- Volume 13 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Well-Being Levels and Well-Being Behavior, and Its Related Factors Among Women in Daegu City
대구지역 거주 여성들의 웰빙 수준 및 웰빙 행동에 관련된 요인
- Yoo, Su-Jung (Dept. of Rehabilitation Science, Graduate School of Daegu University) ;
- Cho, Sung-Hyoun (Dept. of Rehabilitation Science, Graduate School of Daegu University) ;
- HwangBo, Gak (Dept. of Rehabilitation Science, Graduate School of Daegu University)
- Received : 2012.06.22
- Accepted : 2012.07.12
- Published : 2012.07.31
The purpose of this study was to examine the characteristics of well-being behavior of women living in Daegu and analyze their well-being levels according to their socio-demographic variables, thereby determining the effects of each variable on well-being behavior. A survey of 320 women was conducted and T-test, ANOVA was conducted for the well-being levels and well-being behavior based on socio-demographic variables. Multiple regression analysis was analyze the factors affecting well-being behavior. The major findings of this study were as follows. A higher level of education led to a higher level of well-being. Moreover, educational or counseling workers, those with higher monthly incomes, those with higher expenses spent on self-management, those who considered their physical condition good, and those who drank once or twice a week showed higher levels of well-being. According to the analysis of the variables influencing well-being behavior, those with an older age, a higher level of education, and higher expenses for self-management and non-smokers revealed higher degrees of involvement in well-being behavior. We need to maintain women's identity by establishing values of and beliefs in well-being and inspiring them with healthy consciousness of well-being so that we can encourage them to participate in sound well-being behavior.
Well-being levels;Well-being behavior;Quality of living
- Y. J. Song, "Comparative analysis purchasing behavior of well-being cosmetics & food according to the consumer's behavior type", Master Thesis, Sungshin Women's University, 2011.
- Y. S. Baik, "A study on the well-being trend in contemporary fashion & design", Master Thesis, Chung-Ang University, 2004.
- D. J. Lee, "Well-being in the lifestyle of analysis and measurement methods by improving consumer value", Marketing, Vol. 39, No. 7, pp. 34-40, 2005.
- C. L. M. Keyes, S. J. Lopez, "Toward a science of mental health: Positive directions in diagnosis and interventions. In C. R. Snyder, S. J. Lopez (Eds.), Handbook of positive psychology", New York: Oxford University Press, pp. 45-59, 2002.
- T. Kasser, "The good life or goods life? Positive psychology and personal well-being in the culture of consumption", NJ: Wiley, pp. 55-67, 2004.
- C. D. Ryff, B. H. Singer, "Psychological well-being: Meaning, measurement, and implications for psychotherapy research", Psychotherapy and Psychosomatics, Vol. 65, No. 1, pp. 14-23, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1159/000289026
- J. Y. Lee, "A study on well-being behaviors in Korea-In relation with perception of well-being and lifestyle", Master Thesis, Sungshin women's University, 2005.
- C. E. Ferrans, "Development of a conceptual model of quality of life", Scholarly Inquiry for Nursing Practice: International Journal, Vol. 10, No. 3, pp. 293-304, 1996.
- E. Y. Kim, " A study on aspects and alternatives of aesthetics in a cultural phenomenon of well-being", Master Thesis, Yong-In University, 2004.
- P. Thoits, L. N. Hewitt, "Volunteer work and well-being", Journal of Health & Social Behavior, Vol. 42, No. 6, pp. 115-131, 2001. https://doi.org/10.2307/3090173
- M. Tausig, R. Fenwick, "Recession and well-being", Journal of Health and Social Behavior, Vol. 40, No. 3, pp. 1-16, 1999. https://doi.org/10.2307/2676375
- Y. S. Kim, Y. J. Kim, "A study on the well-being commodities consumer competency and post purchase behavior", Journal of Marketing, Vol. 10, No. 2, pp. 77-108, 2007.
- J. K. Thompson, M. Troester, "Consumer value system in the age of postmodern fragmatism: The case of the natural health microculture", Consumer Res, Vol. 28, No. 3, pp. 550-571, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1086/338213
- S. H. B. Kim, "A study on the relations between well-being perception and well-being behaviors", Journal of Beauty Industry", Vol. 2, No. 2, pp. 33-49, 2007.
- Y. J. Son, K. W. Hong, "A study on how well-being influences consumer behavior and restaurant choice", The Korean Journal of Culinary Research, Vol. 15, No. 1, pp. 209-224, 2009.
- S. J. Lim, S. Y. Auh, "The research on the ecological influential factors of the perceived quality of life among the middle aged adults", Journal of the Korean Family Resource Management Association, Vol. 15, No. 4, pp. 129-147, 2011.
- T. H. Yoon, S. C. Chon, C. H. Yi, "The quality of life and health behavior among the elderly in long term care insurance based on Korean National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (KNHANES)", Journal of the Korean Academy of University Trained Physical Therapists, Vol. 16, No. 3, pp. 70-78, 2009.
- H. K. Lee, S. C. Kim, "An integrative approach of psychological variables for predicting the physical activity of adults", Journal of Korean Association of Physical Education, Vol. 50, No. 2, pp. 129-138, 2011.
- H. S. Pack, "Effect of 'Well-being' perception on purchase of well-being fashion products", Journal of the Korea Society, Vol. 30, No. 5, pp. 711-721, 2006.
- M. J. Kim, "Related factors estimation of consumer's well-being attitude and well-being purchasing behavior", The institute of living culture Sungshin women's University, Vol. 22, pp. 1-28, 2008.
- C. K. Park, J. R. Lee, "Differential gender effects of family disorganization on the health and quality of life", Health and Social Welfare Review, Vol. 30, No. 1, pp. 142-169, 2010. https://doi.org/10.15709/hswr.2010.30.1.142
- S. Y. Bae, D. S. Ko, J. S. Noh, B. H. Lee, H. S. Park, J. Park, "Relation of physical activity and health-related quality of life in Korean elderly", Journal of the Korea contents association, Vol. 10, No. 1, pp. 255-266, 2010. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.10.10.255
- J. H. Lee, K. O. Kim, "The effect on sports consumption activities by general consumer`s well-being value and well-being attitude", Journal of the Korean society for the sociology of sport, Vol. 25, No. 1, pp. 51-72, 2012. https://doi.org/10.22173/jksss.2012.25.1.51
- B. S. Kim, M. J. Kim, "Well-being consumption value and the typology of well-being Consumers", Journal of the Korean Society of Consumer Policy and Education, Vol. 7, No. 2, pp. 103-124, 2011.