- Volume 13 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
An Analysis on the Current Farm Management Record Practices and Characteristics
농업인의 경영기록 실태 및 특성 분석
- Lee, Sang-Hak (Division of Agricultural Economics, Pusan National University) ;
- Choi, Se-Hyun (Division of Agricultural Economics, Pusan National University) ;
- Son, Chan-Soo (Division of Technology & Farm Management, Rural Development Administration) ;
- Ha, Hyun-Jung (Division of Agricultural Economics, Pusan National University)
- Received : 2012.04.10
- Accepted : 2012.07.12
- Published : 2012.07.31
Record-keeping is one of the most fundamental practices in good farm management as it shows a systemic managerial and analytic data essential for a successful farm operation. Despite such obvious benefits in record-keeping, however, today`s farmers do not take advantage of this practice for various reasons. To make the matter worse, not much research has been done to resolve this incompatibility. Therefore, it is urgent for both the government and the farmers to come up with a better method or book of record-keeping that will show the farmers where their operation has been in the past, where it is now, and where it is heading in the future. This study will survey and analyze the current status of record-keeping practice among farmers using statistic models such as logit and ordered probit model. The results showed that the majority of the farmers lack knowledge about management record. Also, appropriate record-keeping books and related education were not available. Therefore, the government should develop and provide farmers with record-keeping books that are easy to use and at the same time giving proper education about agricultural management skills. Finally, this study suggests some improvement plans about agricultural record-keeping based on the results drawn.
Farm Management Record;Record-keeping;Agricultural Bookkeeping
Grant : 농업경영기록 실태 분석 및 개선 방안 연구
Supported by : 농촌진흥청
- Gyeongsangnam-do Agricultural Technology Center, "Farm Management Diary", 2008-2011.
- Gyeongsangnam-do Agricultural Research & Extension Services, "Farm Diary", 2011.
- Rural Development Administration National Institute of Horticultural & Herbal Science, "Farm Management Diary", 2010.
- Rural Development Administration, "2010 Research on Agricultural Products Income", 2010.
- S. Y. So, C. J. Yu, D. H. Jang, Y. M. Hwang, "Research on Improvement of Abilities to Keep a Record of and Diagnose Agricultural Management", Final Report of Rural Development Administration, 2007.
- C. J. Yu, "The Effectiveness of Farm Management Records", Korean Journal of Agricultural Management and Policy, Vol. 33, No. 3, pp. 693-714, September, 2006.
- W. Greene, "Econometric Analysis 5th edn." Upper Saddle River. NJ: Prentice Hall, 2003.
- R. Mckelvey, W. Zavoina, "A Statistical Model for the Analysis of Ordinal Level Dependent Variables", Journal of Mathematical Sociology Vol. 4, pp. 103-120, 1975. https://doi.org/10.1080/0022250X.1975.9989847
- R. S. Pindyck, D. L. Rubinfeld, "Econometric Models and Economic Forecasts", McGraw-Hill Inc, pp. 270-271, 273-274, 279-281, 1991.
- K. Storchmann, "English Weather and Rhine Wine Quality: An Ordered Probit Model", Journal of Wine Research, Vol. 16, No. 2, pp. 105-119, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1080/09571260500327648
- The Effects of Strong Small Farm Policy for Participation Farms vol.20, pp.3, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7851/ksrp.2014.20.3.089