- Volume 13 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
A Study on Skin Health Knowledge and Treatment -The case of female college students major and non-major in skin care-
피부건강에 대한 인식과 관리에 관한 연구 -피부미용 전공과 비전공 여대생을 중심으로-
- Choi, Sung-Im (Dept. of Skin Care & Beauty, Myongji College) ;
- Kwon, Young-Nang (Kwon Young Nang Esthetic Laboratory) ;
- Lee, Geai-Young (Sun Cheon First College Beauty Care)
- Received : 2012.04.05
- Accepted : 2012.07.12
- Published : 2012.07.31
This study is intended to research female university students' concern with beauty care, their skin condition, knowledge and treatment comparing the majors with the non-majors in Seoul. This comparative study between them focused on their educational and behavioral differences in beauty care in the same living space, and the results were as follows: The majors' average point on the concern with skin health care was higher than the non-majors(p<.01). There were more combination skin type in the major group, and more dry skin type in the non-major group. Also, there were meaningful differences among the two groups in frequency of double cleansing after makeup, exfoliating, massaging or applying mask packs, using sunscreen(p<.01, p<.001, p<.01, p<.01). Further, intake rates of instant food and moisture were meaningfully different between them(p<.001, p<.05). In addition, the majors more tended to purchase cosmetics efficiently through lots of channels, and showed more active attitude to buy high-price cosmetics with outstanding properties although they have financial burden(p<.001). It was hoped that the results of this study would be used in skin care industry and education area in the future.
- Myong, Eun-jin, A Study of on Knowledge and Behavior for skin Health Care: Focusing on women in their 20s and 30s. master thesis. Yonsei University, 2000.
- Bae, Soo-Hyun, Moon, In-Ok, Kim, Yeon-Hee, Relationships Between Variables Related to Skin Health and Skin Health Behavior in Female University Students in Seoul. Journal of Korean Society for Health Education and Promotion, Vol. 20, No.1, pp147-158, 2003.
- Bae, Hyang-Sun, College And University Girl Students' Awareness and Behavior of Skin Care, The Korean Society for Aesthetics and Cosmetology, Vol.3, No.1, pp177-188, 2005.
- Baek, Kyoung-Jin, Kim, Mi-Young, Make-up Behavior and Influential Factors: Focusing on Clothing Involvement, Age and Face Satisfaction. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles Vol.28, No.7, pp892-903. 2004.
- Sohn, Hee-ae, A study on the realities of skin care and body-shape management of college students and their preference, master thesis. Chung-Ang University, 2006.
- Shin, Eun-Jung, Knowledge, Attitude and Practice on Skin Health Care of High School Girls. master thesis. Yeungnam University, 2007.
- Lee, Hye-won, A Study on the Women's Understanding of Skin Care and Preference. master thesis. Distance Learning Sookmyung Women's University, 2009.
- Ha, Moon-sun, A Study on the recognition and current status of skin care of the working women. master thesis. Distance Learning Sookmyung Women's University, 2007.
- Hong, Jin-I, Health State of Women's Skin and Relevant Life Style. master thesis. Distance Learning Sookmyung Women's University, 2007.
- Cash, T. F. & Pruzinsky, T. Body images: Development, Deviance, and Change, New York; The Guilford Press. p198-201, pp251-252, 1990.