of Public Administration Kyungpook National University, Master's thesis, 1991.
- Karasek RA, Theorell T, Schwartz JE, Schnall PL, Pieper CF, Michela JL. Job characteristics in relation to the prevalence of myocardial infarction in the US health examination survey(HES) and the health and nutrition examination survey(HANES). Am J Public Health, 78(8):910-918, 1988. https://doi.org/10.2105/AJPH.78.8.910
- Jang SJ, Cha BS, Won JO, Koh SB. A study on the distribution and risk factors for psychosocial distress, and the development of work site stress reduction program. Ministry of Health & Welfare. 2001.
- Slavitt DB, Stamps PL, Piedmont EB, Hasse AM. Nurses' satisfaction with their work situation. Nursing Research, 27(2):114-120, 1978.
- Kwon HH. Factors influencing job satisfaction and job leaving attitude of active working nurses in the Kangwon Province. Graduate School of Health Science & Welfare Management Pochon CHA University, Master's thesis, 2008.
- Lee KH. A Study on the Job Satisfaction of Nurse Officers. Graduate School of Public Administration Kyung Hee University, Master's thesis, 2003.
- Park AS. Effect on Job Satisfaction of Professional Job Perception, Job Stress and Social Support Among Nursing Officers. Graduate School of Public Health Chungnam National University, Doctor's thesis, 2011.
- Cho SH. A comparative study on the job satisfaction factor of military nursing officers and the general nurses in the general hospitals. Graduate School of Public Administration KonKuk University, Master's thesis, 2002.
- Lee ES. A Study on the Relationship between the Nurse's Job Satisfaction with Transferring to Nursing Unit in the General Hospital. Graduate School of Korea University, Master's thesis, 1988.
- Han CB. A Study on Role Conception and Job Satisfaction of Clinical Nurse. Graduate School of Public Administration Kyung Hee University, Master's thesis, 1996.
- Min KL. A Study on the Effect of Job Stress on Job Satisfaction of Outpatient Nurses. Graduate School of Health & Science Soonchunhyang University, Master's thesis, 2009.
- Kim BJ. The Study on the Job Satisfaction of Nurses in a 3-shift after the operation of 5-day-a-week working system. Graduate School of Public Administration Kyung Hee University, Master's thesis, 2007.
- Han YM. A Study on the Correlation between the Stress-Coping Strategies and the Job Satisfaction. Graduate School of Education Sogang University, Master's thesis, 1998.
- Kim JJ. Organizational Behavior. Parkyoungsa, 1998.
- Kim BS.. An Effect of the Authority Centralization and the Work Autonomy of Organizational on job Satisfaction-Focused on the constructive and Administrative group in the city of Chun-Cheon. Graduate School of Information Science & Public Administration, Master's thesis, 2009.
- Bong YS. The Factors Influencing the Job Satisfaction of Nurses. Graduate School of Chonnam National University, Master's thesis, 2007.
- Blegen, Mary A. Nurses' Job Satisfactions: A meta-analysis of related variables. Nursing Research, 42:36-41, 1993.
- Raymond T Coward, Claydell Horne, R Paul Duncan, Jeffrey W Dwyer. Job satisfaction among hospital nurses: Facility size and location comparisons. The Joural of Rural Health, 8(4):255-267, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1748-0361.1992.tb00366.x
- Professional Job Perception and Job Satisfaction, and Its Related Factors Among Medical Recorders Engaged in General Hospitals vol.15, pp.7, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.7.4258
- Professional Job Perception and Its Related Factors among Medical Recorders engaged in General Hospitals vol.14, pp.1, 2016, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.1.229