- Volume 13 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
A study of inpatient satisfaction levels at general hospitals
일 지역 상급종합병원 입원환자의 만족도 연구
- Jung, Sang-Jin (Department of Health Administration, Gwangju Health College University)
- 정상진 (광주보건대학교 보건행정과)
- Received : 2012.03.28
- Accepted : 2012.07.12
- Published : 2012.07.31
This study provides fundamental data in order to obtain improved medical services and competitiveness by analyzing the satisfaction level of patients receiving inpatient services at general hospitals. Data from self-administered surveys distributed to inpatient subjects at local general hospitals was collected from 09/19/2011 to 09/30/2011. Firstly, the results of 320 surveys show that the average level of satisfaction from inpatient services was 3.25 (maximum 4.0). Secondly, the results from general characteristics and satisfaction from medical care provider services showed that there is a statistical significance regarding medical treatment, health condition, the number of times admitted to the hospital, and hospital environment including hospital admittance/release proceeders. Also the satisfaction with other services is statistically significant with regards to age, medical treatment, health condition, and the number of times admitted to the hospital. Thirdly, there is a statistically significant positive correlation between inpatient services and levels of satisfaction. Finally, from the analysis of factors influencing inpatient satisfaction showed that physician services and other services significantly affect satisfaction. In conclusion, in order to increase inpatient levels of satisfaction the workforce involved medical treatment of patients need to be retained and a variety of programs need to be in operation that will satisfy patients while they stay in the hospital. Further research is expected.
General Hospital;Inpatient;Satisfaction;Physician Evaluation;Nurse Evaluation
- Salancilk, G. R., & Feller, J. P., "An examination of need satisfaction models of Job satisfaction"'. Administrative Science Quarterly, 16, pp. 176-179, 1977.
- Bae, SK, Nam, EW & Park, JY, "A Study on Major Factors on Patient Satisfaction of General Hospitals in Korea - Analysis of factors associated with in Health Service Evaluation Program by the Korean Government-", Korean journal of hospital management, 10(2), pp. 27-44, 2005.
- Park, JS, "The Relationship of National University Hospital Inpatient's Perceived Quality, Satisfaction, and Customer Loyalty", Korean journal of hospital management, 9(4), pp. 45-69, 2004.
- "Regional health care utilization from 2006 to 2008 results", President of the National Health Insurance Corporation, 2008.
- Kim, WL, Lee, MY, Moon, HS & Chung, MK, "A study on the gratification of the patient in the Dental Hospital", The Journal of the Korean academy of prosthodontic society, 46(1), pp. 65-82, 2008.
- Choi, BS & Kang, HY, "Patient Satisfaction and Need on Hospital Services at a City", Chonnam Journal of Nursing Science, 10(1), pp. 23-34, 2005.
- Kim, YH & Yoon, BJ, "A Study on the Patient Satisfaction by Hospital Service Evaluation System and Analysis of Difference by Factors", Annual Bulletin of Institute of Hospital Management, 2(1), 1996.
- Min, S & Kim, JS, "Patients' Satisfaction With the Services of University Hospitals in Local Cities", The J. of Korean Community Nursing, 14(4), pp. 6-7, 2003.
- Kim, MK, "A study of customer satisfaction with the medical service : focused on the K University Medical Center", Graduate School of Public Administration Konkuk University, 2010.
- Ahn, ES, "Comparison of Satisfaction in Nursing Service Percepted by the Patients and the Nurses",Graduate School, Kong ju National University, 2009.
- Park, YO, Kim, MS, Ko, EJ & Hong, CH, "QI Activities for Promotion of Patient's Satisfaction", Journal of Korean Society of Quality Assurance in Health Care, 5(2), pp. 317-323, 1998.
- Lee, KS, Lee, HJ, Cho, KS & Seol, DJ, "The Satisfaction Analysis for Patient Care Service in National University Hospitals", Korean journal of hospital management, 3(2), pp. 165-191, 1997.
- Kong, MH, "A Study on Patients' Satisfaction with Hospitalization Services and their Reuse or Recommendation of the Hospital to Others", Graduate School of Administration Hanyang University, 1999.
- Shin, JY, Yoon, BJ & Lee, EP, "A Study on the Degree of Medical Service Satisfaction and Need by Some Community Population", J. of the Korean Society of Health Statistics, 25(2), pp. 61-72, 2001.
- Jo, HJ, "Analysis of factors affecting on the satisfaction of patients in university hospitals," Graduate School of public Administration Chung-ang University, 2009.
- Factors Affecting Women's Satisfaction with Hospital Environment Following Childbirth vol.14, pp.11, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.11.5627
- Complex relationship between Hospital management performance and the degree of the regional competition (Focusing on the Regional Public Hospital) vol.13, pp.10, 2015, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.10.405
- Factors affecting the hospital profitability (Focusing on the convergence of differences in financial performance of the surplus and deficit hospital) vol.13, pp.11, 2015, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.11.267