- Volume 13 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Development of the Wearable Personal Cooling System
착용형 개인 냉방시스템 개발
- Jang, Jun-Young (Laboratory of Combustion and Energy, Keimyung University)
- 장준영 (계명대학교 연소 및 에너지 실험실)
- Received : 2012.03.29
- Accepted : 2012.07.12
- Published : 2012.07.31
This paper discusses the development of the wearable personal cooling system for reducing thermal stress in hot environment. The personal cooling system is operated with the compact refrigeration system by compressing refrigerant. The compact refrigeration system is applied with the miniaturization and weight reduction for portable and wearable cooling system. The body heat is reduced by heat conduction with evaporator in direct cooling type. The cooling capacity of the wearable personal cooling system is approximately 100W and, the system could maintain the inside temperature of approximately 12-
Wearable;Personal Cooling;Compact Refrigeration System;Direct Cooling Type
- Jeong Wha Choi, Kyoung Sook Hwang, "Effective of Cooling Vest in Hot Environment", Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, Vol. 25, No. 1, pp. 83-90, 2001.
- Ministry of Education and Technology, "Development of Portable Microclimate Cooling System", Dual Use Technology Report, Ministry of Education and Technology, 2001.
- Sang Kuk Yun, et al., "The Chilly Wind Vest Production which Uses the Thermoelectric Element", Proc. of Conference on the Korean Society of Marine Engineering, pp. 403-404, 2008.
- Byung Ok Cho, "Refrigeration Technology Engineering", Cmass, 2010.
- Euisung Jang, et al., "An Experimental Study on the Optimization of the Performance Characteristics of a Refrigeration System Using R-600a and R-134a", Korean Journal of Air-Condition and Refrigeration Engineering, Vol. 22, No. 5, pp. 268-274, 2010.
- Moo Yeon Lee, et al., "A Study on Performance Characteristics of Propane/Isobutane Refrigerant Mixtures in a Domestic Small Multi-Refrigeration System", Trans. of the KSME, Vol. 29, No. 2, pp. 271-278, 2005.
- Chang Soo Kang, et al., "Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Engineering", p. 399, Bosunggak, 2001.