- Volume 13 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Contraceptive Knowledge and Contraceptive Attitude of Female Nursing Students of a College
일개 전문대학 간호과 여학생들의 피임지식과 피임태도
- Lee, Inn-Sook (Department of Nursing, Gangdong College) ;
- Cho, A-Young (The Heritage Nursing Facility)
- Received : 2012.04.09
- Accepted : 2012.07.12
- Published : 2012.07.31
This study was conducted in order to investigate the contraceptive knowledge, contraceptive attitude and the relationship of the two variables of female nursing students of a college. In this study, 254 female nursing college students by a convenience sample method were studied. Data were collected from October, 17 to November, 11, 2011 and analysed using SPSS/PC Win 12.0 program. Results: The contraceptive knowledge of the subjects significantly differed according to the grade, school record, premarital sexual intercourse, premarital residence, experience of hugging, kissing, and petting. The contraceptive attitude of the subjects significantly differed according to contraceptive education at home, experience of hugging, kissing, and petting. Contraceptive knowledge and contraceptive attitude showed significant positive relationship. The factors influencing contraceptive knowledge were grade, school record, opinion on premarital cohabitation, and the experience of petting. The factors influencing contraceptive attitude were the experience of hugging and contraceptive education at home. College should provide nursing students adequate contraceptive education program according to their general and sexual behavior characteristics.
Female college student;Contraceptive knowledge;Contraceptive attitude
Supported by : 강동대학교
- J. H. Choi, K. E. Kim, and M. A. Shin, "Contraceptive knowledge, contraceptive attitude, and contraceptive use among college students: function of gender, age, and residence", Korean Journal of Human Ecology, Vol. 19, No. 3, pp. 511-512, 2010. https://doi.org/10.5934/KJHE.2010.19.3.511
- G. Y. Kim, H. B. No, S. H. Park, M. H. Yoo, Y. R. Jung, Y. H. Cho, and Y. A. Choi, "Study on the knowledge, barrier level, and application aspect on contraception of university students", Journal of Ehwa Nursing, Vol. 41, pp. 55-71, 2007.
- H. J. Lee, and H. S. Kang, "Rates and methods of contraception among Korean adolescents from 2007 to 2009", Korean Journal of Women Health Nursing, Vol. 17, No. 2, pp. 148-156, 2011. https://doi.org/10.4069/kjwhn.2011.17.2.148
- S. Campo, N. M. Askelson, E. L. Spies, and M. Losch, "Preventing unintended pregnancies and improving contraceptive use among young adult women in a rural, midwestern state: health promotion implications", Women & Health, Vol. 50, No. 3, pp. 279-296, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1080/03630242.2010.480909
- K. Dinas, V. Ahiropoulos, G. Mavromatidis, E. Chatzipantelis, L. Zepiridis, T. Theodoridis, et al., "Current contraceptive awareness and use in greek dental school students", Journal of Women's Health, Vol. 18, No.3, pp. 387-391, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1089/jwh.2008.0832
- R. H. Wang, H. H. Wang, and M. T. Hsu, "Factors associated with adolescent pregnancy-a sample of Taiwanese female adolescents", Public Health Nursing, Vol. 20, No. 1, pp.33-41, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1525-1446.2003.20105.x
- J. E. Song, and H. J. Chae, "Knowledge and educational need about contraceptive according to sex in college students", Korean Journal of Women Health Nursing, Vol. 16, No. 4, pp. 399-408, 2010. https://doi.org/10.4069/kjwhn.2010.16.4.399
- H. S. Kang, "Development of a scale for attitude toward emergency contraceptive pills's use", Journal of the Korean Data Analysis Society, Vol. 9, No. 3, pp. 1153-1163, 2007.
- J. Y. Cho, S. W. Han, and M. S. Song, "Personality-based contraception behavior of female college students". Korean Journal of Women Health Nursing, Vol. 12, No. 4, pp. 338-347, 2006.
- S. W. Hwang, and C. W. Chung, "Contraception behavior and related factors in unmarried female and male", Korean Journal of Women Health Nursing, Vol. 17, No. 1, pp. 77-87, 2011. https://doi.org/10.4069/kjwhn.2011.17.1.77
- H. S. Kang, "Emergency contraceptive pills: knowledge, attitude, and intention of high school girls in Korea", Korean Journal of Women Health Nursing, Vol. 15, No. 4, pp. 336-343, 2009. https://doi.org/10.4069/kjwhn.2009.15.4.336
- I. S. Lee, and J. Y. Cho, "Comparative study on the contraceptive knowledge and self-efficacy according to the career tract of high school female students", Journal of the Korean Data Analysis Society, Vol. 21, No. 2, pp. 1-14, 2008.
- J. Y. Cho, and I. S. Lee, "Sexual behavior, knowledge, self-efficacy and perceived risk on contraception of male high school students", Journal of the Korean Data Analysis Society, Vol. 12, No. 6, pp. 3179-3192, 2010.
- H. J. Lim, and Y. H. Cho, "A study on knowledge and attitude about oral contraceptives in university students", Journal of Korean Academy of Public Health Nursing, Vol. 16, No. 2, pp. 412-422, 2002.
- M. H. Hur, H. Y. Ann, E. A. Kwak, K. M. Kim, J. Y. Park, and J. I. R. Lee, "A study on sexual behavior, and correlation between knowledge of contraception and attitude of contraception among university students", Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, Vol. 37, No. 3, pp. 267-275, 2007. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2007.37.3.267
- M. J. Kim, "Structual euation model explaining contraception behaviors of married Korean women", Korean Journal of Women Health Nursing, Vol. 7, No. 2, pp. 141-156, 2001.
- M. J. Kim, and H. S. Kang, "A comparative study of consistent and inconsistant contraceptive users on partner communication, perceived contraceptive control, and sexual autonomy", Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, Vol. 33, No. 6, pp. 784-791, 2003. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2003.33.6.784
- F. Faul, E. Erdfelder, A. G. Lang and A. Buchner, G*Power3: A flexible statistical power analysis program for the social, behavioral, and biomedical sciences, Behavior Research Methods, Vol. 39, pp. 175-191, 2007. https://doi.org/10.3758/BF03193146
- S. V. Von, C. K. Kovar, C. Brown, and M. Armbruster, "The need for sexual health information: perceptions and desires of young adults", American Journal of Maternity & Child Nursing, Vol. 31, No 6, pp. 373-380, 2006.
- E. R. Scott, C. S. Darcy, C. Jill, and K.. Michael, "Information about human sexuality : source, satisfaction, and perceived knowledge among college students", Sex Education, Vol. 11, No. 4, pp. 471-487, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1080/14681811.2011.601133
- H. S. Kang, "Knowledge and attitude toward emergency contraceptive pills of high school health teachers in Korea", Journal of the Korean Data Analysis Society, Vol. 10, No. 2B, pp. 713-725, 2008.