- Volume 13 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
The Study on the relationship between the brain function of obese population and their level of obesity based on brainwave
뇌파기반 성인 비만인의 뇌기능과 비만도와의 상관성 연구
- Kim, Sun-Hyung (Dept. of Information Management Seoul University of Venture & Information) ;
- Bak, Ki-Ja (Dept. of Information Management Seoul University of Venture & Information) ;
- Yi, Seon-Gyu (Dept. of Information Management Seoul University of Venture & Information)
- Received : 2012.04.17
- Accepted : 2012.07.12
- Published : 2012.07.31
This study was to examine the correlation between the brain function of adult suffering from obesity and the level of their obesity based on brainwave measurements. Based on the result of Body Composition Analysis (BCA) examination, population of 651 overweight pupils was chosen from June 2011 to December of 2012 in S city, I hospital. These patients were measured by timeseries linear analysis for their brain function and observed via brainwave activities. The results have been thus far; first, as their BMI (Body Mass Index) and level of obesity (body fat percentage) were higher, degree of mental stress and resistant to stress marked lower. These results prove that by managing the stress resistant ability and attention ability, self-controlling ability, one can expect a positive effect on finding a methods to ease the obese-related problems.
- K J. Bak, "A Study about an Obesity Brain Quotient by Brain Measurement and Difference in Age: J. Kor. Soc. Vol.13. No. 2 p.497-506.
- J. W, Bhun, "Bibliographic Study on Obesity" A master's thesis Wonkang University 1998,
- S. Y. Park, "The Rrelationship Between Eating Attitud e and Level of Depression, Anxiety and Stress of Wo men Wisiting Weight Management Clinic", A master's thesis Yonsei university. 2006.
- E. O. Yang "Relationship between obesity and Body I mage on Depression among Women": A master's thesis Ajou university School of Public Health. 2009.
- D. S. Kim, C. O. Choi, "Electroencephalogram Ins pection learning", Seoul: Korea medical, 2001.
- K. J. Bak, B. Y, Park, S. K., Ahn "A Study on the effects of one's blood type on emotional character of children", The Korea Academia-Indust rial Cooperation Society 9(6), pp.1818-1824. 2008c. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2008.9.6.1818
- P. W. Park, "The Foundation of Neurufeedback", Seoul: Korea Research Institute Jungshin Science, 2005.
- Y. J. Kim, "Development of Brain Circulation Learning Model Based on EEG Analysis of Learning Activities". Unpublished Doctoral Dissertation, Seoul National University, 2000.
- K J. Bak, "A Study on the Effects of Neurofeedback Training on the Resistance Stress of Children", The Korea Acdemia-Industrial Cooperation Society, 11(3), pp. 1066-1071, 2010a. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2010.11.3.1066
- J. A. Kim "Obesity and Heart rate variability: Korea university ph, D 2002.
- S. K. Ahn, K .J. Bak, "The Effect of Brainwave Training on Students' Acadamic Achievement & Ability of Resisting Stress), - for the Primary Student - The Korea Academia--Indus strial Cooperation Society, 10(10), pp. 2952-2958, 2009. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2009.10.10.2952
- I, Y. Han, "Obesity and Depression in Women at an Obesity Clini"c: KAMJE vl n10,n4 PP.147-153 .2010.