- Volume 13 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Research on democratic civic education for young children recognized by childcare teacher
보육교사가 인식하는 영유아 민주시민교육에 대한 연구
- Kim, Yong-Sook (Joong-Bu University Early Childhood Education)
- 김용숙 (중부대학교 유아교육과)
- Received : 2012.03.29
- Accepted : 2012.07.12
- Published : 2012.07.31
This study aimed at analyzing teachers' perception of democratic civic education. A total of 200 childcare teachers participated in the survey, and frequency analysis and cross-tabulation analysis were performed to analyze the survey data. According to the results of the study, first, the childcare teachers were significantly different in the teachers' factors on necessity and difficulty of democratic civic education. The childcare teachers perceived the necessity of democratic civic education, and attributed the cause of the difficulties in democratic civic education to parents' attitudes. Second, there weren't significant differences in the teacher's factors on the content and methods of democratic civic education. Therefore, in this study, it is emphasized that democratic civic education is related to young children's homes and communities, and reorganization of democratic civic education programs based on development of young children is suggested.
Childcare teacher;Young children;Democratic civic education
- Ministry of Education, The 2007 Revised National Kindergarten Curriculum. Ministry of Education. 2008.
- Ministry of Education, Narae 21. November issue, 2010.
- Kim Kyong Ae, Difference of perception between teachers and parents on the role performance of edu-care teachers. Master's Thesis of Graduate School of Education, Kangnam University, 2000.
- Kim KyuSoo, Kim Sookda, Ahn YeunKyeong, Kim HyunJoung, Shin SuHee, A Investigation Study on Kindergarten of Teachers Awareness of Reunificationeducation and Democratic Civic-education for Young Children. Journal of Korea Open Association for Early Childhood Education, 9(1), 119-14, 2004.
- Kim Sook Ja, Ko Jeong lee, An Investigation Study on Kindergarten Teachers' Awareness of Democratic Civic-deucation for Young Children. Journal of Future Early Childhood Education, 11(3), 191-215, 2004.
- Kim Suk Ja, Kim Kyu Soo, Kwak Sang Sin, Seo Seong Mi, An Analysis of Teaching Behaviors related to Reunification and Democratic Public Education Practices in Korean Urban and Rural Region Kindergartens. Journal of Future Early Childhood Education, 10(3), 57-82, 2003.
- Kim Young Ok, Choi Mi Sook, A Study on Contents Methods, and Teachers' Perceptions of Early Childhood Citizenship Education in a multicultural Perspective. Journal of Early Childhood Education, 15(1), 39-58, 1995.
- Kim Yong Sook, Study on Development of the Program Model of Democratic Civic Education for Kindergarten.. Doctoral Dissertation Thesis of Graduate School of Education, Han Nam University, 2004.
- Kim, Jung Hee, Moon, Hyuk Jun, A Study on the Differences of Child Care Teachers' Perceptions of Empowerment according to Individual Variables. Early Childhood Education Research & Review, 15(5), 445-466, 2001.
- Park Kyung Ja, Kim, Song Yi, Kwon Yeon Hee, Guiding children's social development : theory to practice. joint translation. Seoul: kyomunsa, 2005.
- Ministry of Health and Welfare, 2th National Standard Childcare Curriculum. Ministry of Health and Welfare, 2012.
- Seol Kyu Joo, The Rise of Global Civil Society and the Orientation of Multicultural Citizenship Education. Association of Social Education, 43(4), 31-5. 2004.
- Ok Il Nam, A case Study on Civic Education in an American Family. Theory and Research in Citizenship Education, 42(2), 119-156, 2010.
- Choi Suk Ran, Citizenship Education for Young Children in Global Age. The journal of the Institute of Social Science, 18, 187-206, 2011.
- Choi Ji Uoon, The Democracy citizen education and teacher-training. Korea Democracy Foundation, 72-77, 2009.
- Hong Young Hee, The Establishment of Citizenship Education in the Ages of Globalization. Journal of ethics Education, 55, 259-28, 2004.
- Baumrind, D. Child Maltreatment and Optimal Care-giving in Social Contexts. New York: Garland Publishing, 1995.
- Devine, D., Children's citizenship and the structuring of adult-child relations in the primary school. Childhood: A Global Journal of Child Research, 9(3), 303-320, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1177/0907568202009003044
- Honig, A. S. & Wittmer, D. S., Helping children become more presocial: Ideas for classrooms, families, schools and communities. Young Children, 51(2), 62-70, 1996.
- Kohn, A., Beyond Discipline: From Compliance to Community. Alexandria. Virg.: Association for Supervision and Curriculum Develoment, 1996.
- Michaelis, G., Politic education and its role after the unification of Germany local self-government, August issue, 3, 1997.
- Roche, J., Children: Rights, participation and citizenship. Childhood: A Global Journal of Child Research, 6(4), 475-493, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1177/0907568299006004006
- Vasta, R., Haith, M. M. & Miller, S. A., Child Psychology(3rd ed). New York: Wiley, 1998.